The Lunatic Club

Shinori

If you figure out how to do that indefinitely, do share. RN wasting in this game is not easy.

Here's what I've found so far:

- Burning RNs via GBA movement doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing it WAY wrong)

- The best way to "burn" RNs, IMO, is to swap the attack order/change the number of attacks (using a Javelin as a melee weapon as opposed to a ranged one)

- Did the attack order swap earlier today to rig a crit on Chapter 11

There's so much to Awakening's RN that I wanna learn~!

I actually completely forgot Vaike can go Hero, whoops. I was planning to have him go Barbarian before promoting to maximize unpromoted EXP gain, though. Is that a good idea or should he go straight to Hero?

I've never played FE where the enemy stats get so ridiculous near the end. I feel like a noob all over again.

Most people will go straight to Hero - he gets a nice Speed boost, and he makes a pretty good back-row unit. Personally, I'd base it off of his stats - if he's sufficiently strong enough to take another 9 levels of unpromoted abuse, I'd go for it (and because I'm a money-grubbing player, but that's another story).

My personal bane is Chapter 23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Spd flaw you have 2 chapters and ~9 level ups to get +6 Spd for interceptor level 2 strats. Or you take Def flaw and just the prologue and 6 level ups to get +6 Def for 11 Def chapter 1 strats (in addition to +3 Spd).

Mind linking me to these Cht.1 strats? I'd hazard a guess that winging Cht.1 is much easier than winging Cht.2 though.

Here's what I've found so far:

- Burning RNs via GBA movement doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing it WAY wrong)

- The best way to "burn" RNs, IMO, is to swap the attack order/change the number of attacks (using a Javelin as a melee weapon as opposed to a ranged one)

- Did the attack order swap earlier today to rig a crit on Chapter 11

There's so much to Awakening's RN that I wanna learn~!

That stuff can make short term patches (mostly for stuff like ensuring low% bad events don't happen), but it doesn't change the RNG indefinitely which is what would really be optimal for messing with it.

I'm not entirely sure what generates Awakening's RNG; in FE11/12 it was something like the clock right when the game itself was started. The best I can think of is to do snapshot saves - have one save at the beginning of the turn, and use the second slot to save before every action (as the RN state seems to be preserved. . .or I somehow hit a six-stat level for Lon'qu that includes Resistance, twice in a row). Furthermore, I don't think there's anything available right now that reveals the actual numbers being used (and if I'm wrong, SAY SOMETHING, please).

There could be as soon as someone figures out how to efficiently repack the ROM.

SoC is rather vocal about wanting a RAM watcher, so I think someone will make one eventually. You'll likely need a Gateway 3ds to use it, though.

If there's Yet Another 3DS coming out, I might be able to convert an old one to a Gateway. Anyway, thanks for the info~! For now, I'll bumble around blind, but I really liked seeing how "broken" the other games could be (in terms of cracking open the RNG). I'd love it if it happened here, too~!

Mind linking me to these Cht.1 strats? I'd hazard a guess that winging Cht.1 is much easier than winging Cht.2 though.

It's the def level for non Luna Archer to deal 0 damage on fort.

And having to wing chapter 1 vs not having to wing anything at all. Having -Spd and hitting +6 Spd over 9 levels is extremely reasonable in the first place.

After chapter 1, defense becomes pretty moot. And after chapter 3, speed becomes pretty moot. Every level up later doesn't even need to be mediocre.

Update. Did Gerome's paralogue. PSA: Gerome's paralogue isn't that hard so long as you have some strong fliers and of course Galeforce. I don't remember all the details so here's the gist.

The plan was to get some exp to Cordelia and maybe Gerome, but what actually happened was just another stomp by The Falchion Sisters™ and Cherche. This is a map where the power of Galeforce, flight, and rescue can really shine. After rally speed + spectrum, Cherche can double swordmasters with a speed tonic or Ephraim's lance. With the combination of being able to double them with a lance + swordbreaker or just straight up obliteration them with 100% hit with a Brave Axe, Cherche is now officially an invaluable member of the team (not that she wasn't one like 8 chapters ago...). Anyway, Mary and Robin rally, Cherche pulls the swordmaster and Severa pulls the Sniper. Chrom recruits Gerome, switches to Sumia. Morgan pairs up with Gerome. I had plans to start a support between Morgan and Gerome but they didn't get to see much action due to Morgan being on foot and Gerome being obliterated by everything.

On turn 2, Sumia kills a right side Wyvern and flies back down to the bridge to use rally mov (Severa was 1 space away from another Wyvern and Cherche needed 1 more Mov to engage a Tomahawk Wyvern), Severa goes up and kills another wyvern then Sumia gets danced and kills the third. Cherche kills a tomahawk Wyvern on the left. Cynthia/Lucina get 3 kills via double galeforce, taking out 2 Zerkers and a Sniper. EP happens, and Lucina is forced to fight a Silver Lance Wyvern which takes a big chunk out of her health. Despite WTD she pulls 100% hit on the Wyvern anway because Sumia genetics, it dies. Cherche takes on the other Wyvern.

Turn 3, Lucina/Cynthia run to the lower left in order to engage the Sniper and 2 Zerkers that maul the villagers. Everyone huddles in the middle bridge to prepare for the heating up of turn 4. Maribelle used the P17 Hammerne on Sumia's Forseti since it was running low on uses.

On turn 4, Robin and Maribelle rally, Cherche takes the left, Sumia takes the right. Lucina/Cynthia kill all the of the 2 Zerkers and Sniper in one turn (isn't galeforce amazing?). EP, Cherche face tanks, Sumia dodge tanks. Cherche had a 1 range weapon so she was left with 2 1-2 range enemies. Bleh. On the right side Sumia had fun with Forseti even if it was a bit on the risky side. It was a lot better than what anyone else could do since I only have one flying tank and she was busy and I couldn't count on anyone else to take on 4 Wyverns and live to tell the tale. The most annoying part is how Wyverns have a lot of +Hit skills. They stack all of tantivity, Hit +10, and Quick Burn along with a breaker just to piss you off. The axe wielding Wyverns with Swordbreaker were by far the worst.

Turn 5 was pretty much Cherche kites the unkilled Wyverns to the initial bridge and murders them on EP via Orsin's Hatchet + Fred dual strikes (you know, it's amazing what 18 Str and a Silver lance can do this late in the game). Sumia got hit once so she kills the 5th wyvern out of the 5 Wyvern Squad (who conveniently had a 1 range weapon) then heals with Galeforce and lands in a spot to take on 1 more Wyvern out of the right side reinforcements. Considering how much solo work Sumia was doing, relief was quite helpful. Cherche engaged the left side reinforcements and took them out cleanly with Orsin's hatchet. Lucina/Cynthia dominated the leftmost side of the map, KOing 2 swordmasters + a sniper with ease, in the same turn. They took on 2/3 Wyverns on EP as well since one of them had a 1-2 range weapon. The middle wyverns were pulled by Bow Knight Severa each time so that was helpful. At some point I left Sumia in range of 2 wyverns when I though she was in range of one and I was shitting bricks but she dodged it anyway thankfully (43% displayed).

Turn 6 (or 7, I forget) was kind of frightening because now all the enemies from the top-middle and bottom-right were starting to converge and I didn't have enough firepower. Luckily, Cynthia kills the third Wyvern then uses Galeforce to move in range of Maribelle's rescue, getting rescued from the left to the middle. She gets danced then switches to Lucina and gets 2 more kills. Fucking galeforce I swear. I finally get a kill for Chrom and he gets a dud level up (only HP). Yes I was pissed. The remaining enemies get mauled and everyone is outside of boss range. Next turn the boss kill gets fed to Severa who gets a perfect level up out of the deal. Gerome joins, everybody happy.

Gerome's getting benched. It's just too late for him. On the other hand, he is a wyvern rider who is axe locked and has a dragon weakness. Guess who is getting sacrificed to Chrom in the Wellspring of Truth :awesome:

Enough dicking around, I should get to doing C21 already.

Update: C21 done in 5 turns.

Galeforce breaks this map harder than the floor breaks a dropped Smartphone. Nothing much to say here. Just straight up Zerg rush to the finish. I made an honest effort to train Cordelia on the assassins here. She got 2 levels. The Mire Sorcs could barely even hit base level Anna after rally speed and spectrum (47% displayed). Severa and Cordelia's dual strikes piss me off. I can't count how many 57% DS they didn't proc. Lucina and Cynthia pretty much dive down the middle, killing everything then eventually kill Algol via Eirika's blade brave assault. I got none of the treasure, even though the Bullion would have been nice. I'm sure 7k can tide me over until the end of the game.

Lucina learned RFK, putting her at a whopping 31% Aether proc rate. It's a nifty skill in game, even if it blows post game. Considering how obscenely powerful P. Falchion and Lucina are, that's effectively a 31% lethality. 1/3 chance for an instant KO? I'll take it.

Considering how much you hear about this map being difficult, combined with my memory of it being hard, it was actually somewhat disappointing.

Edit: Forgot about C22 preview.

C22 at a glance: The FE4 Deadlords are here with no plot explanation whatsoever! Bravo, IS! They even have Holy Weapons! This chapter doesn't look too hard. Brave Axe Cherche is gonna maul the Balmung Swordmaster, Tigris will get blasted with Celica's Gale, Beastkillers for the Horsies, though the Valflame Valkyrie might be a bit tough. Lmao Aversa is a chump. She is gonna get killed by either Bow Knight Severa or Forseti Sumia.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I decided to be dumb, and shove two Speedwings into Frederick. He hit the level cap, and I reclassed him to Paladin. He's one of the guys I throw into the fray - with 29 Speed and a Sumia S-Support, he's not going to be doubled any time soon. Back in his Great Knight days, he was able to absorb just enough hits to matter. He's lost some of that physical tankiness, and gained a wee bit of magical resistance.

Will tackle Chapter 17 now. With any luck, my Avatar will quit trolling me (20/15/6, currently a Dark Flier, and has yet to have a non-HP stat break 30. . .closest are Speed and Skill at 29, and her 23 Luck and 26 Defense is higher than her 22 Strength and Magic, and she has a Luck flaw. At least Ignis procs help).

Edited by eclipse

Don't fret about the low Mag/Str of your Dark Flier. Dark Fliers aren't really known for their combat parameters. Barely breaking 29 Spd is a bummer, though. What's your Asset?

In other news, C22 is very fun. I completed it in like, 16 turns because I was dicking around when it was just Aversa left. I tend to do that against immobile bosses. I'll edit this post with the actual update in a bit. Swordbreaker is beyond ridiculous.

Asset: Defense

It made the earlier chapters a lot less headache-inducing, as she was blessed early-on.

Made it through Chapter 17. Thanks to Lucina being OP (I passed down Veteran), the chapter wasn't too bad. Had to use a Speed tonic on Chrom so he'd double one of the starting Valkyries, and a Resistance tonic on Lucina so she'd survive a bit longer against the Valkyrie rush. Chapter 18 looks like it's going to be stupid, but thanks to a bunch of Speedwings I had, Kellam should be able to keep himself from being doubled by most things (Swordmasters don't count).

Stahl and Frederick are on more-or-less equal footing, and it's glorious. Alas, Sumia makes a better booster than Cordelia. . . :(:

C18 is really stupid. God I hate that map. One of these days I'll give Stahl a chance. What was it like dealing with his speed rut in the early game?

At C23 right now. I hate this map. It isn't hard, it is just a matter of why the hell did they force Chrom/Robin to the top. Did they think at all about people who didn't pair Chrom with FeMU? Ugh. Although Basilio and Flavia's bases and Weapon ranks are actually amazing. I never noticed before.

I can't even begin to imagine this map on L+ oh dear god.

Made it to Ch.9 since a few days ago... Ground all my units to level 20, used the master seal on Chrom, only Ricken is RNG screwed (I barely got 3 magic growths on him over what, 15 levels?) but I still can't beat 9 because either Libra or Kellam dies... And It's hard to pick the 3DS back up after the reset because of the sand... I've found true hell, this time.

It's easy to rescue them in a no grind. Must be even easier with grinding.

This is Cordelia and Sumia's time to shine. Zerg rush to Libra while being wary of the enemy range of Tharja's group.

It's easy to rescue them in a no grind. Must be even easier with grinding.

This is Cordelia and Sumia's time to shine. Zerg rush to Libra while being wary of the enemy range of Tharja's group.

Thanks, it worked, I'm just stupid I guess.

Well I finished Lunatic, now I can get onto 100% That Majora's Mask remake. I decided to just screw around in the end and cut everybody but Avatar/Lucina and Morgan/Chrom. They both his max stats and Avatar ended up a Dreadfighter with sol, astra, armsthrift, ignis, swordfaire. Morgan was a manakete with the same skills except had the same except for bowbreaker over swordfaire. My "strategy" for End Game was to hire another max stat avatar paired with Nowi and have both avatars hunting down physic staff enemies while Morgan tanked Grima with Chrom helping kill him. Morgan took 25 damage from ignis grima attacks but thankfully the game was nice enough to put enemy spawners around grima so sol could heal Morgan back up to full hp.

I'm not coming back to Lunatic for a long time, it was fun at the start but then it felt more of a stats game than anything near mid to end game.

C18 is really stupid. God I hate that map. One of these days I'll give Stahl a chance. What was it like dealing with his speed rut in the early game?

He didn't have one. No, really - because he stayed on the upper half of his 50% speed growth early-on, it wasn't a problem, and I shoved a Speedwings into him to make sure he stayed ahead of the curve! He was right on average at 15 natural speed when I promoted him (17 with the booster). I also got Kellam to double-digit speed as fast as possible. Eventually, I broke the bromance to give Kellam to Miriel (she needed the bulk) and Stahl to Cordelia (so they could fix each other's weaknesses). Every now and then, they'll pair up and basically be invincible.

Chapter 18 was. . .fun, but doable, but Stahl died about halfway through because of bows (Cordy was able to take up the slack). Chapter 19 was a bit difficult, and I eventually said "screw this", had a newly-reclassed Lissa gallop to rescue Miriel, who grabbed Lucina/Chrom, who I then rigged to ORKO Walhart.

Chapter 20. . .was a nightmare. Missed the Spirit Dust, but eh. Waited out the reinforcements, then rallied/rigged my way through a couple of dumb enemy phases. Sumia was able to dodge Snipers (62% displayed hit on her). Frederick/Sumia is a damn nice combo, and all it took was a couple of Speedwings on Frederick's end. . .and something like a Seraph Robe, two Energy Drops, a Spirit Dust, and a Dracoshield for Sumia (tl;dr - she hates me again, but she's a level away from Galeforce).

Chapter 21 will be interesting. Stahl/Frederick are relatively fast, and Avatar is still a flying pony. Lucina should be theoretically strong enough to solo the map, but I'd rather not rely on her for everything. I want to pump one more level into Miriel, so that I can pick up Laurent (Tomefaire and Luna will be sweet). Will probably do one final Golden Gaffe run, just to get the gears set in motion.

I found C19 way harder than C20 because the enemy is almost entirely mounted whereas C20 they are relatively low mov classes. Wal-mart also picked a worse weapon for his final encounter. Sol+RFK can legitimately be a pain.

C21 is somewhat harmless, so long as you can reliably take out the Assassins and Swordmasters since the Zerkers and Sorcs have low hit.

My Stahl isn't faring nearly as well despite having three really good level ups where at least 2 included both Speed and Strength. I couldn't get him much for chip EXP thanks to taking a while to hit D lances (the kills I could feed him were all generally sword kills against Barbs). I'd really hoped to have him as a Paladin lead with Cherche backing him up, but it's gone the other way around with Cherche leading and Stahl supporting.

Update on the current run's combat pairs: Nowi x Kellam and Cherche x Stahl are both still able to do reasonable chip damage, but direct combat is borderline fatal. Nowi just gets doubled by everything and Cherche is doubled by about half the stuff. On the other hand, the Strength buffs from those supports are what allow them to still contribute chip damage. Panne x Vaike has hit a point where they don't have to worry too much about Speed. They double most things, although they were one Speed short (without a Tonic, mind) of doubling the chapter 16 Heroes and quite a bit short of doubling the Falcos (wasn't that big a deal with Robin/Chrom and Morgan/Lucina on the field, though).

As usual, Morgan's quickly becoming just as much of a wrecking ball as his mother. He actually took over as main tank for chapter 15. Since I still haven't done paralogue 4 (still holding 2-4 in hopes of training Yarne... maybe Nah too), I didn't have an Arms Scroll for instant Hand Axes for Hero!Robin (and she'd already hit 20 Dark Flier in the previous map...), so Morgan handled Counter stuff while Robin smote all the non-Counters with a Bronze Axe for as much WEXP as possible. Ended up being two swings short and had to pick those up in chapter 16.

I think if I can get the paralogues to work out for the kids, I'll eventually break up the sibling death ball for Morgan x Nah and Lucina x Yarne. We'll have to see, though, as it hinges on Nowi and Kellam gaining enough support points to marry, which involves fighting and since I'm going into Fort Steiger next, getting enough opportunity for that is going to be dicey (I think they're only at B support...). Granted, I do have a Seed of Trust from a shiny tile. I also wanna feed Vaike enough kills (easy-ish enough if he can get a Hand Axe assist against a weakened enemy from Panne) to get to Sol to pass that to Yarne (so he can go right to Warrior from Fighter—or possibly even from Barbarian). I've already given up on getting Nah anything super useful.

Yeah, Nowi has never performed really well for me on Lunatic+. In theory she should still be able to reach critical mass to OHKO Counter and shrug off repeated Luna+, but the general strategy for getting her that exp in the first place is chipping from behind a choke in Cht.8 (ruined by Pass) followed by limited EP tanking in Cht.9 and 10 (ruined by Counter vs her low HP). She can get started eventually, but never get ahead of the curve and then she basically becomes a Knight with better range.

I did get her kind of running with the standard Nowi x Gregor pairing in the run before this. She wasn't ahead of the curve, but she picked up enough kills to keep up for a while, falling off around the end of Valm (a big problem was Gregor's ability to help eventually falling way behind and her not being strong enough to feed him a few kills to catch him back up). This let her be a very conditional offtank who could take on 1-2 enemies, depending on skill distribution. I suppose that's still a pretty far cry away from her vanilla Lunatic performance, though.

Hello!

The purpose of this post is to ask for advice about a choice I have to make.

I'm done with ch. 4 (L+), got a rescue from a merchant and now find myself wondering whether I should do ch. 5 before paralogue 1 in an attempt to give Maribelle some quality time healing in the latter.

These are my units:

Name lv. HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Weapon Ranks

Chrom 6.19 25 10 2 12 13 7 10 4 Swd: D

Robin 16.17 32 13 15 11 17 16 16 8 Swd/Tme: C

Lissa 9.29 24 4 11 8 7 14 4 9 Stf: C

Miriel 7.61 23 1 10+2 7 13 9 3 4 Tme: C

Fred 2.48 29 14 2 13 10 6 15 4 Swd/Axe: D, Lnc: A.

All other units are at base.

Chapter 5 is really tough and paralogue 1 is trivial, I'd personally go level up a little in paralogue 1 before butting heads on chapter 5. I've never had any difficulty finding Maribelle enough staff XP, there's a lot of staff stuff to be done on lunatic+ and you can always spend a little of your nest egg on spotpass Mend/Physic if you feel she needs more XP quickly.

I'd like to avoid actual battles with spotpass teams if possible, but this is a nice idea, since I'd essentially just box up random units and spam heal on the one taking damage, which ends up having the same results - whether it's a spotpass skirmish or a regular chapter. Thanks for the input!