The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Whelp, still working on Ch. 3... I just generally seem to have bad luck, and also seem to be bad. Can't seem to get past the bottom group all of the sudden, when I do the top still wrecks me. I wish I could just... Skip Ch. 3. I know I can beat Ch. 4, and from there I'm essentially home free...

What are the stats for your units? I could give you advice based on those. Also like asset/flaw for Avatar, etc.

Also@ CzarYoshi crap I forgot about her...welp.

Edited by Blaze The Great

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the stats for your units? I could give you advice based on those. Also like asset/flaw for Avatar, etc.

That would be much appreciated.

Well, the ever important Avatar is +Speed -Skill because of the Chapter 2 strats, and it did go quite easily... Sits at level 13 with Str of 11, Mag of 13 (And C rank in tomes) a skill of 10, which is enough to ensure hits, speed of 19, luck of 12, defense of 11 (this is where I'm a bit screwed) and a resistance of 9, which doesn't matter for this chapter.

Frederick is just level 2, he did get str spd and def up though. Chrom is still level 1 because both times I tried to give him experience, he got screwed and Frederick had to take it. Sully got 2 and Vaike got 3.

I use Interceptor's strat to beat the left wave, which I can do consistently. Right is... Doable if they don't have too many Luna+ or Counter spawns, as is standard.

So when fighting the top, you go around left and kill the Knight, then kite everything in circles around the map, engaging foes 1-2 at a time on enemy phase as safe with lots of adjacent units to negate crits, healing with Lissa on PP. Doubling with Fred and the Iron Sword does pretty good damage against everything that lacks Pavise+. Archers aren't too threatening without Luna+ and can mostly be ignored. Fighters without Hawkeye rarely hit and aren't too bad either. If you have to take Counter, double with Fire/Thunder and attack once more on EP for a 3HKO (no Counter damage). You should only have trouble if you're somehow forced to engage two Counter foes at 1-range on the same EP (which almost never happens); if they ever stack up like this then facetank unequipped in a chokepoint for 1 turn to get everything stacked up behind you and fight it the same way you handled the RHS.

I must really just be bad/have awful luck with Luna+/Counter spawns. My issue is that my Avatar really does just get molested by anything with Luna+ or Counter... Just can barely not quite 1 shot them, so takes full counter damage and hit... I must need more HP/Defense.

That brings me to a thought I had a little while back, is HP+ Avatar vital for Lunatic+? Seems like it would be good for dealing with the counter early on. I mean, if I can make it to Chapter 3 with a Speed+...

More HP, in general, is a good way of dealing with some of Lunatic+'s scarier skills. However, it's not valuable enough to take it as an Asset over Def or Spd, especially since Veteran combined with HP being Robin's highest growth will more reliably make up the deficit than hoping to be Def- or Spd- blessed. I briefly considered HP Asset for my current run plan, but the averages suddenly made reaching important benchmarks really iffy. So even in the short term, it's not preferable.

Does anyone have some advice for Chapter 20 on Lunatic+? The high enemy density is really bothersome, since it prevents me from deploying some of my units like Lissa, Maribelle, and Olivia, which makes things a lot harder on my combat pairs (Chrom/Robin and Lucina/Morgan) since I can't heal them (without using up their turns) or pick off enemies from a distance with Mire. My combat pairs can hold up for a while, but Luna+ and Hawkeye eventually take them down.

Magic and weapons that are effective against armoured units. This may require either resets or that your units have Galeforce (which, while I don't have complete info, your setup looks like a Robin family, so I'm guessing you do). Pick the left or right. Slam that side's quartet of Generals hard. Priority eliminating Counter and Pass. This should create a pocket of safety for your other units. If you're using a full deploy, you may have to Rescue pairs from the far deployment slots of the other side (to get them out of range of the centre's Hero). If the Generals aren't dead yet, they should die on EP to your combat pairs. Now push up the side hallway as hard as you can. A particularly hardy pair may have to go out into the central hall a bit to draw the enemy away from the intersection (allowing your squishies to sneak by). Don't dawdle, as reinforcements show up in the south of every hall during turn 4 EP. Ideally, at least Cervantes and most of his goons should be dead by then. Even better if you can get Excellus and a bunch of his guys down (particularly the Longbowmen), but take care not to pull them when you're not quite ready, as there is likely to be plenty of melee with Counter mixed in. After that, it's all clean-up, since Walhart and his entourage won't budge unless you deliberately engage them.

Since I do not know your roster of units, it's impossible for me to give specific advice, but something generic should do.

http://www.literatureproject.com/art-of-war/6-art-war.htm

This book is over two thousand years old, but is still highly relevant even in today's society, I recommend reading it. Now, why do I mention this relic of the past...?

In interceptor's guide, you can see that he throws his Laurent into the center of the enemies. Most of them only use ranged weapons, he is safe against counter.

It is quite literally point 12 in the linked article.

Point 14 and 15 tells you to turtle up.

22 tells you to check the enemy skills and predict their next move.

24 does not need further explanation.

30 is relevant.

Theoretically, how would one complete Kjelle's paralogue on L+? Triple rescue and then turtle? The other issue is that since the hallway is 4 tiles wide, you'd need 4 good defensive pairs, which seems like a tall order. You could have, say, MU stand on pillars and delay/distract the enemies, while the rest of the team peels them off little by little. The sorcerors hit absurdly hard though, which seems to be problematic. I'm not actually playing on L+, I'm just curious. Reinforcements start spawning really early (thanks IS) and Kjelle can't last long.

Do you mean the top two halls? It seems like you have to push hard and fast to get there before enemies start pouring out. If you can brave the L+ skills and get in position, and perhaps plug the bottom two stairs, then that could work. Dunno about the reliability though.

I mean the south-eastern/western rooms which are only accessible though choke which is several tiles long. Put your highest defense unit up front and plug up the few tiles behind him/her which are vulnerable to ranged attacks with your own ranged units.

yeah Kjelle's paralogue is extremely easy compared to the other kiddy paralogues, you shouldn't have any trouble with it at all. Set a tank in the southwest room (at the nub so they can't be attacked at 2-range through the walls), block the stairs, have someone roaming around to clean up the odd Pass enemy. The chokepoint is so long that it's quite difficult for Pass enemies to enter your room en masse.

The sorcerors hit absurdly hard though, which seems to be problematic. I'm not actually playing on L+, I'm just curious. Reinforcements start spawning really early (thanks IS) and Kjelle can't last long.

Sorcerors hit hard but they're so inaccurate as to be irrelevant without Hawkeye, they only have around 80 hit. Hawkeye Sorcerors are a threat but there's only two or three Sorcerors on the map total and every other enemy is cannon fodder.

Kjelle doesn't need to last long, you can easily Rescue/recruit her on turn 1 as everyone else piles into the southwest room.

I'll try turtling, but the high enemy density might make that a problem early on.

Here are my unit stats if that helps:

Chrom (Lv 12 Bow Knight) - 75/41/7/42/40/41/25/23

Robin (Lv 19 Bow Knight) - 74/35/24/42/37/24/35/19

Lucina (Lv 13 Bow Knight) - 78/37/13/38/41/40/32/18

Morgan (Lv 13 Sniper) - 72/34/19/42/35/37/38/21

Lissa (Lv 1 Falcon Knight) - 43/19/23/25/23/26/10/18

Maribelle (Lv 2 Falcon Knight) - 35/9/15/23/23/21/12/19

Henry (Lv 6 Sorcerer) - 49/12/26/25/15/21/13

Anna (Lv 3 Trickster) - 39/14/18/25/23/28/10/12

Olivia (Lv 13 Dancer) - 26/8/3/18/17/15/9/5

Skill-wise, Chrom has access to Dual Strike+, Charm, Skill+2, Prescience, and Rally Skill. Robin has access to Veteran, Solidarity, Armsthrift, Patience, Rally Skill, and Bowbreaker. Lucina has access to Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Veteran, Armsthrift, Patience, and Rally Skill. Morgan has access to Veteran, Solidarity, Rightful King, Armsthrift, Skill+2, Prescience, and Hit+20.

Thanks for the help!

Currently doing a playthrough of Luna+ using restrictions:

- No Nosferatu / healing weapons

- No Healing abilities

- No Wireless features

- Keep everyone alive. Recruit everyone.

- Renown rewards up to 270

- Merchants are allowed

- No DLC, no grinding, etc

Completed this run (No healing skills & lunatic+ basically)

Ch 23 Invisible Ties was annoying since I had to circle the whole time. Robin was my only good character.

A crit build using Vantage, Wrath, Gamble, Vengeance, and filler worked fine for completing the game, although it was less reliable than nosferatu or sol spam. It took me about 12.5 hours real time, or 8 hrs ingame time to complete. This was my 1st time attempting a crit build Luna+. All my characters are alive and healthy, although they're all terrible. I did +MAG, -LUK, but asset/flaw don't matter too much.

I am playing on Classic, but I suppose it doesn't matter anymore since I eventually found a way to clear the chapter (I had to rely on Henry to get 2 Ruin crits and for a Warrior on the left to not have Pass or Aegis+, which allowed me to progress far enough to get through the rest with Rescue).

Thanks for the help anyway!

Edited by BlueSS1

I am playing on Classic, but I suppose it doesn't matter anymore since I eventually found a way to clear the chapter (I had to rely on Henry to get 2 Ruin crits and for a Warrior on the left to not have Pass or Aegis+, which allowed me to progress far enough to get through the rest with Rescue).

Thanks for the help anyway!

Good job. I was considering some shenanigans involving rescue chains with Olivia, but your magic (probably) wouldn't be sufficient as to pull Kjelle far enough towards the starting zone as to enable Chrom to talk to her, resulting in Kjelle pairing up with Chrom. With enough magic, four rescues including Olivia would've been plenty.

Good job. I was considering some shenanigans involving rescue chains with Olivia, but your magic (probably) wouldn't be sufficient as to pull Kjelle far enough towards the starting zone as to enable Chrom to talk to her, resulting in Kjelle pairing up with Chrom. With enough magic, four rescues including Olivia would've been plenty.

I thought this was Cht.20...?

I thought this was Cht.20...?

This was the original post. #3503

I answered in post #3505.

Omega zero's post #3506 got me thinking of paralogue 8.

At that point, I mixed them up and thought BlueSS1 was asking about paralogue 8. I took his stats from post #3512 and tried formulating a strategy, which you quoted.

Edit: TL;DR: I failed.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Started a Lunatic+ file. Went with +Def -Luck and planned to just cheese the whole thing with Robinspam because I don't really think I care enough to do something else right now.

Got crit by the Mage whilst doing the water trick. Stuff like this is why I didn't pick -luck last time...guess I'm gonna just roll with -skill again.

EDIT: Lol, I just got crit by that fucking mage AGAIN. :|

Edited by Irysa

It's worth noting that because the Mage has Elthunder and 8 Skl, it's impossible to both do the water trick and not be in danger of being crit, even with a +Luk (although, +Luk would bring it down to 1%). And not doing the water trick (in order to get up to support level 3 for +10 Dodge) tends to end in bad things from the enemy melee.