The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I've ever been able to match the Lunatic+ Risen in no Logbook/DLC scenarios is through Counter/Fort/Falchion infinite heal grinding on Staffbots with Streetpass Second Seals. Lunatic Risen are fair game for challenge runs, Lunatic+ Risen are just mean.

I decided that instead of Nostanking the entire game via Spotpass Nos help, I'm going to do a complete "vanilla" Lunatic+ run, so I can only use everything that was in the game by default on release. Barracks and Event Tiles are all fair game, but no bonus box weapons, spotpass shops, etc. Renown up to whatever beating every map + non spotpass paralogue on Lunatic gives you and however much further it gets after that for each map I clear. I can't check the numbers right now but I think it roughly starts at around 350 or something? It goes up to the energy drop for just clearing Lunatic anyway. Prefferably not relying on Barracks boosts but whatever I get I'll take. This raises the consideration of whether or not I should actually bother to go with Dark Mage Robin in the earlygame if I can only actually start using Nos after chapter 9, and Robin is obviously going to hit level 20 before then, or if Bow Emblem is slightly more favourable.

I'm thinking it's probably worth it to just go Dark Mage anyway as first reclass, but I'm willing to hear out anyone who thinks trying to do some form of bow heavy approach would work better, or if merc is a better idea.

Edited by Irysa

270 for the campaign, 50 for campaign paralogues and 120 for the kids' paralogues starts you off at 440.

Dark Mage is really strong because tomes are the only readily available 1~2 range weapons until you can clear Paralogue 2 (hitting Res is a pretty nice bonus after enemies start building up some Def too). Add on that Hex and Anathema are both very nice skills, especially with Anathema buffing anyone who sticks close to Robin too. I would recommend against Merc in this type of run, if only because you're only going to get one Levin Sword from Renown before C11. Being sword-locked with no access to Spotpass shops is really, really awful for Lunatic+. If you really want to go the Bow Knight route, you're probably going to have to get to it through either Archer or hopping into it from tier 2 (such as DM->Sorc->BK).

I forgot I didn't do all the kid paralogues on my last lunatic file, whoops. Whatever, the point is, it's an extremely reasonable amount of renown, and basically what you would expect to have.

Also it's not that I particularly wanted to go for Bow Knight, was just wondering if Bow Emblem is considerably better in a world where I'm stuck without Nosferatu for a while, but I guess not. I assume Chrom should just be left to levelup via Dual Strikes? Is there really any point in feeding him kills at any point in the game? I briefly considered training Miriel but honestly I envision it being probably easier to just train supplementary staffbots and let Robin kill everything, with Fred helping out as long as possible.

Also I just beat Chapter 2 L+ without checking a guide whoo. Pretty sure it only worked out because of a lack of luna+ and hawkeye combinations though, since Robin would have been toast multiple times otherwise. That and needing Chrom to pull his weight in dual strikes. What a gross map.

Edited by Irysa

Under the conditions you set, I'd say Bow Emblem is severely hindered. With fewer restrictions, it's generally pretty safe.

Since you plan to have Robin main tanking the entire game, Chrom should get the levels he needs from Dual Strikes. If you end up with some secondary tanks who are taking significant amounts of EXP, then Chrom may need to get some oddball kills of his own on isolated enemies. Each kill can easily make up for half a dozen or more missed Dual Strike opportunities. Generally speaking, if you can get Chrom to around 35 Str, Skl and Luk and have Robin go at Grima with a brave type weapon, you have pretty good odds of making the kill. There's also plenty enough stat boosters in the game to catch Chrom up if it looks like he might not be making those thresholds.

Grats on C2.

You've got to try to feed Severa assassin and trickster kills in her paralogue. It's hard to catch up one of the kids at C19/20.

What do her stats look like? I trained her by getting her to 15 in her paralog, then promoting her to bow knight and letting her nab some kills in Tiki's paralogue.

Give up on Severa if you're not going to grind, or don't have someone tanky enough to break enemy weapons.

The best way to feed Severa in her Paralogue is to just continously rescue staff her back to the start of the map and farm out all the reinforcements, then hide her inside somebody after she talks to Holland and distract the reinforcements that start spawning on that trigger. If you don't have tanky enough units that can withstand that and need to kill, then she can at least snag a kill or two from the side she talked to Holland on, and you can lure some of the reinforcements that appear near the boss through the corridors with some other weak unit with high mov to make them take longer to actually fight anyone, possibly letting you get her over to them in time. But yeah since you've already gone this far without her, it's kinda a lost cause.

As for Tiki's paralogue, I'd also suggest ignoring it, since the only way to actually lowman that map is galeforce. If you have enough units you can do it without galeforce, but you kinda need effective weaponry and high mov still.

Edited by Irysa

That team is fine as long as you have supplementary staffbots to use Physic on them, and potentially enough dusts or ways to get Anna's Mag high enough to rescue skip some of the last few maps.

MU may need become a Sorc though, idk what his current class is for you. If Chrom doesn't have decent stats Lucina can kill Grima.

Edited by Irysa

By stats, I mean her actual stats. Numbers. I can at least calculate how salvageable she will be vs C21 enemies. Unfortunately, C20 is filled with really bulky enemy types so she would have to aim for sages. C21 and C23 have fragile enemy types but it's a bit late to be training anyone by that point.

Also, yeah I had 3 Galeforce units for the 2 turn of paralogue 17 (Chrom x Sumia 2 stronk pls nerf) so it may not be as quick for you. You already used the Naga tear on her so you could try to make her work, lol.

But eh, you've already got this far so you can do without her.

For Tiki's paralogue, are there really that many enemies with ranged weapons (lunatic)? I was thinking about moving Tiki up so she can be blocked by 3 units, and then having 2 guys roam with the aid of Oli and a rescue staffer, and kill the guys with ranged weapons. I really want the EXP before tackling the mountain of mounted Valmese on the next chapter.

@Shezzy: I'm not sure if you're gone to Owain's paralogue yet, but his paralogue is relatively low level so nice to train units in and Lissa is easy to marry off. The other easy paralogues are Kjelle/Laurant but might require more difficult support grinding.

Edited by XeKr

Tiki's map can overwhelm you very quickly. When they start showing up in squads of 4, at least 2 will have ranged weapons. It'll be hard to just kill the ranged enemies.

Oh yeah Brady's is relatively easy too. It's roughly by mother join time.

Tiki's paralogue is doable tanking-wise with 5 strong units if you rescue her against the back wall and maybe less if you Rescue her left and right across the map?

Edited by XeKr

MU has been sorc for a while, Lucina's going strong. Don't have Anna, but Lissa's been a good enough staffbot as Sage.

Um, if you haven't gotten Anna, then why don't you train Severa there?

I'll play around with it to see if it's feasible. I know the AI will shuffle units around if an enemy unit can deal fatal damage. But if 5 1-range enemy units stay put around my 3 units, then Tiki can't get 2-ranged.

A single 2-ranger has to be able to one-round her too, which, looking at the stats, only the Risen Chief has enough Spd and Attack to do. An interesting thing to note is that the AI has a custom prioritization in that if they're body blocked, they'll try to target something on the same X or Y axis as Tiki. I haven't tried recreating this since the first time I got it, but if things pile up too much, the AI gets so confused that it just breaks. It stops moving and stops attacking until some more space is created.

Oh yeah, I'm on chapter 11 btw.

I recruited Anna fairly recently and I think I'll have her be my chest opener, because I didn't train Gaius.

Maybe Staffbot too? I dunno. Raise her rank a bit, give her a Physic or something.