Who you used, who you paired with and why ?

Lanko

As of Ch22 on my Hard Mode file:

Chrom x Maribelle

Lynette x Kellam

Sully x Virion

Panne x Vaike

Hmm, I guess that's it. I was working on pairing Frederick with Cordelia and Henry with either Serge or Tharja, but those five had all fallen pretty far behind by the time promoted enemies started showing up everywhere and ended up as liabilities to even bring by Ch19. Haven't been doing sidequests, so Lucina is the only kid I've recruited, making most pairings irrelevant anyway.

Lynette x Kellam was pretty random, but with Lynette being +Def, the two have made quite the scary pair, being almost invincible and destroying pretty much everything. Sully x Virion was for the supports, of course, and worked quite well. Panne x Vaike was for the +Str that made Panne absolutely terrifying, and also the insane Spd she ended up with after I shuffled around their classes a bit to Griffon Rider and Berserker. By this point, Panne's honestly replaced Lynette as my scariest unit.

Considering this is the first game since Sacred Stones where I could use everyone, you can bet that I will indeed be using everyone! I already have everyone paired too:

Chrom x Seraphina (Avatar); Lucina gets Aether and Rally Spectrum, Morgan gets Royal Weapon and Gale force

Micah (Avatar) x Tiki; Morgan gets Rally Spectrum and Deliverer

Lon'qu x Lissa; Owain gets Swordfaire and Renewal

Frederick x Sumia; Cynthia gets Luna and Lancefaire

Stahl x Sully; Kjelle gets Defender and Aegis

Virion x Cherche; Gerome gets Hit Rate + 20 and Deliverer

Kellam x Miriel; Laurent gets Pavise and Tomefaire

Vaike x Cordelia; Severa gets Wrath and Galeforce

Ricken x Nowi; Nah gets Life Absorb and Deliverer

Gaius x Maribelle; Brady gets Pass and Support Boost +

Gregor x Panne; Yarne gets Sol and Lethality

Libra x Olivia; Inigo gets Renewal and Galeforce

Henry x Tharja; Noire gets Tome breaker and Vengeance

Lucina x Owain

Gerome x Cynthia

Brady x Kjelle

Inigo x Severa

Yarne x Nah

Laurent x Noire

My reasons are already listed in previous threads and I'm too lazy and overworked right now to put them up again, but basically I think that they're all awesome and I will never change them in any playthrough; it'd feel weird if I did.... :P

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot my inherited skills.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Okay, I have a question about skill inheriting. I haven't been able to equip anyone with any skills myself, so far I've only had units gain new skills by leveling up. And I'd like Lucina to get Aether, which Chrom does not have yet (though he's promoted). It wouldn't hurt for Inigo to have Rightful King either (seeing as I succeeded in getting Chrom with Olivia). I'm assuming Chrom learns these through level-up, but he's only a lv. 2 Great Lord now. Is it still possible for me to get a Lucina with Aether?

Okay, I have a question about skill inheriting. I haven't been able to equip anyone with any skills myself, so far I've only had units gain new skills by leveling up. And I'd like Lucina to get Aether, which Chrom does not have yet (though he's promoted). It wouldn't hurt for Inigo to have Rightful King either (seeing as I succeeded in getting Chrom with Olivia). I'm assuming Chrom learns these through level-up, but he's only a lv. 2 Great Lord now. Is it still possible for me to get a Lucina with Aether?

They'll both inherit those skills regardless if Chrom has them or not. It's one of those things where he will ALWAYS pass down Aether to daughters and Rightful King to sons even if he doesn't have the skills himself. That happened on my first file when I got Lucina before I ever promoted Chrom (reclassed him like three times first)

They'll both inherit those skills regardless if Chrom has them or not. It's one of those things where he will ALWAYS pass down Aether to daughters and Rightful King to sons even if he doesn't have the skills himself. That happened on my first file when I got Lucina before I ever promoted Chrom (reclassed him like three times first)

Oh. Well, that's kinda...funny. Chrom passing skills that he doesn't know himself. lol

Gaius x Nowi and lockpicking manakete ?

lol its pretty hilarious. Nah is all "imma dragon! Hey a chest! *pillages*" I didnt really train any thieves. Gaius sorta just palled around with Nowi.

I wish I had done Chrom x Olivia in my current play through. Inigo functions fine (I like making a crit machine out of him) , but Virion's hair looks off for him. The rest of my kids look nice though: Stahl!Nah, Vaike!Owain, Lon'qu!Gerome, Donnel!Kjelle, Chrom!Cynthia, Libra!Yarne, Ricken!Laurent, Freddy! Severa, and Kellam!Noire. Contemplating making a new file just for hair colours, but my kids are close to maxing out, so I'm not sure.

And yeah, mostly did the pairs based on looks.

Edited by Keilis

After Chapter 15 (and recruiting all children) :

Chrom-Sumia

Morgan-Gerome

Brady-Severa

Inigo-Noire

Yarne-Cynthia

Kjelle-Owain

Henry-Maribelle (Maribelle was just here for the last chapter 'cause you can't have 16 units before)

(All supports for each couple of children were really amazing and funny)

Edited by Tharne

Might as well post mine.

Sully / Vaike: Sully said she likes strong man, so I gave her one.

Lissa / Lon'qu: I though of multiple options for Lon'qu, but they didn't work out fine.

Miriel / Stahl: I regret this. Should've given her Kellam instead.

Sumia / Chrom: That's obvious.

Mariabelle / Ricken: That's obvious too.

Panne / Frederick: I tend to grant pairs where a character saves another or helps them overcome something. In this case, Fred's fear of wild animals.

Cordelia / Kellam: I regret this. Should've given her Stahl instead.

Nowi / Gaius: My OTP, after seeing all of Nowi's work to make her fits the image of Gaius's ideal woman. Bonus: Galeforce Nah that doesn't suffer from speed penalty.

Tharja / Donnel: Donnel has to marry either Tharja or Sully for passing the Dark Flier class, and Sully doesn't look like she wants to marry him.

Olivia / Henry: Another candidate for Lon'qu. Maybe I'll switch Lon'qu and Henry next time.

Cherche / Gregor: The only person I don't mine Gregor marrying. His "I'm right so let me verbally sexually harass you" attitude doesn't sit well with me, but I don't want to break Virion/Libra.

Virion / Libra: My other OTP. Virion is way into Libra even after realizing he's male.

Lucina / Gerome: Because I want Lucina to get married and I'm running out of options. Also, masks.

Kjelle / Morgan: Too bad her love (Severa) isn't that much into her. I want to see her with male Morgan, because at least he seems to be appreciative of her.

Cynthia / Inigo: Just... like them.

Severa / Brady: Can't think of any other option when Severa went so far to make a tent for their little two-person group.

Noire / Laurent: He's the complete opposite of being easygoing. Noire's other personality would serve him well.

Nah / Yarne: Torn between Morgan and Yarne. Yarne is the better suitor story-wise, but +17 Morgan is very tempting...

Robin / Owain: Look at the alternatives: Brady already has Severa, Owalt is good but I'm torn between +13 Morgan and +17 beast Morgan. Will probably go for Owalt this time, because Yarne feels better with Nah, and Owalt marrying speed Robin will make Morgan a +8 speed modifier. 64-speed Morgan will be unstoppable, at least in ordinary Lunatic. (And if I do have a next run, it'll be magical Owalt marrying magical Robin for magic+8 Morgan.)

EDIT - On second thought, maybe I'll go for Robin/Yarne this time, and pair Nah with Morgan instead. Noire will get Owain, and Kjelle and Laurent may very well stay single. Then NEXT time I'll go for my even more preferred pairings. This time I want to do the sidequests in reverse chapter number order.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I tried to pair up everyone for the children chars even if I didn't use them but my main pairs:

Chrom x Olivia - just seems like Inigo should have been Chroms son imo which inspired this

Avatar(M) x Cordelia - was love at first sight i guess. also Severa turned out wonderul

Morgan x Inigo - since Chrom and myself are tight, our kids fell in love yada yada

Gerome x Severa - my second daughter + a total bad ass = great things

for the most part the rest of my supports are all just at a/b and all the children were on the spot cause i kept changing who I've been using ;p

Chrom x Avatar - favorite characters, great extra scenes, some of the most hilarious supports + their first child is my favorite and OP with them (this pairing/family almost seemed canon to me)

Gaius x Panne - not much reason behind this, supports were pretty fun though

Cordelia x Lon'qu - favorite non-main characters, so paired them since they were conveniently opposite genders

Virion x Cherche - history together

These would be the pairs I took with into battle for story missions, and just the most often:

ChromxOlivia: I have this thing about canon-couples, so no Sumia for Chrom, though I'll do it eventually. I like their supports the most out of Chrom's non-avatar options and Lucina and Inigo turn out pretty good.

LissaxDonny: It started as away to get both xo and keep Donny but I liked the dynamic in their support, and since Villager girl lost out on Chrom, I thought might aswell make another Royalty/peasant pairing. Plus Owain with aptitude is insane

AvatarxTharja: I like bangs on a woman, and no thats not a euphemism. plus I have a few headcannony ideas for this too ficwise

SullyxVaike: red-haired female paladin and a brash axe-user? Reminds me of TitaniaxBoyd on of my favourite pairs from Tellius.

FrederickxCordelia

PannexGregor: I liked the farmer Gregory connections, and they're both awesome characters

NowixHenry

GaiusxSumia

LucinaxGerome: I liked the whole dichotomy of view points on how to deal with time travel

YarnexNoire: I liked the idea of the two of them working through their cowardice and issues together.

OwainxMorgan

InigoxSevera: Cordelia finally joins Chrom's family and opposites attract

CynthiaxBrady

KjellexLaurent

Edited by Thunderfox

Male MU x Cordelia--> because i dont like her being lonely and all and well guess like her for who she is heh

some these are same in bottom with MU female below

Female MU x Chrom---> funny support i had do it XD

Most time:

Vaike x Nomi --> they match perfectly and there support was actualy quiet charming sense Vaike want help his home town if he could live longer and nowi said shell do it for him and well for most see your self i guess.

Cynthia x Owain ----> because they both do what they do act like heros (expt owain he well acts like one them acters)

morgan x Kjelle --> same thing happens with female MU expt dont walk on each other.

lissa x Henry --> well like how henry helps her sleep and well youll see other detail if get it.

Gaius x Sumia--> i got no reason however i laugh my head off when i got there supports!

Olivia x Gregor--> dont know really

Noire x brandy--> past childhood thing make it well cute you can say

panne x kellam--> laugh my head off for ima kick your butt first support but well like how kellam helps her fit in with other people.

now i dont want put other so this all for me for this post.....

Avatar x Donnel - I liked Donny-boy when I first saw him, and Aptitude is an amazing skill. Besides, Bucket!Hero is best Hero~

Chrom x Olivia - I already had plans for all of his other mates, and I wanted to the excuse to sing "Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy~ but I have pink hair, so a baby maybe?" *shot into oblivion*

Lissa x Lon'qu - The spunky healer and the gynophobic Myrmidon seemed perfect for each other,

Sully x Stahl - Come on, who wouldn't want to pair up the Christmas Cavs? Besides that, I love how they make each other strive to be better.

Sumia x Frederick - The silly ditz with the hypercompetent butler knight sounded like a fun pair to do. And their supports were adorable~

Miriel x Kellam - I really enjoyed their supports together, and I would feel horrible if I didn't pair Kellam. ;-;

Mariabelle x Ricken - Rescue romance ahoy~ their supports were adorable too. :D

Panne x Gaius - They needed each others' help in their beginning chapter, and I loved their supports too much to pair them up with someone else

Cordelia x Vaike - The Vaike will get rid of Cordelia's Chrom obsession, 'cause the Vaike is amazing~

Nowi x Gregor - Their support was amazing. XD I'd probably pair them together all the time if I weren't going for all of the S supports.

Thaja x Henry - I wanted to make a crazy family, so I did. :D And silver-haired Noire is really pretty~

Cherche x Virion - The fact that they had a previous, albeit nonromantic relationship had me interested. And they do very well together~

Well, using in my team:

Avatar x Gaius - Because he became like my favorite character gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Lissa x Frederick - I like Knight x Princess relationship

Chrom x Sumia - Because I can't pair him with Cordelia

Cordelia x Stahl - See above :S , and they look good to me, now they can play the harp together

Sully x Viron - I... Just don't know

Ricken x Mariabelle - I liked their supports, she looks a bit harsh but she really wanted to help the boy with his family

Lon'qu x Olivia - Actually I don't know hehe, but I think that is cool

And I'm only in chapter 12, but I want to pair Henry with Cherche

These are my main character, but I'm trying in the skirmishes with Vaike x Panne... And I don't know if pair Donny with Nowi or Miriel ... And I want to pair Libra with someone but I don't know who Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

And with the kids... I don't know either, maybe Lucina with Gerome blink.gif

Might as well do mine.

First Playthrough:

Avatar (F) x Chrom: It's such an interesting couple. Plus, having Lucina and Morgan carrying the blood of both Naga and Grima is pretty awesome.

Frederick x Sumia: No particular reason, except that I was grinding marriages early and hadn't gotten Gaius or Henry yet.

Lissa x Vaike: Reminded me of Mist and Boyd, in a way.

Miriel x Kellam: Again, because I was grinding for marriages early. I'll admit that their supports were hilarious, though.

Sully x Lon'qu: Tough girl + guy afraid of girls = awesome.

Maribelle x Ricken: Joined in the same mission. Though Maribelle x Lissa will ALWAYS be my OTP.

Cordelia x Gaius: Don't really remember my reason for this one.

Panne x Gregor: Seemed the oldest in appearance of each gender. Also, I licked their supports.

Nowi x Donnel: This one was mostly so that Nah could inherit aptitude.

Tharja x Libra: The Dark/Light dynamic and the fact that they joined in the same mission.

Olivia x Stahl: Not sure why I did this one, either.

Cherche x Henry: They're both crazy. And the last marriageable characters of each gender.

Second Playthrough:

Avatar (F) x Basilio : Basilio has an eyepatch. No other reason needed.

Olivia x Chrom: Inigo looks like Chrom, and if I was Chrom I'd choose Olivia out of his potential love interests.

Gaius x Sumia: To make it so Chrom doesn't have to avoid her. Henry joins after Chrom's marriage, so I can't pair her with him in this playthrough if I want to make sure Chrom picks Olivia.

Sully x Frederick: No real reason.

Miriel x Virion: Felt bad about leaving Virion out last time, so I let him have the most attractive girl in the game (In my opinion).

Lissa x Lon'qu: Seems like Owain takes after Lon'qu in terms of class and (to a minor degree) appearance.

Maribelle x Henry: Interested to see how this plays out.

Panne x Donnel: I got their C and B supports in my last playthrough. I'm interested to see where the pairing leads.

Cordelia x Kellam: Easy for Kellam to hide from Severa.

Nowi x Ricken: Both are children, at least in terms of appearance.

Tharja x Gregor: Like Maribelle x Henry, I'm just interested to see how this turns out.

Cherche x Stahl: Stahl is probably my favorite of the remaining eligible bachelors.

Third Playthrough (I'm playing it at the same time as my second):

Avatar (M) x Miriel: DEM GLASSES <3.

Sully x Chrom: I like the childhood friend angle.

Henry x Sumia: The only remaining non-Chrom pairing for Sumia (except for Avatar, of course).

Lissa x Donnel: Aren't they supposed to be about the same age?

Maribelle x Libra: They are both healers, and there son would be another healer.

Panne x Frederick: Like with Gregor, they both seem older than the rest.

Cordelia x Gregor: I decided all of the other pairings, and didn't want to leave Gregor alone.

Nowi x Lon'qu: I just want to see how this one turns out.

Tharja x Vaike: I liked blonde Noire from my first playthrough

Olivia x Virion: While Inigo looks like Chrom, his personality is similar to Virion.

Cherche x Gaius: Cherche and Cordelia were the last girls I decided a pairing for, and I already paired Gaius with Cordelia.

Huh.

Okay, so I used:

Chrom X Sumia: Why? Because why not? As much as I would've liked to pair Henry X Sumia, my other pairs wouldn't have given me the choice to. Plus, her bonuses were nice.

Avatar X Cherche: Pairing these two up, especially as flyers, was a great idea. Just, a great idea.

Lon'qu X Panne: Just saying this right now, but their speed bonuses were INSANE. Great dodge-tanks, and they weren't any slouches in attack.

Cordelia X Gregor: Somehow, Gregor just would not die. I could put him into a giant mass of enemies, and he just survived. Probably because of his bulkiness, but still.

Tiki X Anna: I was definitely using Anna, and I needed a partner for her, so I got her Tiki. Worked out very nicely.

Morgan X Gerome: These two just worked great together. Since my Avatar's MASSIVE strength got passed down, these two could rip enemies to shreads.

Nowi X Gaius: These two worked nicely. Their bonuses were quite helpful to each other.

I also used some other characters on and off, but they were used VERY infrequently.

ChromxMU. Total accident. I was really into the cool friendship they had, and they had A supports by chapter 11. I did not consent to their marriage.

HenryxLissa. Honestly I did it to get Owain, but I think it worked well. Owain's like a mix of Lissa's kindness and humanity, and Henry's insanity.

TharjaxLon'qu. I got interested in the spell stuff she was gonna use, and figured I might as well go for the S.

MaribellexRicken. I thought they were pretty cute after he saved her in that one chapter. I was less interested by the time I got to S, but I wanted Brady.

Owain and Lucina. "Companions." It really sucks that they're always cousins, because this is one I could really get behind.

My main pairings of units I have been using:

ChromxMaribelle: I wanted to marry Sumia and I felt the other pairings wouldn't work so well so I had him paired up with Maribelle. Not bad just Maribelle is suffering on the magic stat a bit. She does give Chrom a much needed resistance boost though.

MUxSumia: Liked her so much that I gotta marry her. It worked out extremely well. The two of us have been throwing crits left and right like nobody's business.

SullyxStahl: Pretty good team together. They always seem to be able to follow up on each others attack so they tend to take out enemies quick.

LissaxVaike: Axe partners for life!! That's all XD

CordeliaxLon'qu: Wanted to use Cordelia and also wanted to use Lon'qu. Since they can be paired up with each other, I just went with it.

VirionxCherche: They are pretty cute together XD Their support makes them look like an old couple as they all know each others tricks and habits. With the boost of strength from Virion, Cherche dishes out some good damage.

Others pairings I have done:

MirielxRicken: For stat sakes, both magic users and pair bonuses seem to focus on magic and res than anything else. So it was more convenient this way. Also thought the teacher and student relationship would be pretty nice

• 2 years later...

My main pairings:

Chrom x Robin

I loved the idea of Lucina and Morgan as siblings, and for story purposes.

Cherche x Frederick

This felt fitting because both were servants and it just feels right.

Cordelia x Lon'qu

I find the idea of Lon'qu having the girliest daughter in the game funny.

Sumia x Gaius

Honey conversations were funny, and Sumia confessed first! Plus, Sumia makes sweets, Gaius eats sweets

Gregor x Miriel

A quirky, less knowledgeable merc with a super intelligent woman is hilarious. It makes me laugh at Gregor as Laurent's dad.

Maribelle x Ricken

Rescue.

Nowi x Donnel

They both act similar, and Galeforce Nah.

Olivia x Stahl

I love this, what can I say. Their conversations were cute too.

Tharja x Henry

Save Noire, Henry!!

I don't feel strongly about any other pairings.