So I was at my local Gamestop yesterday

Elinor Cross

Well, after my little brother and I went and saw a movie (Mama) we decided to walk around the mall for a little while and just browse what there was. We stopped by our local Gamestop (same one I got my pre-ordered copy of FE:Awakening) and I mentioned how funny it was to me how they didnt have the game in stock at the time.

The clerk there said they've been getting angry calls about it, actually, becouse they CAN'T keep it in stock. They havent even been able to give everyone their pre-orders yet becouse they simply havent been getting enough copies of the games and they honestly havent been able to sell any retail becouse they are so short stocked.

I was shocked and realized I was really lucky to get it on the 5th and then I realized why: Every time I called to ask about the game I was told it would be there on the 8th. Then, on the 5th, I decided for the hell of it to call (since I was going to the mall anyway) and by chance they got an early shipment.

They didnt get enough shipments on the 8th when EVERYONE started coming in for it.

I feel kinda bad for them but then that made me wonder how many here still havent been able to get their copies due to their game stores not being able to keep the stock up. Im happy I got my game, but it makes me feel bad that there are STILL people who have yet to get the game simply becouse their store hasnt been able to order enough games...

My heart goes out to all of you if you havent gotten it yet.

Oh i dig. My preorder copy i got on the 5th was actually defective. Something was really messed up with the cart, so i called my Gamestop and spoke to the bloke who gave me my preorder. He said to bring in the cart and see if it really is defective or if its a 3DS issue. (this was the same day i got it.) Turned out it was the cart. Gamestop had ONE left to exchange it with. One. They exchanged it anyway and yeah...one guy probably got short changed out of his preorder, but at least that guy isnt getting the defective cart.

On the flip side, Downloadable copies exist for those who didnt preorder.

It's funny. I got it on the fifth, too. Also, the fact that the guy said they flat-out CAN'T keep it in stock is a very good sign for the sales of the game.

And again, my respect to those of you who are staying sane while still having to wait for the game.

At least this means Fire Emblem is FINALLY becoming more popular, right?

I suppose so. Im pretty sure that Nintendo is very aware of the fact this game is flying off shelves and peeps just cant keep them in stock. Maybe they will realize that Fire Emblem is totally a thing across the pond and make more copies next time.

I suppose so. Im pretty sure that Nintendo is very aware of the fact this game is flying off shelves and peeps just cant keep them in stock. Maybe they will realize that Fire Emblem is totally a thing across the pond and make more copies next time.

I hope so. At the very least Im not getting completely blank stares whenever I bring it up at Gamestop (now people ACTUALLY know what Im talking about, even if they seem to have no idea about any of the games Pre-Awakening)

I got the literal last copy in the store I went to on release day.

The clerk found it buried somewhere :|

So you're the one who got my copy. Shoulda known.

There are some game stores in my area that haven't even gotten a first shipment in yet, and it's almost 2 weeks after the release date. I wonder if Europe is going to encounter the same problem.

Virion, i'm curious. What was wrong with your cart?

wanna know whats awesome? my local gamestop actually sold my preorder to someone else. they called me and everything, and i came it to pick it up only to find it was sold to someone else.

of course, i already had the bundle preordered and shipped to my house plus had a digital copy on my other 3ds but i still paid for that copy so was pissed it went to someone else. i let it pass because they had another another shipment coming the next day (a shipment of 1 lulz) but still, the employees there must have had a major case of derp to sell something that belongs to someone else.

I am so glad that I managed to get my copy of the game on the 5th after I got out of my Drawing II class. The fact that it appeared that they only had one copy left when I got there was nerve-wracking. Especially when I was told that the copies would be gone by the time I got there when I called earlier that day.

Haven't been up to the GameStop since then, but I can't imagine that they haven't gotten a lot of upset people who want the game since then...

Hooray Nintendo pushing digital copies, because that's the only possible excuse for this mess. If not for that and the fact that the game would take up the rest of my SD card, I probably would have given in and got it off the eShop by now. Thankfully, one of the local WalMarts here apparently has some in stock, so I should be able to get the game tomorrow, unless a bunch of people swoop in and grab them all >_>

Edited by RedJ

Virion, i'm curious. What was wrong with your cart?

Oh it wouldnt read properly. I would put the cart in and boot up the 3DS and the icon would show up with its fanfare like normal. But then a second later, it would flash off like there was no game in the slot. And the process would repeat. It did the same thing on the Gamestop in-store 3DS. I figured it was probably the cart because my OoT3DS cart didnt do that. No idea wtf was causing that other than just plain ol' defective cart. The Gamestop dude said that happens once in a blue moon with games, but its super rare. I may have gotten the only defective one out of the entire US shipment. XD

I was determined and got it on the 4th. Day 1. Gamestop was an obvious no no. So I called every place every that sells games on the 3rd and early morning 4th.

Luckily, A Target 15 miles from my house had like 2 in stock. Just 2. :o So I asked them to hold one and bam. Bought my copy.

Every Gamestop was saying at EARLIEST the 8th. some even said the friday of the next week. Bummer for those who couldnt get it. But if you look hard enough...theyre out there.

Yeah, the situation's rather unfortunate. I couldn't wait another minute so I downloaded it on the eShop AND got the bundle, but most people aren't NEARLY that fortunate, especially those who don't/didn't already have a 3DS. For all the people who still don't have it, please accept my sincerest condolences ;(

Sucks for you guys, I guess I'm lucky that I actually got my pre-order on January 28th. GameStop/EB Games even called me, saying that my pre-order was ready to be picked up, which struck me as really odd. I originally thought that it was just the art booklet that had arrived, but a bit of browsing on the internet proved me wrong. To my knowledge, only Canada had the early release.

Edited by Slyfox

That is true. I feel even worse for the people who ordered the bundle though. Due to backlogs and what not my gamestop wont see the bundle until the 18th at LEAST.

At least this means Fire Emblem is FINALLY becoming more popular, right?

I guess Nintendo decided to print more copies now that the series is becoming more popular hoping now that many customers got angry calls about it!

Also, the fact that the guy said they flat-out CAN'T keep it in stock is a very good sign for the sales of the game.

And again, my respect to those of you who are staying sane while still having to wait for the game.

I thought that Nintendo were worried about their sales, like Atlus for Persona is why that they haven't printed much copies of the game.

A topic I made here. I was worried about the sales of this game...

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37634&st=0

Because I was told there (Gamestop) that they weren't going to receive anymore copies and haven't seen any copies at Target. It could be that fact that Nintendo doesn't want to send anymore because of being worried of their sales. But if they are going to decide to make more copies, then we will ensure to empty the store of them right when they get sent as I know lots of people here that will ensure to pick up a copy alongside many others. =D

Persona was in the same predicament with Atlus. They never printed much copies of the game, but the series did sell well. Especially Persona 3/FES and 4. =)

Haven't been up to the GameStop since then, but I can't imagine that they haven't gotten a lot of upset people who want the game since then...

Great. =D

That puts me and Nintendo in relief of sales that Nintendo now HAS to make more copies of this game!

Hooray Nintendo pushing digital copies, because that's the only possible excuse for this mess. If not for that and the fact that the game would take up the rest of my SD card, I probably would have given in and got it off the eShop by now. Thankfully, one of the local WalMarts here apparently has some in stock, so I should be able to get the game tomorrow, unless a bunch of people swoop in and grab them all >_>

A sign that I would be thrilled to see.

I'll have to have a look at some other retailers next month which that is when I'm getting the game! =)

Nintendo's FB helped out alot.

Edited by Katarina

Slightly off-topic, but when I went into my GameStop the employees there had gotten to know me due to calling them asking what was going on with my bundle. When I got it the 8th, I asked if I could get the advert poster by the 3ds section whenever it came down. They didn't know at the moment, and said to check back in later.

Cue me walking in last night and noticing they had changed over to Luigi's Mansion where the FE poster was. I queried about the whereabouts of the FE poster; turns out they had just taken it down and were more than happy for me to salvage it from an inevitable trip to the dumpster that evening. Brought it home, gave it some slight doctoring to get rid of the blatant advertising, ends up looking like a legit piece of merch. (For free, no less!)