Dark Druid Rips

Klokinator

I asked some months back for a sprite rip of the Dark Druid, specifically for the orb that appears above his hand when he criticals/attacks, and I think I was told that it was hardcoded into the game.

However, with all the advanced hackers that are around, isn't there some way that animation can be ripped or screenshot ripped? I find it hard to believe that something inside FE7 that's graphics related can't be ripped. If anyone can help me with this I will mail them the best cookie they've ever eaten, ever.

I probably could but there would be a lot of background noise in the frames. Also I haven't romhacked in years or even played a rom so I don't remember if disabling layers is a thing or how I can get a unit type isolated.

you can disable layers in vba

i'm not 100% certain it'll work on that in particular since iirc you'll have to crop out nergal himself (they're both rendered on the sprite layer i think)

you could probably just rip them and reconstruct with GBAGE, i'd do it but i'm busy

Ctrl+the number for the layer you want to disable. Ctrl+P to pause, Ctrl+N to advance to the next frame.

Wow, that is extremely helpful to know :D Thanks jubbs!

I'm soooo busy right now though, but I'm definitely going to try and do it if possible.

Based on that animated GIF, it seems likely that there's a single sprite that is being programmatically scaled (a different amount in each direction, to create an ellipse) and rotated. I do recall Athos' spell animations involving something similar, and finding the relevant sprite actually in the OAM for the animation.

Edited by zahlman