Chrom's Pairing Priority

Bryan

I just was on chapter 11, and my Sumia was able to have a 'C' Support with Chrom. I didn't take the support and proceded to pair Chrom with Olivia for all of chapter 11. After finishing the chapter, Chrom was pared to... Olivia.

Obviously, Sumia had the max amount of points for a C support, as did Olivia. The Priority has to be Olivia -> Sumia, not Sumia -> Olivia.

In the GBA games (at least 7 for sure, though not 6), you could acrue all of your support points in one chapter, and then even if you simply 1-turned each following chapter you could still do one support per chapter. So yeah, I think it's likely you just overloaded on Olivia points, as the actual conversations likely aren't the real benchmark.

That said, I would love to know what the conversation point thresholds are.

In the GBA games (at least 7 for sure, though not 6), you could acrue all of your support points in one chapter, and then even if you simply 1-turned each following chapter you could still do one support per chapter. So yeah, I think it's likely you just overloaded on Olivia points, as the actual conversations likely aren't the real benchmark.

That said, I would love to know what the conversation point thresholds are.

For my Chrom and Sumia, they were near each other twice while he was fighting. (Hearts appeared twice.)

I thought this game didn't allow overloading? Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought much of it when he paired with Olivia.

You know, I successfully got Olivia married to Chrom as well, and Chrom was able to C support Sully (of course I didn't have them do that). I'm pretty sure I loaded points on Chrom and Olivia though, since I used a Seed of Trust and whatnot.

As much as I would love for Olivia to hold priority over Sumia, you probably had a few more points or so on her than Sumia.