Some questions about gameplay mechanics.

FlawedMortal

Thank You in advance to anyone who answers any of my questions.

PAIR/DOUBLE

1. If both units have a Dual+ skill when in a Pair, do the effects stack? ex. Like getting a 20% increase to Dual Guard?

2. If both units in a Pair have Galeforce, can each be triggered? ex. Character A kills Enemy X, skill triggered, Character A switches Paired position with Character B, Character B kills Enemy Y, skill triggered?

3. Do Rallies Stack or just use the highest bonus values among those equipped? ex. Does having Rally Spectrum and Rally Love, and then using the Rally Command, give a bonus of +6 and +1 move or +4 and +1 move?

4. If a Paired unit uses the Rally Command, and both units have different Rally skills equipped, are all of the skills triggered, or just the skills on the 'main' unit? ex. Character A has Rally Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Luck / Character B has Rally Spectrum, Love, Move, Def, Res. They're a paired unit, and they use the Rally command. Assuming Character A is in the 'main' position, what is the bonus that the nearby allies receive?

5. Does Veteran effect just the user, or both units in a Pair?

6. How useful is Defender? Deliverer?

SUPPORT

7. Is there a list that emulates the format of the Support selection menu? (The FE13 Support & Marriage page confuses me) ex. Every Character has a Category, with those they can have supports with listed, with the maximum support value they can have with those characters indicated? (Comprehensive screenshots of the menus work too.)

ex.

Chrom

-MAvatar [A] / [C][A]

-FAvatar / [C][A]

-Lissa [A] / [C][A]

...etc

I don't own the game or a 3DS yet, so I can't make it myself.

8. I've been watching a LP without commentary (I see FE as speaking for itself, and sometimes I disagree with the Commentary), and got to the end of Ch11. My question is: Is the dialogue different is Chrom already has an S support or not? I'm probably going to pair FAvatar and Chrom, and just want to know if I should play it twice (1. with an S Support, 2. with an A Support).

(Yes or No question, I don't want spoilers on how the dialogue changes if it does change, I'll play through those on my own, I just want to know if I'll be wasting my time by trying to get a different dialogue scene that doesn't exist.)

SPENDING GOLD

9. Can you forge a weapon more than once? ex. Forge a Steel Sword to +2 Mt, then come back later with more gold and reforge it to +5 Mt and +9 Crit?

10. Can you rename Weapons after you've Forged them?

11. Can you rename Legendary/DLC/Shout Out Weapons after Forging them? If you can forge them at all?

12. What Items are you able to purchase from other StreetPass teams? Items/Weapons they have equipped? Does this include forged weapons?

SKILLS

13. The Demon Fighter Skill, Quick Slash. The description says +10 Attack. What does that mean? +Hit/Crit/Damage? A combination?

14. The Bride Skill, Bonds. Does the skill heal the user/their partner in a double/pair?

15. The Limit Breaker Skill. How many can you obtain? Just one, or one for every time you beat the DLC?

16. Can a character use both Prescience and Patience at once? Or Indoor Fighter and Outdoor Fighter?

17. Which is more useful, Aether without Rightful King, or Lethality/Astra with Rightful King?

Misc.

18. Why are people saying that Chrom x Sumia is 'canon'? I have never played a FE game where I found any indication that any pairing was "true", each one I tried worked just as well as the others. Sometimes there were hints towards a specific pairing. They were never all that strong, and most weren't overtly romantic. Also, watching the LP with a M Avatar, some of that dialogue could be considered blatantly romantic if taken out of context. As it was, I thought some of it was borderline romantic IN context. Imagine if the Avatar had been female... Though that's just my take/opinion.

2. If both units in a Pair have Galeforce, can each be triggered? ex. Character A kills Enemy X, skill triggered, Character A switches Paired position with Character B, Character B kills Enemy Y, skill triggered?

Can confirm this, just did it last night :D

3. Do Rallies Stack or just use the highest bonus values among those equipped? ex. Does having Rally Spectrum and Rally Love, and then using the Rally Command, give a bonus of +6 and +1 move or +4 and +1 move?

Rally Spectrum doesn't increase Move but I believe that different Rally skills will stack (so Spectrum stacks with Strength but Strength won't stack with Strength)

9. Can you forge a weapon more than once? ex. Forge a Steel Sword to +2 Mt, then come back later with more gold and reforge it to +5 Mt and +9 Crit?

yes

12. What Items are you able to purchase from other StreetPass teams? Items/Weapons they have equipped? Does this include forged weapons?

There's just a set list of items you can buy from them, often it's not related to the team at all.

13. The Demon Fighter Skill, Quick Slash. The description says +10 Attack. What does that mean? +Hit/Crit/Damage? A combination?

it means +10 attack

16. Can a character use both Prescience and Patience at once? Or Indoor Fighter and Outdoor Fighter?

yes

17. Which is more useful, Aether without Rightful King, or Lethality/Astra with Rightful King?

subjective

18. Why are people saying that Chrom x Sumia is 'canon'? I have never played a FE game where I found any indication that any pairing was "true", each one I tried worked just as well as the others. Sometimes there were hints towards a specific pairing. They were never all that strong, and most weren't overtly romantic. Also, watching the LP with a M Avatar, some of that dialogue could be considered blatantly romantic if taken out of context. As it was, I thought some of it was borderline romantic IN context. Imagine if the Avatar had been female... Though that's just my take/opinion.

she's in the opening movie, she has her "moments" with Chrom in the main story (vs. Sully and maribelle whose feelings are only revealed via supports), is arguably the easiest to pair

4. If a Paired unit uses the Rally Command, and both units have different Rally skills equipped, are all of the skills triggered, or just the skills on the 'main' unit? ex. Character A has Rally Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Luck / Character B has Rally Spectrum, Love, Move, Def, Res. They're a paired unit, and they use the Rally command. Assuming Character A is in the 'main' position, what is the bonus that the nearby allies receive?

Only the main unit performs a rally AFAIK.

Only the user, I'm 99% sure.

Haven't tried deliverer yet but since you're pairing units like constantly anyway I imagine it's about as good as using Boots.

7. Is there a list that emulates the format of the Support selection menu? (The FE13 Support & Marriage page confuses me)

Hell, the Support selection menu confuses me sometimes because of how it presents parent and sibling supports.

8. I've been watching a LP without commentary (I see FE as speaking for itself, and sometimes I disagree with the Commentary), and got to the end of Ch11. My question is: Is the dialogue different is Chrom already has an S support or not?

I didn't notice any difference, but certain things are more meaningful just knowing that you're "married". (Also in the dialogue between chapters 10 and 11.) But then other things feel like they really ought to have been changed and weren't. AFAICT there are generally very few if any text changes in the game based on anything, aside from referring to Avatar by the appropriate gender pronouns and name (oh, and the effects of the plot questions - you've seen the first of... five I think?).

To clarify what Agro said, Attack is your damage stat (raw damage before weapon effectiveness, enemy def/res, etc. is factored in).

15. The Limit Breaker Skill. How many can you obtain? Just one, or one for every time you beat the DLC?

I would assume it's unlimited since that's the precedent set by everything else (you can grind and get unlimited special weapons, gold etc.).

Other than that, p much what Agro said, I didn't see anything wrong or inaccurate.

Yes.

The former. The same Rallies can't stack though (using 2 units with Rally Strength won't give you +8 Strength).

Just the main unit.

Just the unit.

Defender is meh. Deliverer is very useful.

7. Is there a list that emulates the format of the Support selection menu? (The FE13 Support & Marriage page confuses me) ex. Every Character has a Category, with those they can have supports with listed, with the maximum support value they can have with those characters indicated? (Comprehensive screenshots of the menus work too.)

No.

8. I've been watching a LP without commentary (I see FE as speaking for itself, and sometimes I disagree with the Commentary), and got to the end of Ch11. My question is: Is the dialogue different is Chrom already has an S support or not? I'm probably going to pair FAvatar and Chrom, and just want to know if I should play it twice (1. with an S Support, 2. with an A Support).

(Yes or No question, I don't want spoilers on how the dialogue changes if it does change, I'll play through those on my own, I just want to know if I'll be wasting my time by trying to get a different dialogue scene that doesn't exist.)

Yes.

Yes, apparently.

10. Can you rename Weapons after you've Forged them?

You should.

11. Can you rename Legendary/DLC/Shout Out Weapons after Forging them? If you can forge them at all?

You can forge and rename Shout Out weapons. Legendary Weapons cannot be forged.

Everything the team has in its inventory (not the convoy though), including forged weapons. The exceptions are Legendary Weapons.

+10 Damage.

14. The Bride Skill, Bonds. Does the skill heal the user/their partner in a double/pair?

Not sure.

One for every time you beat the DLC, so as many as you want.

Yes.

Lethality/Astra with Rightful King.

Because Sumia's version of a certain scene appears in the opening. She has a CGI with Chrom entitled "Lovebirds". And if Chrom has equal support points with all his suitors, Sumia gets the highest priority.

Granted, this doesn't 100% confirm canon, and nothing will unless IntSys outright says what's canon somehow.

Misc.

I agree that Chrom x Sumia is a bit stretching it in terms of Cannon since there are a good amount of people who like Chrom x Avatar. I personally wouldn't like to label Sumia as canon even if she is in the opening scene+the name of some cinematics. Moving things away from canon pairings is the right way to go since now you can make your own unit (I love this feature :D).

That said, there has been a fire emblem game where there is a true pairing. Although you probably haven't played it. Fire Emblem 6. The one with Roy in it. Roy's father is obviously Eliwood but his mom is generally thought of as either Ninian, Fiora, or Lyn. In terms of likelyhood. It is heavily suggested that Roy's mother is Ninian because of a few supports with I believe it was Roy's childhood friend where they mention some details about what Eliwood's wife liked. Those same details are in Ninian's supports in FE7.

I agree that Chrom x Sumia is a bit stretching it in terms of Cannon since there are a good amount of people who like Chrom x Avatar. I personally wouldn't like to label Sumia as canon even if she is in the opening scene+the name of some cinematics. Moving things away from canon pairings is the right way to go since now you can make your own unit (I love this feature :D).

That said, there has been a fire emblem game where there is a true pairing. Although you probably haven't played it. Fire Emblem 6. The one with Roy in it. Roy's father is obviously Eliwood but his mom is generally thought of as either Ninian, Fiora, or Lyn. In terms of likelyhood. It is heavily suggested that Roy's mother is Ninian because of a few supports with I believe it was Roy's childhood friend where they mention some details about what Eliwood's wife liked. Those same details are in Ninian's supports in FE7.

Nope, only ever played those that were released in North America.

When I take an interest in a Game, I tend to do a fair bit of research on Gameplay, Mechanics, and Story/Tone.

I haven't played FE6/Sealed Sword, but I know Roy, Lilina, the general direction the Story goes, but didn't go too much further than that, because it was never Localized, and I had the Prequel. If FE7 had been the sequel, I would have found translated transcripts somewhere, so I'm not missing the background story. It's the sequel so I have the background story, not the final story, I can live with that. I also like to play games in in-universe chronological order.

I've watched up to ch11 in awakening, and know several spoilers. Some of which are less shocking, as much as the twists being less than typical, and thus less than expected, but there were, minor, hints/clues that not everything was as stated.

Marth has a suspiciously feminine voice and slight build for a legendary hero-king of legend. But then again Libra has the same problem.

I don't find the spoilers I've found as too bad, because as opposed to linear storytelling media, this is interactive, I can change what is told. And I have a different style than that shown, so my playthrough is going to be inherently different on a mechanical level, as well as in the sub-stories told, as I'll partner units differently. I just need $160 or so so I can buy the damn FE 3DS Bundle! (The bundle is cheaper than buying separately...)

Also to respond to the response for 18. : You can tease or make fun of people by referring to a relationship that doesn't exist. The title might be a reference to how outsiders would see it.

Also, to my question about Aether vs Rightful King. (This is speculation, I only have what I've read, and observed in a LP) My conclusions from my speculation.

If I'm going for a Kill them before I'm injured mentality, it Looks like, Lethality, Astra, Rightful King, Limit Breaker, Quick Slash/Skill +2 may be a good set. ~50 is Skill when capped, /4 = ~12/13% +10 = 22/23% Every attack. Then add a Brave Weapon (+3 Mt & +15 Crit, to make the most of Astra giving 5 chances to crit for 1.5x damage per attack). 4 Chances at Triggering an Insta-kill, at between, statistically, 1 in 4 attacks, and 1 in 5 attacks. And then ~25/26% +10 = 35/36% for Astra, which is more than 1 in 3. And with a Skill of ~50 and 15 Crit on the weapon, I anticipate at least one Critical Hit, per Battle. Or I could try a killing weapon with +3 Mt, +15 Crit, and probably near Guarantee at least one Critical Hit every Fight.

But if I had a Self-Sufficiency Mentality, Aether, Sol, Renewal, Miracle, Lifetaker/Limit Breaker. 2 Heal for Half Damage when triggered, one gives you 30% health every turn, and with Limit Breaker, Miracle gives you around 50% of surviving a Lethal Hit.

I also understand that I may be completely wrong.

Maybe I should do what my old Geometry Teacher did when he needed spending money as a child. Make a collection bag/box "MMF_" and go doo to door asking for donations. His charity was MMFD or "More Money For Doug", this would be MMFN, "More Money For Nintendo". lol. Until then though I'm going to be figuring out the Game Mechanics, and setting Playthrough Goals, like Avatar re-classes to thief after Ch 8. (I foresee Locktouch being useful.) Or Lissa will have "Galeforce" set for inheritance. Or Stat Priority for Forging, Avatar gets +Mt, then +Crit, Lon'qu gets +Crit, then +Mt, Vaike gets +Hit, then +Mt, and maybe +Crit after that. Or setting a Standard for Weapons to have Uniformly Equipped every few Chapters, Like +1 Forged E Weapons by Ch6, +1 Forged D Weapons by Ch8, +2 Forged D Weapons by the beginning of Ch11... I can also look up the various tricks enemies will employ during specific missions, so I don't over extend myself finishing the last enemy stronghold, ready to push forward and route the remnants, only to be broken by fresh reinforcements... Or special conditions that need to be fulfilled, like Donny getting 100 Exp during the mission/battle or he doesn't join you... I overthink and overplan everything, I don't think I'll use half of what I actually plan, but the homework I did to make the plan will be useful, and it's the next best thing to actually having the Game. (I did the same for SWtOR, funny thing was, I played a bit with WoW's Free Trial/Starter Pack, and I enjoyed watching a SWtOR LP *without commentary* more than actually playing WoW.)(The important bit about the *no commentary* was that I was only looking at Gameplay, there was no Humorous, or Insightful narrator to draw me in, or hook me.)

1. No

****, but then again, that frees up one skill slot for something else.

Clarifying 3.

If the unit using Rally had Rally Spectrum (+4 all), Rally Love (+2 all, +1 move), and Rally Luck (+8 luck), do those effects stack, or simply draw from the highest bonus between all of them? Also I don't understand Rally Strength not Stacking with itself, the character using rally only has one Rally Strength skill, right? Unless the Rally uses both Characters, which seems to not be the case... Unless two separate units use Rally, which wasn't quite what I was asking, but I read that Rally effects all ALLIES within 3 squares, which means the user doesn't benefit, but if another unit uses Rally, they would gain that bonus, and everyone else would only receive additional bonuses if the second unit had different Rally Skills, and only the benefits from those different rally skills. Which is probably smart because otherwise it'd probably be Game Breaking.

As an additional question, how useful is Rally? Is it less useful if you grind to where any character would be viable for any given main story battle, or if you could leave a unit behind and still have a viable chance at getting through the mission without casualties? And if it is useful, how many Skill Slots is it worth? 1 on a single character? 1 on a couple of characters? 2-3 on 1 character? 2-3 on as many characters? all 5 on a single character? 10 across several characters to cover all of them?

Yes, they stack. The target unit will have +14 Luck, +6 to other stats, and +1 Move.

However, if a third unit also uses Rally Spectrum, it will not go up to +18 Luck and +10 in other stats. Basically, that you can't get multiple Rally Spectrums on one unit.

As for usefulness, it really depends. Rally Spectrum is overall the best skill in the game by a fair margin, able to offer huge bonuses to your whole team. Rally Speed and Rally Love are damn near as good. On the other hand, you're never going to find Rally Luck useful.