LTC rules

Chiki

It's fine to give minimums for chapters. I'll use them as guidelines though it seems unrealistic for playthroughs without grinding.

Is there something at the game credits where it says your total number of turns? If so what does it include? Does it include grinding?

It's fine to give minimums for chapters. I'll use them as guidelines though it seems unrealistic for playthroughs without grinding.

Is there something at the game credits where it says your total number of turns? If so what does it include? Does it include grinding?

Yeah, there is a turncount roll at the end. It includes each chapter Turncount including paralogues you've done and the mvp for each chapter.

What I prefer to do is just get the lowest turn count that the game can see (excluding cheating of course) so I might allow skirmishes and DLC and even Spotpass. What do you guys think?

Edited by Olwen

Then there's absolutely no point: runs just become grinding or selling an Ultimate Emblem or whatever to either raise a team of maxed-out characters or buy them from other files and just obliterate everything without a second thought.

It'd be interesting seeing the absolute minimum registered turncount that way, but aside from brief exploration to find that, there'd be nothing to discuss.

Upon further thought, you wont even be able to get the best rescuer in this run, which is Anna. So there goes the theoryemblem TC >_>. Doing her paralogue would cost turns.

EDIT: A recruit everyone LTC run (except the kids because theres no way ur getting them all) would be really interesting imo, maybe try that. Or Lunatic LTC, but theres another user doing that already

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

Wouldn't you have to take into account the randomness of the Merchants selling stuff that you wouldn't reasonably be able to get until later in the game? If I remember right, some of them are even selling stat boosters and Master/Second Seals very early if you get lucky.

Unless you plan on just ignoring them altogether, but it seems a bit counterproductive.

Just because someone else is doing the same kind of LTC doesn't mean I won't do it.

I think recruiting Anna only takes a couple turns.

Completing the whole chapter isn't that fast.

Considering that you could feasibly just let time pass to move the merchants until you get what you want, it seems reasonable to make use of them.

And therefore extend any LTC run for obscene amounts of real-time just to wait for them to show up? No.

Then there's absolutely no point: runs just become grinding or selling an Ultimate Emblem or whatever to either raise a team of maxed-out characters or buy them from other files and just obliterate everything without a second thought.

It'd be interesting seeing the absolute minimum registered turncount that way, but aside from brief exploration to find that, there'd be nothing to discuss.

DLC characters can be transferred. As their chapters are eternally in your gamepack once downloaded. But spotpass/characters from other files can be transferred? Spotpass characters can only be in one game.

Edited by Katarina

DLC characters can be transferred. As their chapters are eternally in your gamepack once downloaded. But spotpass/characters from other files can be transferred? Spotpass characters can only be in one game.

I'm talking about the Avatar Compendium or whatever it's called. You can register Avatars and any past-game units there, saving them as they are to hire them onto other files while preserving stat gains. If you're willing to pay obnoxiously high prices, you can get a whole team of maxed-out units this way, and prices aren't an issue if you have the Ultimate Emblem or the ability to replay Golden Gaffe at no cost.

Edited by Othin