so I just logged into facebook...

FalconVegeta1986

And a friend of mine just literally posted this about 15 minutes ago.

"Selling a PS3 Slim 160GB with 7 games a paddle and cords for $200

Mortal Kombat

Heavy Rain

Killzone 3

MAG

Rachet & Clank 4

God Of War 3

Little Big Planet 2"

And so I figured i'd post it here to ask you guys if this is worth it. IDK much about GB when it comes to game systems, but I use them for their original purpose, playing video games. I did do a quick check on ebay, and it seems like this would be a great deal considering some people are trying to sell the system alone for $200, but I figured i'd ask regardless. So basically, should I drop $200 on this thursday or not?

EDIT: ok, IDK what happened to my post, but you should still be able to read that, right?

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

Looks like a steal to me. Those are some good games which would normally sell for at least $20-$30 each second-hand. So those plus the console for $200, yeah...

160 GB is the size of its hard disk, in other words, storage. 160 GB is more than enough for the likes of a game console.

If you're interested in getting yourself a PS3 and have the cash, this looks like your chance.

Mortal Kombat

Heavy Rain

Killzone 3

MAG

Rachet & Clank 4

God Of War 3

Little Big Planet 2

Using retail "used" prices

Mortal Kombat - Can't price, don't know which one it is?

Killzone 3 - $20

MAG - Not worth anything.

Ratchet & Clank (I assume it's Tools of Destruction?) - $15

God of War 3 - $20

LBP2 - $20

The PS3 itself is at around $250 new right now, that price won't change used since you would likely have to buy a controller separately and it'll come out to around the same total. So you're looking at around $325 + whatever that MK game is worth in value.

You're saving around $125 on that deal, it's not too bad. The main issue is you can't really know what condition the system is in until it's in your hands, so that's a risk you'll have to decide to take :P.

OK, thanks for the feedback. everyone i've talked to today has told me to jump on the deal, even the guys at work who are only into xbox said go for it. But now the guy is saying his cousin will buy it for $250, and wants to know if I still want it at that price, so as messed up as that is, would that still be a reasonable price?

Even if you're not interested in any of the games, as long as nothing is wrong with the console, it's not banned from the PlayStation Network, and you're interested in some PS3 games and expect you'll break down and want to get one at some point in the future anyways, then this looks like a good deal. You can pawn off whatever you don't want to play (not saying you shouldn't want to play what your friend's offering) and buy Demon's Souls and some of the other fantastic titles available. This late in the generation is an excellent time to pick up a lot of great games cheaply, new or used. The 160GB PS3 is a slim model, and those would be the safest bet when buying used which is in your favor too. I've twice had to replace the lens in my Dad's immaculately kept 80GB manly buff style backwards compatible PS3. 8[

So, the crux: are there some PS3 games you'd like to play?

Edit: Too late.

No reason for his cousin to offer a higher price unless there were already a conflict of interest your friend's trying to cash in on or your friend's trying to get as much as he can for it. You can still get a 250GB PS3 with Uncharted 3 for $269.99 at Best Buy (in the United States). Depends on whether you want the games he's offering. You can get a refurbished 160GB with the controller and the cords it comes with for $229.99 at GameStop.

Edited by Wist

He's pulling your strings to get more cash. He will sell it to his cousin for $200 unless you agree to pay $250. If his cousin said "I'll give you $250 for it," it would already be gone to his cousin and he wouldn't be offering it to you for the same price. Try bargaining him down to say $220 and watch him hesitate.

However it's still a good price for all that content... It's your call. Your money.

Edited by Raven