Smash Brethren?

gloomtail93

Well, the Smash Bros. series doesn't particularly even try to hide major spoilers. A big example would be Lucas's Trophy Description, which spoils big plot points of Mother 3.

Not to mention his stage, New Pork City has quite a few spoilerish things in it

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most practical way to put Lucina in the game, I'd imagine, is the Masked Marth outfit on as an alternate costume for Marth.

They could also pull a Toon Link and have her as a slightly different character from the regular Marth (Or vice versa) that you have to jump through hoops to get.

I think it's a hint for their next game. Smash Emblem.

It's a fighting game featuring every single Fire Emblem character ever. /sarcasm

You joke but I can see that playing like Persona Arena. It'd probably do well enough. I'd buy it.

As for Super Smash Fisticuffs, I expect Chrom swapping in for Ike. Samey moveset. Lucina as an alt costume for Marth. And a new stage. I'd like to see Ana actually as a FE rep. I know it won't happen but she's been in as many games as I can remember and with reclassing would be funny to see her using the whole arsenal. Bow, teleport staff, daggers etc.

Edited by HHS

Personally I hope they pull a Zelda/Sheik with Marth/Lucina in SSB4.

But yeah think its just a fun play-on-words shout-out and nothing to get too excited about

Oh my goodness, that would be amazing!! But, it probably wouldn't work like Zelda/Sheik, because Lucina's fighting style doesn't change when she tucks her hair away and wears her mask :) . I think it would be cute if her Marth guise were one of her outfit choices, however.

edit: Is this cover tentative? Because if it's not, then Ike is definitely not being replaced by any other FE character.

Edited by Lauren

edit: Is this cover tentative? Because if it's not, then Ike is definitely not being replaced by any other FE character.

As the fact that Wii U covers do not look like that implies, that cover is fan-made and has no relationship to Sakurai or anyone responsible for Smash Bros., and neither does the name on it.

For what it's worth, Roy is probably the Lord I want in the game least. His dad could do anything he could but is a more important character, it'd be more sensible to pick Chrom or Lucy from the most recent game, and then we could go into all of the characters that could have unique movesets by virtue of not always using swords. (e.g. Micaiah, BladeLord!Lyn, Ephraim, Bride!Eirika, DemonFighter!Alm, Hector, Sigurd, KnightLord!Sigurd'sSon, etc.)

Edited by Iridium

As the fact that Wii U covers do not look like that implies, that cover is fan-made and has no relationship to Sakurai or anyone responsible for Smash Bros., and neither does the name on it.

For what it's worth, Roy is probably the Lord I want in the game least. His dad could do anything he could but is a more important character, it'd be more sensible to pick Chrom or Lucy from the most recent game, and then we could go into all of the characters that could have unique movesets by virtue of not always using swords. (e.g. Micaiah, BladeLord!Lyn, Ephraim, Bride!Eirika, DemonFighter!Alm, Hector, Sigurd, KnightLord!Sigurd'sSon, etc.)

Kind of a mouthful, but thanks for the info! Just found out it's fan-made.

I demand Avatar as a playable character!

But more realistic, due to FE:A's success I see Chrom or Lucina ending up in a new smash bros. If they decided to add bosses again they could always use

Grima

you thought Ridley had size problems, Grima is infinity times worse (EAT UP THE WHOLE MAP)

You joke but I can see that playing like Persona Arena. It'd probably do well enough. I'd buy it.

As for Super Smash Fisticuffs, I expect Chrom swapping in for Ike. Samey moveset. Lucina as an alt costume for Marth. And a new stage. I'd like to see Ana actually as a FE rep. I know it won't happen but she's been in as many games as I can remember and with reclassing would be funny to see her using the whole arsenal. Bow, teleport staff, daggers etc.

I could see that but Chrom dose not fight anything like Ike dose so they can't and I DEMAND THAT THEY PUT my little girl in. PS you spelled Anna wrong

I think it's a hint for their next game. Smash Emblem.

It's a fighting game featuring every single Fire Emblem character ever. /sarcasm

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Wait, sarcasm.

19.jpg

Edited by kdports

They could probably make a decent boss battle out of it if they model the stage after the endgame map. I think it'd look cool.

oh wow, i totally misread the original post i quoted

i thought it said make Grima as a character Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by shadykid

They could probably make a decent boss battle out of it if they model the stage after the endgame map. I think it'd look cool.

And they would have Grima's head attacking you as a stage effect. I think were onto something here. /sarcasm

Edited by Cero

You do realize that Ike is a default character, which have never been removed, and Roy was added to Melee for COMPLETELY different reasons than Ike replaced him in Brawl, right? I'm honestly sick of people saying that Ike's going to be cut just because Roy was. Just because Sakurai cut ONE FE character does not mean they're going to cut another one.

If anything, Ike will remain the default FE choice and Marth and Chrom will be in as unlockable characters.

However, I do agree that the title "Smash Brethren" is just a reference to Smash Bros. and nothing more.

I'd say Ike will be replaced with Chrom and keep pretty much the same moves. Marth will always be in as he is the original and pretty much the face of fire emblem and the other should just be the most up to date Lord in the series. It wouldn't make much sense to have both Ike and Chrom. They'd be almost the same character. Plus if they keep adding on a new character for every FE game that comes out, half the roster will be FE lords.

Also Lucina would be an awesome Marth alt costume

Edited by Sw3Et

I could see that but Chrom dose not fight anything like Ike dose so they can't and I DEMAND THAT THEY PUT my little girl in. PS you spelled Anna wrong

Ike is also not a slow/low movement power hitter. His speed and skill are generally his best stats. Sakurai didn't care. He'll probably just reskin out of laziness. It's not the first time he's done it.

The typo is from my work keyboard which isn't super responsive. But thanks for pointing it out?

I had to go back and add the n to "didn't" because it didn't register the first time

Ike is also not a slow/low movement power hitter. His speed and skill are generally his best stats. Sakurai didn't care. He'll probably just reskin out of laziness. It's not the first time he's done it.

The typo is from my work keyboard which isn't super responsive. But thanks for pointing it out?

I had to go back and add the n to "didn't" because it didn't register the first time

Actually, I've used Ike multiple times in brawl, and that's the opposite.

Ex. Fox and Sonic are WAAAY faster than Ike. Ike is great at power and not at speed, from playing him in brawl (And I've played him in brawl about 3,000 times)

Actually, I've used Ike multiple times in brawl, and that's the opposite.

Ex. Fox and Sonic are WAAAY faster than Ike. Ike is great at power and not at speed, from playing him in brawl (And I've played him in brawl about 3,000 times)

He's talking about the game Ike hails from originally, which was Path of Radiance. In that game, those were Ike's two best stats. He was strong, yes, but he was also seriously quick. Like, my Ike maxed speed. A lot.