General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with Lucina? She's cute and has one hell of a voice actor.

I find her massively overrated (even more than Chrom now, actually)? I really don't see what's appealing about her at all. I find her bland, boring, I don't even like her design much, and I don't like her voice either. But I guess the voice DOES fit her bland personality. I also don't think she's cute or pretty.

Yes, I've seen some of her supports, including her sibling one and mother one. Lucina still never appealed to me. The mother one made me giggle a bit, but I was laughing more at Olivia than Lucina.

Also, she just plain annoys me sometimes. Take her non-mother support with Robin and non-sibling support with male Morgan, for example. Lucina says to Morgan that she's surprised that their parents didn't get together, but when she talks to female Robin when she isn't her mother, she blows up on her and accuses her of trying to make Chrom cheat. Just...what?

How about you stop complaining and post something else. Don't you think that people who like Lucina might actually be happy to see art of her? Or would you be happy if someone complained almost every time about Ike or Frederick fanart? (And yes, this is a hyperbole, no need to split hairs over the less important part of the sentence)

Also, nobody forces you to look at the Lucina art. You can always just skip it.

I find her massively overrated (even more than Chrom now, actually)? I really don't see what's appealing about her at all. I find her bland, boring, I don't even like her design much, and I don't like her voice either. But I guess the voice DOES fit her bland personality. I also don't think she's cute or pretty.

Then it's a good thing this isn't a "post characters and art that Ana likes" thread. Relax.

Edited by L95

I'm not looking at it, but I WOULD like stuff that I WOULD look at. That's why someone goes to this thread, isn't it? But I don't want every other piece of art shown to be of the same character, whether I like them or not. If someone complained about Ike or Frederick if they were posted constantly, I would understand where they're coming from despite that I like these characters. That's why I've been trying to vary what I post too, so it's not only Ike or only Frederick or only both or whatever.

Also, Roy asked me what's wrong with Lucina, I answered him. Simple as that.

Then it's a good thing this isn't a "post characters and art that Ana likes" thread. Relax.

Who said it should be? I'm perfectly capable of liking art that isn't of my favorite characters. I've even liked pieces that did involve Lucina.

Edited by Anacybele

I know, I'm getting sick of Lucina everywhere.

People like her and she's popular. It's not surprising she's getting a lot of fanart. I'm honestly tired of you coming here to complain every other time someone posts Lucina art because it ruins the mood for those who are enjoying the artwork. Be considerate.

I feel like [anyone] should be allowed to post "Golly gee, I feel like there's a shit ton of artwork for {Character}...I sure am getting tired of it". Ana's not insulting anyone for their opinions on Lucina, and she clearly posted a short disdain for the character and nothing more.

I think Aquakat's response was eloquently built, and Roy's response was requesting justification. Ashtar's response was borderline toxic Are you genuinely upset that Ana said she doesn't like Lucina art? and L95 I think was supporting Ana's PoV.

I feel like [anyone] should be allowed to post "Golly gee, I feel like there's a shit ton of artwork for {Character}...I sure am getting tired of it". Ana's not insulting anyone for their opinions on Lucina, and she clearly posted a short disdain for the character and nothing more.

I think Aquakat's response was eloquently built, and Roy's response was requesting justification. Ashtar's response was borderline toxic Are you genuinely upset that Ana said she doesn't like Lucina art? and L95 I think was supporting Ana's PoV.

The problem isn't Ana's POV and opinion on the matter. It's the fact that she's so vocal and constant about it that creates a bad atmosphere in the thread. Yes, she's entitled to voice her opinion on other people's posts (i.e. the posts with Lucina fanart), but that means people can also voice their opinions on Ana's posts (i.e. the one where she complains about the Lucina fanart).

The other problem is that it creates a barrier on what people want to post. I have plenty of art (some of which includes Lucina) I want to show on this thread but I feel I can't show it because posting it soon after Ana's complain might come out as I'm spiting her while doing so. I understand people not liking certain characters, but I'm feeling that I'm walking on eggshells before deciding what to post in this thread and that should not be.

Fine, I won't say anything more about the insane amount of Lucina art. I'll just stay out of it (for the time being, anyway).

Doesn't mean I won't stop coming to this thread though, as I still like good fanart, especially of characters I like.

Besides, Jave, I would only have a problem if ALL the art you're showing is of Lucina or some other character. If only some of it is her/other character, well, what's there to complain about? You're showing non-Lucina/other character stuff too.

Edited by Anacybele