General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAAAW! ^^

I REALLY don't think Frederick would believe that his duties should keep him from finding love, but this is so cute! The artist should've drawn an older Avatar though, using the child here is just...really weird.

Edited by Anacybele

DAAAW! ^^

I REALLY don't think Frederick would believe that his duties should keep him from finding love, but this is so cute! The artist should've drawn an older Avatar though, using the child here is just...really weird.

HMMMM

Ever considered they drew the young avatar because maybe that's the avatar they used in-game? A lot of people do that. Myself included. And you included. I would just enjoy it, and I assumed you'd be loving it up since it was your favorite pairing; FAvatar x Frederick.

anacybele, queen of nitpicking

Edited by Truest of Blades

HMMMM

Ever considered they drawed the young avatar because maybe that's the avatar they used in-game? A lot of people do that. Myself included. And you included. I would just enjoy it, and I assumed you'd be loving it up since it was your favorite pairing; FAvatar x Frederick.

anacybele, queen of nitpicking

Yeah, that's true. And I do really like it. I just said it was really cute. I would have just liked it even more if the artist used an older Avatar. I'm aware that they might have used the child one. I mean no harm, really.

And so what if I like to give a little critique? I don't complain that people do it to my art. Even if I don't like what I hear on occasion.

Edited by Anacybele

And so what if I like to give a little critique? I don't complain that people do it to my art. Even if I don't like what I hear on occasion.

I could be a jerk quote your posts in this thread, but you should really look over your "critique" and try and get implications.

Because I saw the "younger avatar" comment coming from a mile away.

No offense or anything, but you do sometimes freak out somewhat when peopled don't critique your art in a manner you want them to. I mean, your art thread ;/ Besides, saying that the artist should've used an older avatar isn't really ... critique, you know? It's not saying anything the author needs to work on or do better, just saying "the artist should've used an older avatar because I don't like the younger one".

It's not saying anything the author needs to work on or do better, just saying "the artist should've used an older avatar because I don't like the younger one".

Okay, stop right there. I never said I didn't like the child Avatar. I said I don't like the idea of pairing a child with a man who looks to be at least 25-26. All I meant to imply was that I would have liked it better if the artist had used an older Avatar, that is all. I probably used some bad wording, I'll admit to that. I really need to stop doing that too... But still, you people are making a big deal out of nothing.

Why am I constantly targeted anyway? It only causes trouble, as you've probably seen like a hundred times. So leave. Me. Be.

because it's funny

Er, uh

I mean

Ah, whatever. It dun matter- NUNNA THIS MATTERS

Anyway, the reason you're constantly the target is because of your wording. You said yourself that was not your forte; maybe you could work on that.

Edited by Truest of Blades

Okay, stop right there. I never said I didn't like the child Avatar. I said I don't like the idea of pairing a child with a man who looks to be at least 25-26. All I meant to imply was that I would have liked it better if the artist had used an older Avatar, that is all. I probably used some bad wording, I'll admit to that. I really need to stop doing that too... But still, you people are making a big deal out of nothing.

Why am I constantly targeted anyway? It only causes trouble, as you've probably seen like a hundred times. So leave. Me. Be.

What I said doesn't mean you don't like the child one, but that you don't like the idea of using the child avatar to romance Frederick. Sorry if the implications weren't clear, but I didn't mean to say you didn't like the child avatar in general but for the purposes of this pic.

In your case, why I believe you're being "constantly targeted" is because again, your choice in words is poor at times that comes off in a way that's offensive, or you expect everything that's posted to pander to what you want to see, and because you sometimes contradict yourself at times or don't own up to your mistakes, in a light that doesn't make you look good. I'd love to leave you alone, but when you make posts on a public Internet forum, you are opening yourself up to people responding to your posts in a manner you may not always like. Literally the only way to get people to just leave you alone is to not post, which isn't really a solution, so just try to consider just WHY people are calling you out, what you're doing is so different than other people who are not being called out, instead of being defensive.

Let's see... post art, get a comment, argument happens...

That said, Ana? 'should have used an older avatar' isn't a real critique. ...As for everything else, they are critiquing you and your posting, just as they would a piece of art or literature. Every person is a beautiful work of art made by the world, and you're being critiqued. If you're truly open to it as you claim... then perhaps you need to think a little more before typing.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41630199 <- fem!Avatar and Henry.

What I said doesn't mean you don't like the child one, but that you don't like the idea of using the child avatar to romance Frederick. Sorry if the implications weren't clear, but I didn't mean to say you didn't like the child avatar in general but for the purposes of this pic.

In your case, why I believe you're being "constantly targeted" is because again, your choice in words is poor at times that comes off in a way that's offensive, or you expect everything that's posted to pander to what you want to see, and because you sometimes contradict yourself at times or don't own up to your mistakes, in a light that doesn't make you look good. I'd love to leave you alone, but when you make posts on a public Internet forum, you are opening yourself up to people responding to your posts in a manner you may not always like. Literally the only way to get people to just leave you alone is to not post, which isn't really a solution, so just try to consider just WHY people are calling you out, what you're doing is so different than other people who are not being called out, instead of being defensive.

Then if you have a problem with something I've said, PM ME. I'm sick of threads I go to getting derailed all the time because of people who like to pick on me. It's making me look like the bad guy when clearly, I don't intend to start any trouble at all. So next time someone wishes to "call me out," keep it out of the thread.

And I don't own up to my mistakes? I just said I probably used poor wording. How is that not admitting to a mistake?

Then if you have a problem with something I've said, PM ME. I'm sick of threads I go to getting derailed all the time because of people who like to pick on me. It's making me look like the bad guy when clearly, I don't intend to start any trouble at all. So next time someone wishes to "call me out," keep it out of the thread.

And I don't own up to my mistakes? I just said I probably used poor wording. How is that not admitting to a mistake?

I don't mean just now, though. There have been times when you've used poor choice of wording and when someone called you out for it, you said that they're taking it wrong, that they're being mean to you, and that if people are taking you the wrong way then they're being too sensitive. I do agree that you have gotten better about admitting fault at times, but there are other times when you're too defensive to realize that someone took offense.

Also, I think part of the reason may be that some people feel they've pointed out things you're doing that are bothering them, but the next time a similar issue comes up you repeat said actions that people have called out, which can feel like you're not really learning from previous incidents and lead to another repeat of incidents like this.

I'm just wondering... is that avatar really younger, or just tinier? In my experience (and I know in Boron's too) there's certainly a huge difference and they often get confused

Anywaaaaay I think the piece is silly, and cute too~

I do recall stumbling across an FE image in pixiv once, so I guess I can share that! I usually have nothing to contribute here at all ;u;

I'm just wondering... is that avatar really younger, or just tinier? In my experience (and I know in Boron's too) there's certainly a huge difference and they often get confused

Anywaaaaay I think the piece is silly, and cute too~

I do recall stumbling across an FE image in pixiv once, so I guess I can share that! I usually have nothing to contribute here at all ;u;

The ribbons used in the hair style I THINK imply the youngest build. Also, cute pic.

The localization and removal of the Atashi 2 and Boku 2 voice hints "they reject" younger in the United States.

In Japan, however... those voice clips make it obvious that they're younger.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh that's really cute! ^^

For some reason, Ike always looks adorable in chibi form. XD

But isn't that bg Castle Siege, which is in Brawl, which Roy is absent from?

Edited by Anacybele

If it is, that could be why Roy is more in the background.

Yeah, I feel like the artist just didn't care~