The Morgan Dilemma (Spoilers!)

Trinity

(Note: This is not, repeat NOT, me bashing the ChromxFeMU pairing. In fact, it's my personal OTP… But, back on topic, I'm not looking to start a shipping war here, just pointing out something I noticed. Also, I don't know if anyone posted something about this yet... Sooo...)

Ok, so Chrom and FeMU are married. You come across (male) Morgan in one of the paralogues and he is recruited. It is noted in his information that his parents are FeMU and Chrom, meaning that, in the parallel timeline where MU's evil self, Grima, comes from, they were married then as well.

Now, this is all fine and dandy, but, in the 'alternate timeline' (*Sigh* Nintendo franchises and their timelines. I'm looking at you, Zelda.) Chrom is stabbed by the MU character and killed. So, how did Morgan come to be in that timeline?

Allow me to explain: I, personally, noticed an age difference between Lucina and Morgan. I put Lucina at about 17-18 years old and Morgan at 13-15 years old. So, basically Morgan was born a few years after Lucina.

Lucina appears to be roughly a few months old when she is shown in the present and it's not terribly long afterwards that Chrom gets killed, or should have been killed, by MU. So, Morgan wouldn't really have the 'opportunity' to be born, at least with Chrom as his father.

So, correct me if I'm wrong on anything here, feel free to state your opinion, and let me know what you think! :)

From the mainsite

nobody knows what timeline he/she's from.

There's definitely more than one alternate timeline. It was just one of them (that was shown, surely there are infinite more) in which MU kills Chrom, but also infinite in which she doesn't.

someone once posted a theory about this exact thing that I like to think might explain it:

Lucina caused events to speed up a bit. Had Lucina not been there the war with Gangrel would have lasted longer, as would the war with Walhart. It is very likely then, that the Avatar's possession and Chrom's death at the Avatar's hands might not have happened for years after Lucina's birth had Lucina herself not gone to the past inorder to change it.

Some characters even mention this, I think, that had it not been for Lucina's influence things would have been drastically different (Chrom being injured and Emmeryn dying, Basilio dying, ect)

Technically, its kinda Lucina's inadvertant fault that everything went sideways so quickly ^^;

someone once posted a theory about this exact thing that I like to think might explain it:

Lucina caused events to speed up a bit. Had Lucina not been there the war with Gangrel would have lasted longer, as would the war with Walhart. It is very likely then, that the Avatar's possession and Chrom's death at the Avatar's hands might not have happened for years after Lucina's birth had Lucina herself not gone to the past inorder to change it.

Some characters even mention this, I think, that had it not been for Lucina's influence things would have been drastically different (Chrom being injured and Emmeryn dying, Basilio dying, ect)

Technically, its kinda Lucina's inadvertant fault that everything went sideways so quickly ^^;

not really, things would have turned out worse even if it took a little longer to go downhill

not really, things would have turned out worse even if it took a little longer to go downhill

Yes, but she sped up the process (which was my point. Not that things went worse without her involvement, but that she sped up the process in which it happened)

(although, yes, things get very very bad when she didnt get involved)

Yeah history is skewed with Lucina coming in to the future. And I had a conversation with someone a while ago about the whole illegitimate child theory with Morgan seeing as he doesn't remember who his father was. Morgan obviously has blue hair, but if you got Priam involved in the possibilities (he has blue hair too), then its obvious to point out that Morgan has Rightful King which he can't get from anyone else other than Chrom.

The war with Gangrel would have lasted significantly longer if Emmeryn had been assassinated as the actual army would have stood in Chrom's way instead of leaving out of respect for her sacrifice, delaying the timeline.

You think FeMU/Chrom has problems with Morgan, explain MU/Lucina It's my OTP and I'm still not sure how it works.

Edited by Gone2Ground

yeah, especially considering that Lucina explicitly states that her father taught her how to fight.

so either Lucina sped things up with her flapping and struggling when she moved to the past, or Chrom taught a newborn baby how to fight.

history isn't apparently just one line in the games, but a whole mess of intertwined timelines. it's just that the game's timeline is the important one because it's the one where Grima was defeated.

Edited by Liz

There's also the question of how Lucina learned swordplay from Chrom if he died long before she was even able to pick a blade up. And she says that he taught her.

Edited by Anacybele

...Didn't Lucina said something about Grima attacking in her timeline in a decade or so? So yeah, I agree with the whole "Lucina coming over to the game timeline mean she sped up everything involving hers." To recap:

-Lucina managed to stall Emmeryn's death so that said death has a greater impact on the Plegian moral, speeding up the war against Gangrel to a few days at least, instead of a few years. Not to mention that Chrom doesn't receive those horrible wounds at the attack in Ylisstol, which I think also did a thing to him surviving the attack in Chapter 23.

-By speeding that up, it also sped up Valhart's goal of taking over the Ylissean continent. Of course, because of Lucina's influence, things goes weird.

-Because of what Lucina said, Robin managed to create a plot to foil Validar. This is assuming that the Premonition wasn't just Grima's recollection- it was also a legit warning because the Chrom Robin sees is the Chrom they know instead the Chrom of Lucina's world, who probably looked older. I don't know what that contributes to the idea, but...

-While it is true that the possibility of Morgan being from a different world is valid, I'm pretty sure the Morgan from Lucina's timeline was born before Chrom's death.

...Anything else I should add? Like how Morgan does resemble Chrom as his son?

Personally I like to think that the Morgan you can recruit is actually from the Good Timeline where you defeat Grima, rather than one of the bads- especially since s/he mentions the Avatar being a doting parent, rather than

the host to an Eldritch Abomination

I also agree that Lucina probably sped things up a ton, for all the reasons listed above as well as because in the FMVs Grima is only just attacking Ylisse when she's a young adult rather than having wiped it off the face of Akanea while she was still a month or two old.

I think I am the one you are referring too. But, yes, the general theory is that the bad timeline was a more prolonged war. It is the only way any of it makes sense. It still doesn't clarify why the kids treat Morgan like of them despite being

Grima's servant in the FOD DLC

But then again, they meet themselves, so maybe it is really a future where they never went back.

I think I am the one you are referring too. But, yes, the general theory is that the bad timeline was a more prolonged war. It is the only way any of it makes sense. It still doesn't clarify why the kids treat Morgan like of them despite being

Grima's servant in the FOD DLC

But then again, they meet themselves, so maybe it is really a future where they never went back.

Was that not a alternate alternate future?

Being that the both Morgan's are bosses, more time travel had already happen there

And was their mention of the 'first' Lucina comment it was just a future that felt like their own.

Let's just all agree that it's time travel shenanigans and live on.

lol. Paradoxes for the win/lose?

Morgan's ending makes me think that they had intended for Morgan to actually be the tactician from FE7. Speaking of which, the tactician in FE7 disappeared without a trace, right? So maybe Naga accidentally sent Morgan to elibe and then was like 'oops' and brought him/her back to the correct world, erasing his/her memories of elibe.

That's how I interpreted things, anyway. Doesn't matter if anyone else thinks so, I think it works. XD After all, any explanation is better than none.

I'll let Bob and George sum up my feelings on this subject:

020319.png

Long story short...

040619.png

...if you think about time travel too hard, your mind will explode. So don't.

Edited by Gone2Ground