A question concerning the Mark of Naga

Specifically, where does the mark of Naga on Lucina's sibling? I've looked over Cynthia quite a bit as a reference point, but there's not even a token mention on where her mark is.

The only mention is Inigo's, which is on his right(?) eye. It's the oppisite of Lucina.

It's possible that Chrom's non-Lucina and non-Inigo children just have minor Naga blood like Lissa, and thus they don't have the mark.

This would explain why they can't actually wield the Falchion. (Aside from game mechanics and programming.)

This would explain why they can't actually wield the Falchion. (Aside from game mechanics and programming.)

Except they can. Listen to the last support. They try to use Falchion, but nothing seemingly happens to the log they tried to cut.

But then Chrom comes by later and see's the log has been finely cut in half.

So either they just don't have a good swinging arm, or Falchion got scared of becoming "royal fruit knife"

Except they can. Listen to the last support. They try to use Falchion, but nothing seemingly happens to the log they tried to cut.

So either they just don't have a good swinging arm, or Falchion got scared of becoming "royal fruit knife"

Hahaha. XD If I were a legendary sword, then I'd be scared too.

My statement was more or less directed to the fact that Morgan/whatever other sibling can't actually -use- the falchion in battle.

Maybe it's because Lucina refuses to let go of it.

I actually read that scene differently. I thought the implication was that the sibling was so well attuned with Falchion that it created "the finest cut" Chrom had ever seen, and that they were skilled enough to make Lucina think they merely missed due to how well it cut the log. Think like those old cartoons or anime where someone would be cut, stand there for a few moments, and THEN fall apart. Basically, the sibling lied because they felt Lucina might let her guard down a bit if she knew she had a replacement for the Falchion waiting in the wings (ie: they don't want their sister to be "okay" with dying).

I actually read that scene differently. I thought the implication was that the sibling was so well attuned with Falchion that it created "the finest cut" Chrom had ever seen, and that they were skilled enough to make Lucina think they merely missed due to how well it cut the log. Think like those old cartoons or anime where someone would be cut, stand there for a few moments, and THEN fall apart. Basically, the sibling lied because they felt Lucina might let her guard down a bit if she knew she had a replacement for the Falchion waiting in the wings (ie: they don't want their sister to be "okay" with dying).

I don't think the child is lying. Lucina has already left the scene when s/he tries to cut the log, so s/he's genuinely unaware of being able to use the Falchion that well.

It still doesn't change the fact that they can wield it outside of gameplay. I think Lucina holds on to it because she is the 'current' chosen wielder of the Falchion. Also because she's the only other Lord class in the game; even if it would be cool for the other child to use it, it just makes better sense for Lucina to wield it.

I don't think the child is lying. Lucina has already left the scene when s/he tries to cut the log, so s/he's genuinely unaware of being able to use the Falchion that well.

While I do agree with Acacia there, the whole idea of the other sibling being so attuned to Falchion to create the finest cut Chrom have ever seen makes sense- in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was so fine, it didn't fell apart!