Hot Topics

I think that if a member makes a new post and it turns out to be a hot topics they should get like an additional 5 posts added to their total, but I know that you already have a lot to do Vincent so I dont expect something minor like this to change any time soon but its an idea.

Now dont laugh too much at me if im wrong I am fairly new to the site but i thought that your post count affected your status like egg and custom titles? And yes I do think you should get some kind of reward for posting something that starts a debate or gets a lot of peoples intrest. Unless I am wrong and you post count affects abosultely nothing then I dont really care.

IIRC the ranks don't do anything and are just there for show. They might have some really small effects though.

You're right about the custom member titles though. I could set the post requirement for that to be lower though. Maybe as far down as 50.

Well you could lower it if you want but I would rather not have it be too easy I just thought only getting 1 every time to get up to like 400 or 500 is a bit too much that is why I suggested only 5 but im just a newbie do what ever you feel is best.

IIRC the ranks don't do anything and are just there for show. They might have some really small effects though.

You're right about the custom member titles though. I could set the post requirement for that to be lower though. Maybe as far down as 50.

I think only dedicated members should be able to get benefits. (There are small benefits for the rank changes)

I think it would be a little weird for example, if someone started a topic that ended up getting a lot of replies, and then we rewarded them even though it was other members who did the hot posting. :o

Yes, overall, it sounds a bit unnecessary etc.

you guys owe me alot... around half of my topics are hot.

so are mine, but i dont have anything special