No Re-class Tier List

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that hurt? He/she'll just have the high stats for longer. It's not like everyone else gets to reclass or anything either so they're all stuck at 20 in the end.

Unless second seal for level resetting only is allowed. What is this tier list's stance on that?

No Second Seal for reclassing, since that would arbitrarly give characters 10+ extra levels and more skills. If only it didn't reset levels and you had to pick certain level skills from class selections or something... :/ Although there could be a tier list taking that into consideration, but then it would have to take into account grinding, and then it would be basically who has the best supports/caps/class sets... but I digress. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

I have read the posts, anyone else have an opinion on Kellam/Panne/Say'ri?

No Second Seal for reclassing, since that would arbitrarly give characters 10+ extra levels and more skills. If only it didn't reset levels and you had to pick certain level skills from class selections or something... :/ Although there could be a tier list taking that into consideration, but then it would have to take into account grinding, and then it would be basically who has the best supports/caps/class sets... but I digress. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

I have read the posts, anyone else have an opinion on Kellam/Panne/Say'ri?

I think you misunderstood the question. Thor meant using the second seal to 'reclass' to the class the character is currently in, an option that is only available at a capped level. There wouldn't be any stat changes or additional skills to be learned because the character is still in the same class and already knows the skills of that class (e.g. Chrom, level 20 great lord uses the second seal to 'reclass' to a level 1 great lord; it's basically just a level reset).

I will withhold my opinions until I finish playing through this game on lunatic mode (that might be a while, haha).

Unless he has high rated supports with units like Lon'qu (who should be entering battle full time anyway), or Panne, he's likely doubling approximately nobody ever (especially LATEGAME).

I find GK!stahl less desirable as game progresses because supports only give so much, and while he can keep up as a GK, the massive defense isn't too meaningful when the enemies skip over him and target your more squishy units anyway.

Enemies don't skip over him though. Besides its easy to choke point with him, and he can handle the full force of enemy attacks in chapters like chapter 19 where you have hordes of enemies coming at you from both sides - everything except the Dark Knights tink him. Chapter 17 is narrow enough to pull this off.

Anything that actually doubles him either tink him or are Valkyries, and Valkyries aren't that common outside of like chapters 24 and 17. Dark fliers also double him but there are ways to dispose of them in Chapter 25 so stahl isn't in danger. He really doesn't need double bonuses but they make him into kind of a monster as is. Not saying he's top tier or anything, but he's a highly effective unit as a GK.

I think you misunderstood the question. Thor meant using the second seal to 'reclass' to the class the character is currently in, an option that is only available at a capped level. There wouldn't be any stat changes or additional skills to be learned because the character is still in the same class and already knows the skills of that class (e.g. Chrom, level 20 great lord uses the second seal to 'reclass' to a level 1 great lord; it's basically just a level reset).

I will withhold my opinions until I finish playing through this game on lunatic mode (that might be a while, haha).

I don't know why I skipped over that... unsure.gif But yeah, that still gives characters 10+ extra levels, and it would give the characters who join earlier (and MU lol) even more of an advantage...

If we're going through the game efficiently, I don't think most characters will have to worry about capping their level. On my last playthrough, Chrom and MU were the only ones to hit level 20/20 and I'm pretty certain that the pace I was going was still too slow to be considered efficient.

I've never used Frederick in any of my hard mode runs beyond a pair-up partner in the first few chapters. He just becomes instantly outclassed by Stahl and Sully with like only a few level-ups and they have so much more potential if you disallow reclassing.

there's a few units I don't understand being as low as they are and several I don't understand being as high as they are, but here's something you've forgotten for Anna - Levin Swords exist. Her bad strength shouldn't be relevant because of that fact. Just give all the ones you get to her, basically no one else uses them inherently well like she does. Libra's variant, the Bolt Axe is also something you've left aside but they're harder to come by, but you are guaranteed at least one of each and hammernes in multiples exist sooo...yeah. Not to mention even without grinding you can purchase Levin Swords and Bolt Axes via spotpass.

How is buyable nosferatus in chapter 13, four chapters from Tharja's jointime, a long time? How is Henry fighting for the nosferatu when you can buy them after you finish his chapter?

Bringing this back up because the logic used behind Tharja's placement is false. Henry can't effectively use Nosferatu because of awful speed, yes, but Tharja's likely doubling a good deal. Being able to just nosferatank through everything safely is something no other person can do, and that warrants a placement at least a bit higher than bottom of mid.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I've never used Frederick in any of my hard mode runs beyond a pair-up partner in the first few chapters. He just becomes instantly outclassed by Stahl and Sully with like only a few level-ups and they have so much more potential if you disallow reclassing.

there's a few units I don't understand being as low as they are and several I don't understand being as high as they are, but here's something you've forgotten for Anna - Levin Swords exist. Her bad strength shouldn't be relevant because of that fact. Just give all the ones you get to her, basically no one else uses them inherently well like she does. Libra's variant, the Bolt Axe is also something you've left aside but they're harder to come by, but you are guaranteed at least one of each and hammernes in multiples exist sooo...yeah. Not to mention even without grinding you can purchase Levin Swords and Bolt Axes via spotpass.

Anna and Libra are both in high tier, I think they're fine

although i do wonder why Libra is higher than Cordelia, since he's not nearly as good as Anna at rescuing (Acrobat+one extra move) and his combat isn't exactly great

unless it just takes too long for Cordelia to catch up

about Tharja: yeah i don't get it either, maybe she just loses points for creepiness dry.gif

Edited by shadykid

Tharja isn't that different from Miriel. MIriel has better availability, but Tharja has Nosferatu and Ruin for tanking and offensive power respectively so I think it balances out. Maybe Miriel should still be ahead of her, but they're so similar that it seems like they should be adjacent on the list.

I can honestly see Libra dropping down any number of spaces as long as he stays in high. Likewise I could see Tharja going up any amount of spaces to around Lon'qu. However I think some number crunching would be in order first and I'm too lazy to do it right now xD