Which gender is the best for Avatar?

Algernon

the gender exclusive classes all have at least 1 magically orented promotion thus for a magic MU I would go with female. Dark flyer is a useful class regardless of the skill it provides Valkyrie can be used to give your MU a more mobile magical suport role. two additional options. all the male classes are physically oriented thus they will provide you with no benefits if you plan to go magic... and the skills will not be all that useful to you(counter is only for spotpass and wrath isn't useful w/out vantage)

Psh, Chrom might be pretty attractive, but imo, Frederick is the hottest guy! I bet he has more muscle under his armor too. <3

And it's also very easy to get him an S support with a female Avatar. But this is just my opinion, of course. :P:

But I agree that Male Avatar is best if you want to focus on children while the female is probably better when the first gen gets the most attention.

Edited by Anacybele

Female Avatar is my best friend due to Galeforce access. Since i tend to go Magic use with my avatars, i dont need junk like Counter. (i also dont Streetpass)

Male is good for making two super babies though. Female Avatar only gets two super saiyans if she gets with Chrom. But if you want a roflstomper Lucina, Chrom/Avatar pairing wins hard.

I think it really depends on what the player wants and what they plan to do with their team.

Lucina is useless to me. Why use her when her dad is already much stronger by the time you get her? However, I am using Morgan despite already having two Great Knights because I just like more horse knights! lol

Edited by Anacybele

Lucina is useless to me. Why use her when her dad is already much stronger by the time you get her?

Wut. Lucina can outclass Chrom if trained and raised properly. My current Lucina is a Grandmaster (due to reclassing at level 16 Great Lord) and she easily can take more of a beating than Chrom can.

Wut. Lucina can outclass Chrom if trained and raised properly. My current Lucina is a Grandmaster (due to reclassing at level 16 Great Lord) and she easily can take more of a beating than Chrom can.

I mean that when you recruit Lucina, Chrom is at a much higher level. I just didn't want to bother training her because of that. Chrom's kicking enough butt for me as is, along with my other trained up guys.

Lucina is useless to me.

lol.

You could have chosen your words better.

You should have seen it coming that you were gonna take flak for using "useless" with the character that is considered to be one of the best in the game.

Lucina is useless to me.

*checks hard mode tier list*

sees Avatar!Lucina in the same tier as Chrom

hmmmmmmmmm

if you play normal mode, i'm pretty sure whatever starting bumps Lucina might have had don't exist

if Lunatic(+).....yeah you're definitely not doing that

Edited by shadykid

That's great, except I don't play hard mode.

"Wheeee. I'm gonna go and declare my preferences on characters like an expert on a forum topic that is taking all factors into account for discussion even though I'm playing normal mode and don't give a crap about tier lists."

The last part is all well and good now... but again, you're doing the same thing you did in your "Frederick and Avatar = Godly?" thread.

The thread is for discussion, not advertising your preferences. And you're shooting down all discussion by simply saying "useless" and not justifying your reasons besides "I play normal mode, and Chrom was already useful. So I didn't want to waste experience that is clearly abundant in Normal Mode."

You're pretty much asking to take some flak, even from someone other than me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"Wheeee. I'm gonna go and declare my preferences on characters like an expert on a forum topic that is taking all factors into account for discussion even though I'm playing normal mode and don't give a crap about tier lists."

The last part is all well and good now... but again, you're doing the same thing you did in your "Frederick and Avatar = Godly?" thread.

An I admitted to making a mistake with that thread. Also I said Lucina was useless TO ME, not useless period. I never said she couldn't be useful to others.

Edited by Anacybele

The thread is for discussion, not advertising your preferences. And you're shooting down all discussion by simply saying "useless" and not justifying your reasons besides "I play normal mode, and Chrom was already useful. So I didn't want to waste experience that is clearly abundant in Normal Mode."

You're pretty much asking to take some flak, even from someone other than me.

more like any discussion involving Ike

on topic, what do you guys think of the valkyrie class in postgame (not so much for the Avatar, but just curious)

I mean that when you recruit Lucina, Chrom is at a much higher level. I just didn't want to bother training her because of that. Chrom's kicking enough butt for me as is, along with my other trained up guys.

I realize this has gotten you some attention already, but I have to ask: Why does Chrom's performance mean anything? If anything, him being good should be more reason to use her since they can build support fast on account of having an auto C. She has exclusive access to a 12 MT (more than Silver) Sword that never runs out, doubles as a Concoction, and gets effective damage against Wyverns (Dragons?) and the final boss. If born from Avatar, she has basically every class available and can get passed down almost any skill, but even with other mothers still has amazing offensive potential that isn't difficult to reach even in Hard mode (She was basically my best overall unit in my first run, which was Hard/Classic). She's at least on par with everyone else in my current Lunatic run even though her mother (Maribelle) isn't as good for her this time around.

If you don't want to use her, fine, if your team is full already and there's no room to deploy her, fine, but don't talk like she's useless ('for you') just because Chrom is good.

On topic, I think female Avatar would be present on the best possible team, but male Avatar has a lot more possible children to pass the good stuff down to, so there's more flexibility there. And Morgan (F) is too adorable.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I realize this has gotten you some attention already, but I have to ask: Why does Chrom's performance mean anything? If anything, him being good should be more reason to use her since they can build support fast on account of having an auto C. She has exclusive access to a 12 MT (more than Silver) Sword that never runs out, doubles as a Concoction, and gets effective damage against Wyverns (Dragons?) and the final boss. If born from Avatar, she has basically every class available and can get passed down almost any skill, but even with other mothers still has amazing offensive potential that isn't difficult to reach even in Hard mode (She was basically my best overall unit in my first run, which was Hard/Classic). She's at least on par with everyone else in my current Lunatic run even though her mother (Maribelle) isn't as good for her this time around.

Thing is, I didn't pair my Avatar with Chrom, so I'm not getting any benefits from doing so. And doesn't Chrom have effective damage against wyverns and the final boss too? He also wields Falchion, you know. Also, I'm not as competitive a player as the rest of you. I just want to have fun with the game.

If you don't want to use her, fine, if your team is full already and there's no room to deploy her, fine, but don't talk like she's useless ('for you') just because Chrom is good.

That's exactly my case. My team is full and I've no room to deploy her at all. But fine.

Edited by Anacybele

She was basically my best overall unit in my first run, which was Hard/Classic

She was definitely my best unit on Hard/Classic. She almost ended up soloing the final boss by herself in one phase, while the most damage anyone else could do was like, 7 per hit. I didn't get a chance to see what Chrom would've done, but I assume similar but less (similar weapon, lower offensive power due to Lucina's Swordfaire). She was even taking down Generals with ease using a physical based weapon in Infinite Regalia.

And Morgan (F) is too adorable.

That's my issue. I don't like male Avatar's customization (specifically, hair styles), and love the last hair style for female Avatar. However, female Morgan is adorable, and male Morgan is a knob. Wish I could just get a female Morgan with a female Avatar.