A little help for a newbie?

Tairin

Okay, so I managed to get the VBA (VisualBoyAdvanced) up and running on my computer without mishap (somehow), and I downloaded the ROM of FE7 to test it. So as I'm playing through the first chapter, the following error message appears.

Error creating file C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\wzb654\FireEmblem.sav

I hit Enter and it vanishes, leaving me to continue playing normally. Then again, in about 30 seconds time, it appears again. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way, but it IS kinda annoying. I think it's trying to create automatic savestates for me, like the GBA games would normally do, but failing somehow. Is there any way to remedy it, or is it more than likely the result of my refurbished laptop being a pain?

Also, as you might've guessed, I'm new here, so I might've put this topic in the wrong place. >.<

VBA is making battery saves for you so you don't lose your data when you quit. Every time you save the game it'll update the .sav. DId you extract all of the files from the RAR properly, or delete anything that came out of it?

VBA is making battery saves for you so you don't lose your data when you quit. Every time you save the game it'll update the .sav. DId you extract all of the files from the RAR properly, or delete anything that came out of it?

I opened up the file for the game data and the VBA using WinZip, and I don't remember deleting anything. :/

A quick google search has come up with some more helpful results.

Well, Its easy to check. Simpily Login as your mum or dad, press START, Controle Panel, User accounts and it woll list all the users and there acount type.

If you are a limeted acconut and your parents dont wont to change you then do the following:

Find the folder that your emulator is stored,

Right click the file and select Properties.

If the box near the bottom is ticked "Read only" uncheck that box!

If it comes up with an option Apply to Sub folders...

Then select yes.

If you still cant save after this go into options and change the svae folder to somewhere in your documents.

To change:

Open Vba,

Go to the tab "Options",

Then "Emulator",

"Directories",

This should then open a box with 5 text boxes

Change the Save game and the battery to some where in My docs.

My guess is that your problem is the 2nd one. That file pathway is usually cordoned off in Windows 7 IIRC so just change it to the same folder that your emulator/ROM is in. And if they're in that same folder, move them.