New Features you would like to see

sunshineYON

I feel like there will be some formulaic changes to the next SSM. There will be differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions, as Sakurai stated. In this vein, I feel optimistic that there will be more new and exciting features in the next iteration of the series.

Some features I have hopes for:

Different weapons akin to the Soul Caliber series - they wouldn't necessarily change the entire moveset of a character, but alter stats a little like range or power at the cost of hurting yourself Pichu style, etc. Part of this desire also stems from the fact that FE characters can wield different weapons other than swords!1 Imagine Ike(though not guaranteed to be in) using Urvan, which will be similar to SSBB Ike, or using Ragnell, which will boost his speed at the cost of launching ability.

Skins - they did this with Wario and... that was it. Again, this does not require much effort other than aesthetics. I'm talking about how they treated Wario, not how they made Diddy into "Dixie" or Peach into "Daisy". Marth -> Lucina, kekeke

I got nothing more thus far.

Online than isn't an embarrassment in the 21st century, as in connections I can at least pretend aren't that bad when played with somebody in the same region and rooms bigger than 4 players at the very least, a lack of any mechanics that arbitrarily punish players for doing something like, say, moving towards one's opponent at top speed, and something that somehow at least attempts to reassure me that some attempt at balancing is being made in a more competent manner than last time would probably be all I'd need.

• 2 weeks later...

Better online service is definitely top of my list... It was definitely shit with SSBB. Free online is one thing, but when it's shitty like that, it makes it almost unusable.

I also liked the Subspace Emissary. Such a thing should be retained for SSB4.

Hmm.

And uhh.

tbh I wasn't a fan of Brawl's stages at all. Nearly every stage could have been made better one way or another, I think. I was happy that they reused some of Melee's stages.

An improved stage creator would be welcome.

delete items forever Don't make items so overpowered and possible tide-turners.

Playable Giga Bowser and Master/Crazy Hands plz.

I just hope the "graphics engine" (I guess?) stays like Brawl. I like the floatiness. 8U Melee feels too stiff and constricted after coming back from Brawl.

More broken items, muhaha... The game isn't any fun without items, and I freely admit I'm a cheap fighter who's main goal is winning by any means necessary. That includes items.

I just hope the "graphics engine" (I guess?) stays like Brawl. I like the floatiness. 8U Melee feels too stiff and constricted after coming back from Brawl.

You mean 'physics engine' right? And no, it won't be like Brawl's (instead it'll be based of off Melee's, due to all the tourneytards complaining).

Hmm... I want more gametype customization, something like Halo where you can change all the elements of the game, as well as things like "King of the Hill" and such, to give more flexibility in both matches and characters. Also, the ability to change certain attributes (such as speed, weight, launch power, etc.) of characters and save them for local and friendly multiplayer use. Let's face it, it won't be long for the flaws of each character are discovered, so at least this gives the ability to fix them for when they are discovered, as well as you can make some interesting matches Sonic the Koopa King. Also, I don't mind items, it adds more randomness to the game, something most games (outside of FE) don't have enough of. A challenge that is based solely on skill and practice is a sport, not a game, a game is just about fun.

I think skins are the main thing I want. It would allow many, many more characters to be in the game.

Gameplay is great as it is (Brawl...minus tripping), but perhaps the Y button, instead of being an extra jump, could give us a new set of moves for everyone.

Better online is a given.

Kirby had better not get nerfed in any way like in Melee.

And, oh yeah... MEWTWO.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

I would like to see more game types. As much as I love stock mode, and rarely play coin mode, I would like to see something like... king mode? Maybe? Mark a random person as a target, and if the marked player KOs people, he begins to be worth more to KO in return. When they're KOed, the person who KOed them gets picked as the mark. Or something. A similar mode circulates around FPS games these days and I think it would be fun for a party fighter as chaotic as SSB.

I think it would be fun if there was an item that normalized damage %s across all players, sort of like an item-based Pain Split from Pokemon. People who don't like items could just turn it off.

Also, I hope they improve online, remove tripping, and never have a stage as big as New Pork City ever again unless the player count is somehow bumped up to like, 8.