So how many 100% canon pairs are there in the series?

simmeh

Quick backstory: a while ago some guy on the cesspool that is the GameFAQs Awakening board posted his personal shiplist (for the Elibe games, no less) and called it canon. He was obviously wrong, but he couldn't be moved - trust me, I tried.

But now I'm thinking, how many pairings throughout the series have we gotten 100% confirmation for between playable characters? Here's what I came up with based on my memory and a bit of research:

EDIT: Adjusted the lists based on stuff that popped up during the topic

Marth x Caeda

Abel x Est

Astram x Midia

Merric x Elice

Julian x Lena

Hardin x Nyna

Samson x Sheema

Alm x Celica

Grey x Clair

Clive x Matilda

Zeke x Teeta

Sigurd x Dierdre

Quan x Ethlyn

Lewyn x Fury

Leaf x Nanna

Orsin x Tanya

Brighton x Machua

Fred x Olwen

Bartre x Karla

Pent x Louise

Largo x Calil

And here's some that I wasn't sure about/could use some discussion on:

Boey x Mae

Beowulf x Raquesis x Finn

Glade x Selphina

Harken x Isadora

Ike x Soren or Ranulf

Boyd x Mist

Makalov x Astrid

Sothe x Micaiah

Jill x Haar

Geoffrey x Elincia

Naesala x Leanne

Bastian x Lucia

Edited by simmeh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, Hardin and Nyna are a canon pairing. Of course it doesn't end well, but it did happen. Also with regards to Abel and Est, Est did end up breaking up with him at the end of FE3, so like Hardin and Nyna, it was a canon pairing, then it was ended.

Also add Jake X Anna to the list.

Alm Celica wasn't really a thing, because I'm pretty sure they were siblings? Awakening has confused me, but I swear that was it, not they were a ship.

Well, unless it was the usage of a Familial Honorific, they do share at least one grandfather: Mycen. However, them becoming King and Queen of Valentia could most likely imply they did married.

There are no 100% canon Tellius pairings except for GreilxElena and LargoxCallil, so any besides these two should be removed from the list. Every pairable character also has an ending where they are not paired. And in the case of IkexSoren/Ranulf, Ike has a descendant, so he may have married a woman.

Edited by Anacybele

... Wat. There are more than just two canon pairings in Tellius. Typically I regard all of the A support endings in Radiant Dawn to be canon, as only one character has more than one A support endings (that being Ike). And yes, I do think that both IkexSoren and IkexRanulf are canon. Yay threesomes :D

Edited by Kon

... Wat. There are more than just two canon pairings in Tellius. Typically I regard all of the A support endings in Radiant Dawn to be canon, as only one character has more than one A support endings (that being Ike). And yes, I do think that both IkexSoren and IkexRanulf are canon. Yay threesomes :D

Did you read a word I said? Every character in RD that has a paired ending also has an UNPAIRED ENDING. Meaning that has just as much chance of being a possible ending.

Also, neither of Ike's endings with Ranulf and Soren say anything about romance. Plus, as I ALSO SAID, he has a descendant, so it's quite possible that he married a woman and raised a family with her.

Ike/Soren and Ike/Ranulf aren't canon because Ike can leave Tellius without either of them.

Also, Glade/Selphina, Fred/Olwen, and Brighton/Machua.

Edited by ZMesu

Ike/Soren and Ike/Ranulf aren't canon because Ike can leave Tellius without either of them.

This too.

Also, I just remembered that Haar and Jill's ending doesn't actually say they get married, so it's not canon either. I do like them as a pair though.

Also, I just remembered that Haar and Jill's ending doesn't actually say they get married, so it's not canon either. I do like them as a pair though.

If Jill has an A support with Haar at the end of RD.

Queen Micaiah ceded Talrega to Jill. Bearing her father's ideals, she and her husband made the land prosper.

And since people only get married if they have an A support...

If Jill has an A support with Haar at the end of RD.

And since people only get married if they have an A support...

Huh, that's not what I remember reading. I remember it being Haar and Jill starting a delivery service together or some such. Maybe this was only in the English version.

But whatever the case, all paired endings in RD are completely optional. SothexMicaiah is as close as it gets due to them having an A support from the beginning. However, it can be removed.

Edited by Anacybele

Did you read a word I said? Every character in RD that has a paired ending also has an UNPAIRED ENDING. Meaning that has just as much chance of being a possible ending.

Also, neither of Ike's endings with Ranulf and Soren say anything about romance. Plus, as I ALSO SAID, he has a descendant, so it's quite possible that he married a woman and raised a family with her.

Di you read a word I said? I said that I regard the A support endings to be canon, not that it was actually canon. So there's no need to get your panties in a twist.

And what does it matter if they did or didn't anyways? My headcanon is my headcanon, and unless someone from IS comes out and says that Priam is Ike's descendant (and not like Anri is Marth's descendant), then I'll make up whatever I want about the matter.

Priam is Ike's descendant (and not like Anri is Marth's descendant), then I'll make up whatever I want about the matter.

Priam says himself that he's Ike's descendant and he's a huge shout out to Ike. I think it's safe to say that he's Ike's descendant.

And then another thread was consumed by Ike arguments. -_-

Anyways, getting back on topic.

Quick backstory: a while ago some guy on the cesspool that is the GameFAQs Awakening board posted his personal shiplist (for the Elibe games, no less) and called it canon. He was obviously wrong, but he couldn't be moved - trust me, I tried.

Are you talking about that one guy that kept proclaiming that HectorxFarina was canon? I remember reading that. It was pretty great.

And as I recall, AbelxPalla was like MarthxCatria, unrequited love and all that. I'd like to think that HarkenxIsadora is canon, since they were engaged, but seeing as how she can marry Renault or Legault, I'm not sure.