So excited about thursday ^^

Aliete

I dunno about Walhart being dead. Infinite Regalia, he's saying he 'felt dead' when he was defeated, and then goes on to say "If I die, it will not be standing still!"=

He says his heart stopped beating though, and his body won't let him stop.

Gangrel also says something similar, and I'd think if Gangrel wasn't a Risen, it wouldn't be Dead King's Lament?

Then again, if they were Risen, I do question why Chrom would allow them into his army...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seemed metaphorical, to me. I felt that was really hammered home by his line later in that conversation., especially the bolded part "We have EVERY reason! A conqueror rules by strength alone. Defeat is death, and I must rise again!" Basically, to me, it seems he is dead metaphorically, as he was defeated, he has no real purpose any longer, and probably wishes to be dead, but, his body won't let him die, and keeps pushing him to live and conquer. And seeing as he certainly refers to himself as alive in the DLC now, I don't think he's a Risen at all. Just that Chrom really sucks at checking whether people are dead or not. I'd be interested to see, if he still mentions 'heart' in the Japanese script, and which 'heart' it is. If it's kokoro, it's the metaphorical heart, not the literal heart

Also, Gangrel specifically makes a mention that he's not dead when you beat Grima and let Chrom get the final blow. He basically bitches because he didn't die in the battle. Also, don't forget Gangrel's ending, where it's said he dies a few years after the game, so he's certainly alive.

He says his heart stopped beating though, and his body won't let him stop.

Gangrel also says something similar, and I'd think if Gangrel wasn't a Risen, it wouldn't be Dead King's Lament?

Then again, if they were Risen, I do question why Chrom would allow them into his army...

for all purposes after chapter 12 he is dead to the world.

So he is not Risen, no person knew that he was alive, so he is dead to the world but not really dead.

Dead King's Lament is a reference to how he is dead to the world.

Edited by Chrom's Archie

for all purposes after chapter 12 he is dead to the world.

So he is not Risen, no person knew that he was alive, so he is dead to the world but not really dead.

Dead King's Lament is a reference to how he is dead to the world.

Good point. btw were you trying to see how many times you could say 'dead to the world'? lol

I think 'Dead King's Pity Party' should have been the name of that chapter.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure Walhart didn't die. He's just a fan of morbid metaphors. He can't be dead, simply because he's fertile enough to have a kid with My Avatar. His supports are rather sweet, coming from him - at least with a female Avatar.

Anyway, I've been exploding with delight to get Emmeryn, and am most surprised someone beat me to the thread. Hooray, more Emm fans!

She practically yanked my heart out during the game, and I started a MaleAvatar playthrough simply to marry her. She's just got so much heart, it's amazing - she became my favorite character in about chapter five, was then dangled in front of me for a few more, and then... heart-ripped out.

I kept thinking it maybe the fact that I had to choose 'Sacrifice Emmeryn' to make her live, so I tried again.

I didn't work. :|

So it was wonderful to see that she survived.

On another note, since when did this Fire Emblem game become the most inefficient at killing...anyone? I'm so used to '0' meaning 'dead' and this Fire Emblem game just laughs at it. Basilio, Aversa, Walhart...

We fight Walhart a whole three times. I mean, come on. Die already. (Not that I'm complaining, especially when it comes to Emmeryn - it's just odd.)

Edited by Maria's Bro

0 only means death if you've stopped being important to the plot.

You don't kill the first Reed, and Marcus doesn't die. You don't kill Walmart, and Lissa lives.

Edited by Iridium

I kept thinking it maybe the fact that I had to choose 'Sacrifice Emmeryn' to make her live, so I tried again.

You have no idea how long I sat there when that prompt came up. Either way had an effect I didn't like. I eventually came to my senses and decided that Emmeryn was the 'father' to Chrom in this game--and the 'father' ALWAYS dies in Fire Emblem.

0 only means death if you've stopped being important to the plot.

You don't kill the first Reed, and Marcus doesn't die. You don't kill Walmart, and Lissa lives.

While you have a good point, as important characters usually retreat - on the other hand being too important to the plot would mean you should die all the more.

Like the bosses, and Emmeryn. When they don't die, it kinda nullifies the effect of the storyline. It's very odd when a pivotal character whose life is very important... isn't dead.

You have no idea how long I sat there when that prompt came up. Either way had an effect I didn't like. I eventually came to my senses and decided that Emmeryn was the 'father' to Chrom in this game--and the 'father' ALWAYS dies in Fire Emblem.

Yeah, that moment was heart-wrenching. I for one couldn't care less about the Fire Emblem at the moment, for who would choose a hunk of unbreathing metal over the epitome of peace, the wonderful Exalt? (Whoa, that was dangerously fanboyish, but that's not a surprise. But I am really enamored with the writing and character that IS created.)

You're quite right, of course. But the 'Mother' and 'Elder Sister' are always in danger as well. I.E., Elena and Elice - it seems like the only ones that you know you'll get to play with is the 'Little Sister' and only a few of them are actually good.

While you have a good point, as important characters usually retreat - on the other hand being too important to the plot would mean you should die all the more.

Like the bosses, and Emmeryn. When they don't die, it kinda nullifies the effect of the storyline. It's very odd when a pivotal character whose life is very important... isn't dead.

Yeah, that moment was heart-wrenching. I for one couldn't care less about the Fire Emblem at the moment, for who would choose a hunk of unbreathing metal over the epitome of peace, the wonderful Exalt? (Whoa, that was dangerously fanboyish, but that's not a surprise. But I am really enamored with the writing and character that IS created.)

You're quite right, of course. But the 'Mother' and 'Elder Sister' are always in danger as well. I.E., Elena and Elice - it seems like the only ones that you know you'll get to play with is the 'Little Sister' and only a few of them are actually good.

True, true, but in this case, it was somewhat obvious Emmeryn was serving as the 'father.' After all, the only big sister I've known out of the series--Elice--wasn't actually seen until way later in the game. then again, Eliwood's father shared the same cup. Hm.

But yes, that moment was just heart-wrenching. Not as heart-wrenching as the cutscene after that, though.

True, true, but in this case, it was somewhat obvious Emmeryn was serving as the 'father.' After all, the only big sister I've known out of the series--Elice--wasn't actually seen until way later in the game. then again, Eliwood's father shared the same cup. Hm.

But yes, that moment was just heart-wrenching. Not as heart-wrenching as the cutscene after that, though.

Point taken.

And that goes without saying!

Think of them like the bonus map characters from a few of the other games, then, but with the ability to support with one character.

Think of them like the bonus map characters from a few of the other games, then, but with the ability to support with one character.

Ah, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. And that's pretty much how I saw them too. It's nice that they're playable not just on bonus maps.

They're a similar concept, but at the same time, very different, as the Bonus Units previously have been more akin to the Einherjar/Logbook units of Awakening.

These are more-or-less full fledged characters, and they're definitely canon (unlike the Bonus Units).

They're a similar concept, but at the same time, very different, as the Bonus Units previously have been more akin to the Einherjar/Logbook units of Awakening.

These are more-or-less full fledged characters, and they're definitely canon (unlike the Bonus Units).

Especially as they appear in the Avatar's support options as mysterious questions before they even appear.

Ah, the Exalt is close now...

I'm still not sure if the spotpass characters are meant to be canon, they're actual party members once they join, rather than being treated like extra avatars like the Einherjar. However, the chapters where you get them are unlocked through the bonus menu, the same place from where you can make Einherjar appear out of nowhere or make new legendary weapons appear out of nowhere in your party's convoy. I think that's kind of suspicious. Of course, we likely will never get confirmation either way because Awakening is very unlikely to get a direct sequel...

Edited by NeonZ

It's past 12:30 EST, and the Emmeryn chapter is still not up yet?

I usually see it pop up once we get that notice where Merchant Anna tells us what she gave us today, and it has happened before where we got a DLC first without the notice and no spotpass untill the notice came up.

I'd like to point out something more significant. Check you notification on your 3DS for the Fire Emblem news about this weeks content. For Smash Brethren, it reads:

"Smash Brethren 1 pits you against the heroes of FE: PoR and FE: RD, with the forces of FE and FE: SS, and the Japan-only Fire Emblem: Binding Blade at your side!"

Since Roy is in this level, I can only presume that BB is the official English name of Sword of Seals. I hope this means Nintendo might actually release an English version.smile.gif