When is your game completed?

To me, FE:A does not feel completed. I have the same feeling as I did when I played Fallout: NV. The game was not completed until I finished all the DLC. For Awakening, the game is not completed for me until I have all the spotpass chars and finish the DLC. Right now, completing the game doesn't feel.. right.

What about you? Do you think Awakening is still not finished?

...Your logic is quite strange and you can't compare it with Fallout: NV because they're entirely different regardless if they have DLC .

Just imagine the game not having DLC/SpotPass, you wouldn't even feel the game not completed. DLC/SpotPass is just extra content and for all we know, the developers could have canceled it without us knowing.

They didn't have to add DLC/SpotPass but that's just fan service/fun expansions for veterans or for those familiar with Fire Emblem itself.

Yes they're two different games but I simply used it as a reference. And maybe I would feel differently if I didn't know about the DLC. More specifically, Future of Despair and spotpass chars. Its extra content but it still feels like its apart of the main story. To me at least.

You're probably misunderstanding me here. If they didn't have DLC or whatever else, I'd be fine with it. However, since they ARE releasing DLC's and the 6 extra chars the game feels more complete to me after having everything/finishing dlc and bonus maps and then beating the game. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Edited by Masked_Hunter1825

A game is complete for me when it has a "100%" next to the save file. If the game doesn't have something like that then it's usually when I collected all the items/weapons, fully leveled up all characters, seen all endings, fought all enemies, and of course discovered everything on the world map(this includes dungeons.) So yeah I have a lot to do before a game is "complete" for me.

I kind of agree about that specific DLC set you mentioned. That's probably the most "necessary" one story-wise, but like Spark is saying they're largely meant to be optional and not essential to the story (like I said, Future ones are sort of the exception).

It is a great way to extend the game though!

It will feel complete when I'm able to beat the Strongest one's name with the Alternate Set of enemies. I tend to feel a bit complete if i do the hardest challenge in the game along with the easier challenges complete if there's no specification for 100%

when you have max renown and beat the last DLC map

all on Lunatic+ classic

no grinding in main story

no resetting for favorable enemy skills

j/k, it really depends on the person

all supports and all possible skills for a character, commence the runs of LB3 NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Edited by shadykid

For one save file, I'd have to level up all characters to their maximum.

In general, I'd have to get all supports possible (which means a vast amount of playthroughs) and get all the Renown. Probably not going to do that.

Edited by Taser9090

Main story, yep. However we have yet to play all of the sidequests since there is still 3 SpotPass chapters remaining. Plus there is also the Future of Despair DLC chapters which is another "story continuation". So we haven't "fully" played the game. Besides I still have to do the girl playthrough.

Oh, and the game is NEVER completed if a recruitable unit is dead.

True facts.

It simply just does not feel right to have 'They died and were erased from the books of history' at the end of the game, instead of their 'happily (or not so happily) ever after' epilogue text.

Main story, yep. However we have yet to play all of the sidequests since there is still 3 SpotPass chapters remaining. Plus there is also the Future of Despair DLC chapters which is another "story continuation". So we haven't "fully" played the game. Besides I still have to do the girl playthrough.

hey now, gotta be equal opportunity and do a guy playthrough

(seriously though, is this game like FE12 where its easier to do girl-only or not)

It's finished when I say it is!

For Fire Emblem games, that means that I've gotten all of the characters and/or all supports are completed (and that's gonna take a while with this one DX).

Edited by Kon