OWAIN'S SUPER GLITCH SKYWARD SHOT!

So I was on chapter 23 when a hero attacked Kjelle who was paired with Owain.

Kjelle attacked twice and Owain(who is an assassin) shot the hero with his bow.

The hero didn't die, but instead just stood there, they all just stood there.

They stood there for while(about five seconds), and then the hero's death animation played and the battle ended.

Clearly Owain's attack was so powerful that his opponent just stood there in awe until he felt it's full force.

Edited by David the SecondWorld

That sounds really weird. I'd love to see it, actually, but it sounds like it'd be almost impossible to replicate.

I sure as hell don't know how to.

Although, earlier in that same chapter the game froze for a split second.

I've seen something similar happen a couple times when Warrior Gerome support attacked with a bow. It must have something to do with the way the support animations for bows interact with everything else...

Have you tried copying the URL and use that? Sometimes I get that same trouble and that's how I can see those images.

If you're gonna link something, grab it and reupload it to imgur/imageshack. That way, it'll display.

Chapter 25, it has happened a third time.

I think each time has been longer than the last...

Owain's power grows...

EDIT:

Now it's happened twice in the same chapter!

Owain is breaking my game...

IIRC the same happened to me once, except with Assassin!Say'ri. She shot an enemy wyvern lord as a pair up partner and the arrow kinda... flew right past the enemy, and they just stood there for a very long time until it randomly acknowledged the hit and the guy died.

I remember it was pretty weird because it looked like the arrow missed the enemies' model and I got really scared that it glitched the battle scene frozen.

I think it happened because she was too close to the wyvern lord so that the arrow trajectory glitched, but eh, it's been a while since it happened. Way back in Gangrel's spotpass when it was new.

IIRC the same happened to me once, except with Assassin!Say'ri. She shot an enemy wyvern lord as a pair up partner and the arrow kinda... flew right past the enemy, and they just stood there for a very long time until it randomly acknowledged the hit and the guy died.

I remember it was pretty weird because it looked like the arrow missed the enemies' model and I got really scared that it glitched the battle scene frozen.

I think it happened because she was too close to the wyvern lord so that the arrow trajectory glitched, but eh, it's been a while since it happened. Way back in Gangrel's spotpass when it was new.

So from what I've heard so far, this only seems to happen with a support partner using bows.

If I'm correct, this also only happens on enemy phase.

I don't care if this has happened with other characters, this glitch will forever be Owain's

EDIT:

Again, this time on Emm's paralogue.

At this point it doesn't even faze me anymore.

Also, I've now dis-proven my theory that it only occurs on enemy phase.

Never happened to my JP copy, and I believe I use bow backups fairly often (because I can then ignore their 2-only range limitation). Surprised to know that they're using the battle models themselves to determine animation playback.

They're just doing what IS games often do: great with whole numbers, weird with game physics.