Lyn's CG image offset

NYZgamer3

Hey guys,

This may have been answered before, but what are the Lyn CG's image number in GBAGE?

What're the ranges for all the Lyn CGs?

Thanks

One problem.

Lyn's CGs are all split up into pieces, despite the fact that Eliwood Mode CGs are complete looking images.

One problem.

Lyn's CGs are all split up into pieces, despite the fact that Eliwood Mode CGs are complete looking images.

That's okay because I'm just replacing them with a black background. Just want to get rid of them lol.

...Then aren't you better off just changing the CG number to a black background via events?

No, because this is for the Lyn_Ending event. You know how when the Lyn ending shows, the text scrolls and the background CGs show, I just want to get rid of CGs in the background.

Who said he's using the CG for events? He might be trying to get rid of them in the sound room. Just saying.

If you are, I think there should be some way mentioned in one of my resource threads--a table which controls what CGs are shown. I think the offset is 0xCE5088 or something but this is off the top of my head so I could be totally wrong.

Who said he's using the CG for events? He might be trying to get rid of them in the sound room. Just saying.

If you are, I think there should be some way mentioned in one of my resource threads--a table which controls what CGs are shown. I think the offset is 0xCE5088 or something but this is off the top of my head so I could be totally wrong.

Can you send me the link to the resource thread? I been looking for an half an hour trying to find the CGs offset to replace. I'll appreciate it :)

Edited by NYZgamer3

Sorry, but I'm on my phone. Check the obscure hacking thread. It's definitely in the 0xCE0000 area; look for words of CG values lined up. Otherwise I might be able to get you the info tonight if I didn't post it here or something.

Sorry, but I'm on my phone. Check the obscure hacking thread. It's definitely in the 0xCE0000 area; look for words of CG values lined up. Otherwise I might be able to get you the info tonight if I didn't post it here or something.

Okay, I found the thread, but that's for sound room. How about for the Lyn_ending event? How do I replace those with just a black background? Do I just go to the offset in Hex and change it or do I go to GBAGE to change it? I remember having the image offset for the Lyn CGs last time, but I lost it lol.

I'm guessing simply changing the palette to all black could work for you.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's an alternate way to go about it.

You don't even need the image offset.

Just find the (multiple) palettes [via the many methods] for the CGs and replace them all with black.

One way I remember is to use the palette viewer on VBA and go to that offset in the memory viewer, copy... and then search for it in the ROM itself (since I don't think the CG palettes are compressed).

Edited by shadowofchaos