Hope Never Dies: Chat

Eail

Okay so, I actually need to ask for some help now for this thing because I've literally run face first into a wall. This is pretty much everything I've come up with so far involving numbers. What I need help with now is the finer points, such as weapon details, damage calc, a points system or now, how to handle ammo, range? Stuff like this and also how many points i should even just allow at the start for stats, and also how those should affect weapons. I had originally planned on using a grind system such as this.

https://docs.google....pCZV9PM2c#gid=0

With the primary thing being a Cover system (more on this later), but if it's deemed too complicated I'll ditch it and go with a system similar to RotE. But uh, for now lets just see everything I have for now k?

MAIN STATS

Grit: Ability to hold morale under tight situations. Or possibly Melee Strength?

Marksmanship: Ability to kill people with guns. More important for precision weaponry. Damage

Precision: Accuracy

Evasion: Ability to evade shots. Denotes 'hit points' - the abstract of close shots until serious injury. HP could be 17 + (3xEvasion).

Luck: Gotta keep a secret yeah?

Mechanics: Deals with mechanics. I actually need this somehow but I just don't know. The guy in charge (plus bridge bunnies) will be commanding from a Tank, but how to translate that into this is beyond me. Perhaps repairs for an Engineer character? Could also be transformed into a Medic ability thing

Not sure how many points given at start. Cap of 10, maybe 20 points to start with? (4 in each stat if most balanced)

TAKING HITS

Damage:The firepower of the weapon minus your cover is taken out of your HP.Run out of HP and you take a serious wound; roll a d6.

1-3 Minor Wound Fight on, on a single HP. Future rolls on this table during the battle will be rolled with a +1.

4-5 Wounded You are out of the fight, assistance is needed

6 Heavily wounded- The character needs assistance and will be unable to participate in the next battle unless a LUCK point is spent

Cover is the equivalent of armor Areas denoted as different strengths of cover on the map. 'Weak' cover, such as sandbags, gets weakened by 1 mitigation every attack that is fired towards a man inside it.Explosive fire directed at weak cover destroys the cover on that tile. Other, stronger cover merely gets weakened by 1 mitigation for every explosive attack.

MOVEMENT

You can move in lieu of an action every turn. You have three choices;

Cautious Move forward/backward 2 spaces, in cover.

Sprint Move 4 spaces, but attacks against you get a +1 to hit.

Charge Move 2 spaces and either shoot or attack, but the shot takes a -1 tohit and attacks against you get a +1 to hit.

Example of Weapon Stats

Standard Rifle

Accuracy:5 + MRK

Range:Medium (5)

Tommy Gun

Firepower:10 + (MRK/2)

Range:Short (4)

Grenade

Firepower: 3 Range: Very short (3)

Explosive = More damage to cover

GRID SYSTEM

https://docs.google....pCZV9PM2c#gid=0

Range

1 Melee weapons

2 Shotguns

3 Pistols and thrown explosives

4 Submachine guns and traditional ranged weaponry

5 combat rifles and launched explosives

6 Sniper Rifles

7 Mounted Machine guns and/or artillery (ie tanks)

Edited by Eail

I'd say the number of starting points could depend on just how any additional points are gained, if there are any more to gain.

I was actually up in the air about this one, possibly a "Level up" type system and you're given point upon reaching the next tier. Really this is also something I'm having trouble with

Well, if it's like RotE with a set amount of points to distribute per Level Up and a restriction on their distribution, other things to consider are like, just how many level ups are you allowing overall. Since with that you can try to establish possible "caps" on the stats, and determine a % of that for "bases" with the corresponding initial pile for distribution.

I get what you're saying here. Didn't plan on giving out classes so there really isn't any base stat limit, just caps, a leveling system still in the works possibly based around mission objectives or kills. I might cap it out at level ten but hell even that seems like it might be too much.

I'm just not sure, lets just chalk it up to the fact I took a state mandated test today and my brain is fried

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING YO