Aversa

PuffPuff

Her death really gets to u. As it is more like a revenge plot in the end than anything else. In both versions, she was off to get revenge on you for killing Validar. Although, it says here that she was actually being used by him for his little pawn when it doesn't mention anywhere in either version that she was being used by him. Could it be that she actually loved him? In the English version, she wants to join him in death. After giving her the finishing blow, she says "That never felt better." Seemed to be that she had nothing left to live for. But however in the Japanese version, she kept saying Death during her battle sequence. Seemed to me that in that version, she goes into a rage of despair. Dammit. Where's Rey when you need him? I know that her dialogue changes differ in these versions. What does she actually say when you confront her in the second to the last chapter in the game (Japanese Version) as she kept saying "Kill you." "Death!" Seemed to me that she was rage quitting going into a rage. Her death really gets to you as in both versions, she makes you pay for her love Validar's death.

Edited by ポーラ

Validar basically raised her, alongside the Avatar, she basically considers them to be her family.

(Chrom vs Aversa, Chap 22

Chrom:Who is Validar? Why do you follow him?

Aversa:He is...a father to me.

Chrom:...What?! But... You're Avatar's sister?!

Aversa: Aha ha ha! You damn fool! Not literally... But he did raise me as if I were his own. Taught me everything... I was a poor orphaned wretch with dirt for food, yet Master Validar took me in. He provided when others would have watched me starve. I would never presume that he loves me... But he's everything I know of love. I would gladly die at his command. )

Until it's revealed in her spotpass chapter that Validar massacared her entire village IIRC, to gain her power, brainwashed her into thinking he was her savior and raised her to be his little weapon XD

It makes me feel a little bad for Aversa. D: " I would never presume that he loves me... But he's everything I know of love.". That really hit me with something, pity and sympathy at once. There are people in this world who's definition of love is mistreatment, being used, being abused... It made me sad. I really hated Aversa until I had Chrom fight her.

Validar basically raised her, alongside the Avatar, she basically considers them to be her family.

(Chrom vs Aversa, Chap 22

Aversa: Aha ha ha! You damn fool! Not literally... But he did raise me as if I were his own. Taught me everything... I was a poor orphaned wretch with dirt for food, yet Master Validar took me in. He provided when others would have watched me starve. I would never presume that he loves me... But he's everything I know of love. I would gladly die at his command. )

Well...that's a reason for revenge. So Validar actually killed her family in the fire, or...?

Until it's revealed in her spotpass chapter that Validar massacared her entire village IIRC, to gain her power, brainwashed her into thinking he was her savior and raised her to be his little weapon XD

-.-

It makes me feel a little bad for Aversa. D: " I would never presume that he loves me... But he's everything I know of love.". That really hit me with something, pity and sympathy at once. There are people in this world who's definition of love is mistreatment, being used, being abused... It made me sad. I really hated Aversa until I had Chrom fight her.

Really? What did she say?

Didn't have Chrom fight her.

Edited by ポーラ

Yeah, Aversa has a biiiiit of a messed up past. Validar remains completely unsympathetic, and if you're playing Female Avatar, if they didn't change the support, you get to have 3 supports full of catfights over who's the better tactician.

EDIT She said the exerpt I posted above, the full conversation is

Chrom:A final question, witch, before you die-

Aversa:Oh? Then perhaps one final answer, boy, before you fail...

Aversa: Aha ha ha! You damn fool! Not literally... But he did raise me as if I were his own. Taught me everything... I was a poor orphaned wretch with dirt for food, yet Master Validar took me in. He provided when others would have watched me starve. I would never presume that he loves me... But he's everything I know of love. I would gladly die at his command.

Chrom: Even knowing his actions will destroy the world?

Aversa: But he IS the world-and it is YOU that would destroy HIM! From where I stand, YOU are the only aggressor here. How Avatar lives with the shame, attacking his/her own blood...

Chrom: Avatar sees beyond himself/herself, to the larger reality. One person's life means nothing in the shadow of millions.

Aversa: A sweet sentiment, and easily spoken when you bear no love for the one... But more difficult when the sacrifice was your exalted sister, wasn't it? I don't expect you to see the world through my eyes, Prince. But I won't pretend to understand how things look through yours.

Chrom: ...Then I suppose there is nothing more to say.

Aversa: No, I suppose there isn't.

Edited by Wheels

I really hated Aversa until I had Chrom fight her.

Yeah.

But there is one thing that doesn't really make Aversa all that sympathetic for? She knew that Gangrel was going to die in the future, yet she never told him about it. Maybe she was being kind as to not put him in a panic.

EDIT:

Chrom: Avatar sees beyond himself/herself, to the larger reality. One person's life means nothing in the shadow of millions.

Seems to me that she is actually naive to the crucial point of things, or doesn't care about anyone else.

Edited by ポーラ

Aversa didn't like Gangrel at all, IIRC. She was only by his side because Validar told her to be, and feigned any approval she had for him. He did the same, because he knew she was just using him to further Validar's plans. It's in one of the bonus materials Rey translated in his LP, it's why in the final battle against Gangrel that Aversa is nowhere to be found. IIRC, she revealed she was just using him, and she was going to leave him to die, and he was all like "You think i'm an idiot, I knew you were using me." and talks about his past for a while, and Aversa ditches him.

Aversa didn't like Gangrel at all, IIRC. She was only by his side because Validar told her to be, and feigned any approval she had for him. He did the same, because he knew she was just using him to further Validar's plans. It's in one of the bonus materials Rey translated in his LP, it's why in the final battle against Gangrel that Aversa is nowhere to be found. IIRC, she revealed she was just using him, and she was going to leave him to die, and he was all like "You think i'm an idiot, I knew you were using me." and talks about his past for a while, and Aversa ditches him.

If Gangrel knew that she used him, why did he agree to be on her side without getting upset till his battling chapter?

Another thing that I don't get is why didn't Validar adopt a genuine orphan to make his pawn? There are plenty of them due to the massive numbers of wars, bandit raids, ETC. If he had done that, they probably would've remained loyal to Grima. But then again, maybe I shouldn't expect much from a guy doing everything for a goal that he knows will get himself killed.

I think Awakening has some of the weakest mani antagonists overall.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Another thing that I don't get is why didn't Validar adopt a genuine orphan to make his pawn? There are plenty of them due to the massive numbers of wars, bandit raids, ETC. If he had done that, they probably would've remained loyal to Grima. But then again, maybe I shouldn't expect much from a guy doing everything for a goal that he knows will get himself killed.

I think Awakening has some of the weakest mani antagonists overall.

Pretty sure he adopted her because of her Shadowgift, at least that's how I interpreted some of her statements in the Spotpass map.

Pretty sure he adopted her because of her Shadowgift, at least that's how I interpreted some of her statements in the Spotpass map.

I haven't played the English one... but man, they must have changed the dialogue then.

43198954.png

I haven't played the English one... but man, they must have changed the dialogue then.

Can't say for sure from just that screenshot, but all she mentions is something along the lines of "special gifts." She does still talk about how she was normal otherwise.

Can't say for sure from just that screenshot, but all she mentions is something along the lines of "special gifts." She does still talk about how she was normal otherwise.

She doesn't mention crap about that.

"He thought I'd be of use to him."

It's extremely vague. There was no mention of her being special.

Ending chapter dialogue starts at 17:04.

Edited by shadowofchaos

She doesn't mention crap about that.

"He thought I'd be of use to him."

It's extremely vague. There was no mention of her being special.

Ending chapter dialogue starts at 17:04.

...So he just thinks this random village girl will be of use to him for no particular reason? I can see why the localizers tried to at least add something.

I can see why the localizers tried to at least add something.

You can say that about the entire game.

But anyways, I didn't particularly care much about her anyway.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The thing is, was Dark Blessing/Shadowgift a natural ability? Or did she obtain it as she turned into the "Aversa" you know?

As for me, I don't give a crap.

That philosophical "Fountain of Truth" stuff was more interesting to me than her backstory.

...So he just thinks this random village girl will be of use to him for no particular reason? I can see why the localizers tried to at least add something.

So he just goes through all that trouble just for one random villager girl of average abilities when he could've just adopted any random war orphan.

Thank heaven for the localizers in this case.

Thank heavens for the localizers also changing the tone in M!Avatar and Aversa's supports! The "not-by-blood stepsibling" thing that crops up in Japanese media needed a thorough mocking! cool.gif