this is freaking insane...

i'm playing ch.14 and i'm in an impossible situation.

I have slow, crappy units against wyvern lords with silver freaking lances. I have sleeping units across the field, and at the rate I'm moving Roy won't get to the throne in 25 turns. Flying's out of the question because meredy is crap and thany is weak.

Even with Lugh and Dieck promoted I can't break through without losing anyone...

At least in FE4 most your units had enough HP to surive atleast ONE hit...

i'm playing ch.14 and i'm in an impossible situation.

I have slow, crappy units against wyvern lords with silver freaking lances. I have sleeping units across the field, and at the rate I'm moving Roy won't get to the throne in 25 turns. Flying's out of the question because meredy is crap and thany is weak.

Even with Lugh and Dieck promoted I can't break through without losing anyone...

At least in FE4 most your units had enough HP to surive atleast ONE hit...

If slow people is the problem, then folks like Lance, Rutgar, and Gonzales are your best bet in terms of speed. There's also Shin and Fir, but Shin forces you to go to Sacae (the harder route) and Fir is underleveled. If Wyvern Lord is the problem, then a promoted Gonzales should be able to decimate it. If this is Hard Mode, it's always best to rely on the units that recieved Hard Mode bonuses. (at this point, Rutgar, Shin, Fir, Gonzales, and Miledy, don't let Percival join you in chapter 13 on Hard Mode, he'll have bonuses on 15) For your sleeping problems, a restore staff is your best bet. If your people are underleveled or something, you're pretty much doomed.

That's the desert one right? I used Thany and Miledy (Who were TOTALLY AWESOME for me) to bring slower units up closer and left a few units behind to clean up, mainly swords like Dieck and Chad. Geese also helped, as well as Sue and Alan and Ray and Lugh and Lilina.

If slow people is the problem, then folks like Lance, Rutgar, and Gonzales are your best bet in terms of speed. There's also Shin and Fir, but Shin forces you to go to Sacae (the harder route) and Fir is underleveled. If Wyvern Lord is the problem, then a promoted Gonzales should be able to decimate it. If this is Hard Mode, it's always best to rely on the units that recieved Hard Mode bonuses. (at this point, Rutgar, Shin, Fir, Gonzales, and Miledy, don't let Percival join you in chapter 13 on Hard Mode, he'll have bonuses on 15) For your sleeping problems, a restore staff is your best bet. If your people are underleveled or something, you're pretty much doomed.

Mounted units are a no go in the sands, even if my lance is decent. I'm not using Gonzo and my rutger is already 20 and I don't have anohter promotion item for him so using him at this point is rather useless. I brought shin cause I thought his class had better movement. It doesn't. My units levels aren't the problem. Most are near 20 except for my more recent additions. I don't have a restore staff.

I figure I'll play it again and allow useless units to die. But I won't start my game over under any circumstances.

Mounted units are a no go in the sands, even if my lance is decent. I'm not using Gonzo and my rutger is already 20 and I don't have anohter promotion item for him so using him at this point is rather useless. I brought shin cause I thought his class had better movement. It doesn't. My units levels aren't the problem. Most are near 20 except for my more recent additions. I don't have a restore staff.

I figure I'll play it again and allow useless units to die. But I won't start my game over under any circumstances.

Can I see your main team and their stats? I could give you advice on where you went wrong. If nothing else, a good axe user, which if you don't use Gonzales, Dieck would be your best choice, is a must in chapter 20. It's super tough Wyvern Riders galore. Also, on the your next playthrough, these two routes are your best bet.

10-11 A You go there by visiting the left village in chapter nine. (of the 2 villages right next to each other) This is the best choice thanks to:

Easier situation to recruit Klein and Tate

Much better Gonzales. (is level 5 with same stats as his level 11 version, plus he starts with a C in axes instead of D)

Echidna is >>>>> Bartre, she's actually decent for a few chapters.

Lalum is better than Elphin, in the sense that both would die in one hit, but Lalum has a better chance at dodging.

Then there's the Ilia route. I think it's the Pegasus Knight level overall is greater than the Nomad level, but it didn't work for me one time. But overall, it's much easier, you deal with Pegasus Knights instead of surprisingly tough Nomads.

Yes, all this doesn't help your desert situation, but this is advice for your next playthrough.

Edited by Kintenbo

The team I'm using now: (excluding meredy)

Roy Lv.15

HP: 29

S/M: 8

Def: 9

Res: 2

Skl: 9

Lck: 17

Spd: 16

Support: Lilina A, Lance C, Alan C

Lilina Lv. 16

HP: 24

S/M: 16

Def: 2

Res: 15

Skl: 10

Lck: 13

Spd: 6

Support: Roy A

Chad Lv.14

HP: 25

S/M: 7

Def: 4

Res: 3

Skl: 12

Lck: 8

Spd: 20

Support: Lugh C

Geese Lv. 13

HP: 35

S/M: 12

Def: 8

Res: 1

Lck: 11

Spd: 10

Support:

Ray Lv.15

Def: 6

Res: 11

Lck: 7

Spd: 11

Ellen Lv. 15

HP: 21

Def: 1

Res: 13

Skl: 8

Lck: 20

Lugh Lv. 2

HP: 33

S/M: 14

Def: 7

Skl: 20

Lck: 10

Spd: 21

Support: Chad C, Ray C, Ellen C

Dieck Lv. 2

HP: 46

S/M: 19

Def: 14

Res: 4

Skl: 19

Lck: 9

Support:

Shin Lv. 18

HP: 34

Res: 0

Skl: 16

Spd: 17

Support:

Thany Lv.13

S/M: 9

Res: 6

Skl: 13

Spd: 18

Support:

Alan Lv.19

HP: 36

Support: Lance A, Roy C

Lance Lv.17

HP: 32

S/M: 10

Spd: 14

Support: Alan A, Roy C

Rutger Lv. 20

Support:

The team I'm using now: (excluding meredy)

Roy Lv.15

HP: 29

S/M: 8

Skl: 9

Lck: 17

Support: Lilina A, Lance C, Alan C

Ouch, his strength and skill got screwed. You might want to pump him up with any Energy Ring you find.

Lilina Lv. 16

HP: 24

Def: 2

Res: 15

Spd: 6

Support: Roy A

Yeah, speed got screwed. She's not really that great. If you ever do a Hard Mode playthrough, it's best not to use her.

Chad Lv.14

Def: 4

Hmm, his strength seems lower than average, but it's not like thieves were meant to fight anyways.

Geese Lv. 13

HP: 35

Res: 1

Lck: 11

Support:

If you went B route, meaning Gonzales was level 11, then I guess you made a decent choice. If not, then Gonzales is a ton better than Geese, especially in hard mode. (up to 10 more HP than Geese, at level 5? I'll take Gonzales, please) They have about even stats, but Gonzales will be level 5! Like I said, it's best to go A route. (once you do use Gonzales, you might want to give him the Secret Book you got in Chapter 8, and give him something other than that Devil Axe) Gonzales is highly recommendable if you do a Hard Mode playthrough. (like all the other folks that get Hard Mode bonuses, except for Garret, he just sucks)

Ray Lv.15

Def: 6

Res: 11

Lck: 7

Whoa, he got screwed as well, man.

Ellen Lv. 15

HP: 21

Def: 1

Skl: 8

Lck: 20

Meh, you would of been much better off with Clarine. Sure, she has very low magic, but everything else is great about her. Ellen is alright, but not nearly as good as Clarine. If nothing else, she can move freely in the sand, thus using the restore staff to wake up sleeping people.

Lugh Lv. 2

HP: 33

Spd: 21

Support: Chad C, Ray C, Ellen C

I take it he's promoted. He seems to be on the right track. His magic is usually this low, but it doesn't matter when your enemies don't have much resistance. If you give him an Aircalibur, those Wyvern Lords are as good as dead. You still have a chance on your stuck chapter.

Dieck Lv. 2

HP: 46

S/M: 19

Res: 4

Skl: 19

Lck: 9

Support:

He got a bit on the slow side, but he's still nice. Good Defense right there.

Shin Lv. 18

HP: 34

Skl: 16

Spd: 17

Support:

He seems to be on the right track, so keep going on. You might not want to overlevel him compared to your Pegasus Knights if you want to go to the Ilia route. Unfortuanately, it seems too late, though.

Thany Lv.13

S/M: 9

Res: 6

Spd: 18

Support:

She's not really that great. Her strength is actually on average, which is sad. If nothing else, if you start powerleveling her, you might make it to Ilia. She does suck on average though, it's unfortunate, since Ilia is the easier route.

Alan Lv.19

Support: Lance A, Roy C

What happened to his speed? Oh well, he's close to promotion, so go for it!

Lance Lv.17

HP: 32

S/M: 10

Spd: 14

Support: Alan A, Roy C

Well, he got a bit screwed. How unfortunate.

Rutger Lv. 20

Support:

Once you get a Hero Crest, you're set. You might want some supports on him though, and give him an Energy Ring or two.

Analysis of individual characters are in bold. Overall, it seems like a ton of RNG screwage on your level ups. Some are a matter of bad pick of characters, though. If you have an Aircalibur, I recommend giving it to Lugh. He'll easily destroy those Wyvern Lords that are giving you trouble.

Edited by Kintenbo

I hate that desert map with Sophia in it.

-Limited movements from the from the desert map. (Hard to rescue her especially when you want items burried in the sand somewhere that you probably won't get the Gaiden stage on time.)

-Fog of war. (Difficult to see your enemies of where they are.)

-FE6 Dragon Riders wondering around in the map like that + 2 Gay Berserkers and bunch of Brigands later in their turn. (One hit from them is all they need to slaughter Sophia.)

Yeah shes so hard to train...

I just finished this map yesterday, and for me, it was all about magic. The key was having Lilina. She just tore everyone up and could actually move. Then when Sofiya picked up that Guiding Ring I passed it off and promoted her immediately. I led with Dieck (Hero) so that he could tank whatever came him way and followed him up with my slew of mages and healers - I was using Lilina (Sage), Saul (Priest), Clarine (Valkyrie), Cecilia (Valkyrie). I also used Sue (since I just promoted her to Nomad Trooper) and her bows ripped those wyverns apart. Then I had Roy/Geese/Rutger/Fir as backup for Dieck.

I did lose people a couple of times, but as long as I was careful I was fine. By the time I got to the good ground (where you could actually move), I would just take Dieck out front with an Iron Axe and let him tank the Wyverns. Then Cecilia and Clarine could come up from behind and wipe them with magic.

Lugh was benched because he was Lvl. 20 and I didn't have an extra Guiding Ring on hand to promote him. I used Miredy, but only to cart Astohl around so he could pick up treasure, so they were a nonfactor.

Looks like you just have a tough time and a bad lineup. I personally just flat benched the Pegasi because they are glass-cannons. They have their uses, but they take a hit about as well as Elphin. If you're having so much trouble, consider benching your usual squad and maybe try a couple of pre-promotes: Bartre comes to mind (if you got him) as a decent candidate to give you a bit of extra beef against those Wyverns. Or Klein too, he's got good evade and can help down people from a distance.

that's a pretty tight spot you're in.

in the early chapters, i choose the units that i'm going to use in the whole game. And i try to use them in EVERY SINGLE chapter. But if that's what you did, then i don't have something else in mind.

btw, that roy is quite similar as mine. In stats of course (that's why i never liked him ¬¬)