Fire Emblem Awakening Drama CD Volume 1

I'm praying the FeMU is watashi 2. I don't like the atashi voice.

Also, it better not even hint at pairings... especially that one.

(\ ò _ ó)\ ┯━┯

Otherwise innocent emoji tables will be flipped.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it better not even hint at pairings... especially that one.

(\ ò _ ó)\ ┯━┯

Otherwise innocent emoji tables will be flipped.

Not a single pairing is hinted in this CD.

I doubt they'd break the pattern.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Reading all of the info about this makes my brain scream, "WANT! So much want!"

...Looking forward to eventually listening to them with subs on YouTube. (ノ> ◇ <)ノ♪

:facepalm: If we're done embarrassing ourselves ...

I'm still not wholly sure what a Drama CD is.

lol an FE drama CD. Glad no pairings were so much as hinted at all. Good to know that, shadowofchaos. We don't need no more ship raging. xP

You mean that Lissa X MU, let alone any pairing wasn't revealed at ALL?

tumblr_m223weuQwM1rody9mo1_400.gif

I see people *STILL* aren't paying attention.

I doubt that.

They'll just pull whatever they do on OVA's and crap where the main character has more than one option:

1) Alternate versions for all the girls.

2) All of them.

3) None of them and just keep it as obscure as it was before the media.

If you were actually serious... congratulations. You successfully annoyed the hell out of me.

Not even whoever's Chrom's marriage partner in the fist track was revealed. Which totally means it was generic village girl.

You know, I want to be more of a jerk... I really do.

But I'll refrain from that.

Think of it this way... remember times before TV was invented and families gathered around the radio for their favorite shows in America?

Drama CDs contain skits, etc. from the media... like how some CDs have the voice actors and actresses act out scenarios from a manga that didn't get enough funding in an anime or something.

Or like this... side stories during the events of the FE13.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Haha, I totally wouldn't have guessed the star performer was Robin. It does make sense though.

Also, I'm quite impressed they dodged the pairing hints. Y'know, I was wondering why I couldn't find any flame wars on Japanese message boards...

...And yeah it seems pairings are serious business; I can't count the number of times I've seen the word "canon" appear in GameFAQs topic titles...

Another thing that's gonna be confusing for people familiar with the localization...

Chrom took the title of "Exalt" right after Chapter 12 in the Japanese version... which Rufure talks about in the Drama CD.

In the localization, he only gets that title after the ending.

Sorry about that. I'm actually quite optimistic about the CD, with how Rey and his Olivia Waffle Avatar is desiring moar. To atone, I'll try and explain what a drama CD is:

A way to have fans toss money angrily at their screens

They're short skits of voiced dialogue with accompanying sound effects and an OST track in the background, either condensing the events of the story, focusing on character interactions through a standalone storyline, or filling in for backstory that wasn't covered in the game/anime/etc. Most of the time it's supplementary material and not needed to understand the original story, but it can be very helpful and entertaining. They can be very dramatic (The Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Tales of Symphonia CDs come to mind) or more lighthearted (The Persona 4 Drama CD I've listened to was pretty funny). I think the Awakening CDs are going in the more humorous direction, like referencing the Triangle Attack or having Cordelia misinterpret MMU's interest in Chrom as unrequited love like her own.

Edited by Perlia

Apparently the next Drama CD installment has been confirmed and there will be details forthcoming.

Maribelle and Olivia/Nah's voice actors will most likely be participating.

Edited by VincentASM

Apparently the next Drama CD installment has been confirmed and there will be details forthcoming.

Maribelle and Olivia/Nah's voice actors will most likely be participating.

Yes, I'm aware the "desu" character has the same voice actress.

JUST TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY ALREADY.

Oh yeah, I might have jumped the gun a little I blame the Olivia fan in me.

The voice cast hasn't been determined yet, so it's possible those VAs aren't actually in it, but there are some signs.

@Perlia: That comment about "if we're done embarrassing ourselves" was more specifically directed at Darth Vader guy above me.

And so that's what a Drama CD is, got it.

@Perlia: That comment about "if we're done embarrassing ourselves" was more specifically directed at Darth Vader guy above me.

And so that's what a Drama CD is, got it.

Alright, thanks. I thought the general mention of shipping hints was annoying you, so I being on the safe side.

I'm more annoyed at "canon" wars, where people either won't accept the canon that has been established by the creators (Avatar the Last Airbender, Harry Potter) or argue over what is canon and what isn't when there is no established canon (FE).

Well... I guess this pretty much kills it for me. I was hoping for more somthing more permanent not silly side stories.

O' well I guess I'll have to hope for FE14 or something else then.