JFierce's. Not so Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Portraits.

JFierce

I had some time to waste I thought I would try making your style a bit more FE-like °w°

Plz dun kill me, I have good intentions lol and otherwise i don't think anyone could give you actual crits if you just want to stick to your own style xD so yeah, Nih tries to crit everybody cause today is cnc day °w°

2AERK.png

i tried fixing the "blockiness" and changed the shading on the face a bit, to make it more interesting/realistic i guess xD

I must say I do love them all, especially because your shading reminds me of those retro SNES games, which is amazn xD

lol I like it. Main problem for me is. It's half about getting it to look good, and half me trying to get it to look like people I know. Especially for a lot of these starting characters.

I actually like the little shading above. The only thing I can't do is the shading on the lower left chin. Mainly because while it's not as easy to see with this character since he's dark haired. But the lighting generally comes from the left side. Guess that's going to be my little 'signature style' so to speak lol. So light on the left and shading on the left tend to contradict. I might grab a bit of the antialiasing on the hair in the above though and a bit more on the right side. I can't change it too too much like give bright eyes as much, it would look good but my friend would be like "HEY! Now it looks nothing like me, I'm not that pretty!" lol. I had friends make me change my personal portrait (my newer avatar) because I looked too pretty, or my jaw wasn't distinguished enough lol. Friends can be picky. Though I guess this style generally developed because they kept saying change it so it's turning out ok, my original sprites were a loooot different, these are way better than my first attempts awhile back lol.

Though it is just interesting seeing what people do to it. Especially if I start seeing people splice my stuff if they want later lol.

----------------------

On a side note hopefully can start doing more, kind of caught between two little projects was doing the FE hack with a friend then he dragged me and some friends into another little game we're doing on G+ so working with that for a bit. Then normal stuff in life keeping me busy. I'll probably crank out some more portraits at least theyr'e usually the easy part of my hack since I don't mind just drawing stuff. While hacking though, I have to get into a mind state, focus on story aspects, maps, gameplay etc etc etc.

And I can start adding the small versions to the same posts. I'll still just tack em' to the first post also because I like seeing the 'library' of portraits grow lol.

Edited by JFierce