A question about Marth

Dwalin2010

In the Fire Emblem wiki it's written Marth and Shiida are childhood friends, but in the Shadow Dragon prologue Marth seems to barely know about the kingdom of Talys where Shiida is from according to a dialogue and he isn't a child anymore. So was the plot changed in the remake or did he just forget about her?

EDIT: Sorry, I wanted to post in the General Fire Emblem forum, my mistake.

Edited by Dwalin2010

I figured Marth and Caeda became childhood friends in the timespan between Prologue IV and Chapter 1.

Although, to be honest, I can't remember if they really are "childhood friends" or not.

Looking over the MotE script, there is no mention that they were childhood friends either. Doesn't look like there was a retcon.

Come to think of it, in light of it, just where did the belief that they are childhood friends came from? Was it something that came from the OVA's, one of the mangas, or something?

In all official FE games (and the anime) it states/shows that Marth moved to Talys in his early teen years. Chapter 1 starts 2 years after moving to Talys. I guess if you count age 14-16 as still being his childhood, then the Fire Emblem wiki is correct about Marth being childhood friends with Sheeda (who Marth met only when he first moved to Talys, as was shown in the anime).