Experimental tier list

Can you even make a case here (and maybe even RD) that being a foot unit can be an actual advantage in this game? Since we usually assume that no mount = disadvantage besides mages in the desert (where they usually can't do much anyway - even Saleh on average can't take a safe turn against the WKs), and where having extra units would be good you just carry an additional mounted unit, the Tellius games have it different in that Cavs and fliers cannot be rescued and therefore they are either doing the work on their own or, if support is needed, they bring a foot buddy. I remember your LTC run exhibiting this often, with Haar carrying Boyd to places.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you even make a case here (and maybe even RD) that being a foot unit can be an actual advantage in this game? Since we usually assume that no mount = disadvantage besides mages in the desert (where they usually can't do much anyway - even Saleh on average can't take a safe turn against the WKs), and where having extra units would be good you just carry an additional mounted unit, the Tellius games have it different in that Cavs and fliers cannot be rescued and therefore they are either doing the work on their own or, if support is needed, they bring a foot buddy. I remember your LTC run exhibiting this often, with Haar carrying Boyd to places.

I don't think anyone would deny that mounts have disadvantages. That seems a little weird.

What they could argue, however, is that in most cases, mounts > foot units, which I think is true. There's no denying that foot units can do things mounted units can't, though.

Edited by Olwen

Ok so Stefan is obviously below Zihark since he costs turns to recruit. Nasir should be tied with or even below Ena since he costs turns and if we are being honest he can't seriously make any notable contributions over Ena.

Shinon should be top of low tier just from his contributions up through Chapter 7.

Mist down a bit. Elincia up a bit. Not sure how much though.

Other than that it looks pretty good at first glance.

Elincia moved to above Volke, Mist moved below the Paladins but above Boyd and Nasir moved to the very bottom of the tier list. Shinon to top of low tier.

Edited by Olwen