Beyond Dreams: Looking for a spriter!

lonelyVoxel

No problem, phobia! It probably saved this hack anyway, since Tier 2 would probably be messy if split promotion was possible. In any case, I hope to continue work on this hack tomorrow and will work on having at least one working chapter by the end of September for the first Beyond Dreams patch. 0.1 will feature Arch as she attempts to hold out on her own to save the village she calls home.

As is obvious, Legal Fanfare took a break from operations. I have recently moved across the country, and just haven't had time for this. Now that I'm settled in, I'll be on tomorrow to start progress back up. And too much FE10.

Edited by Big Time Timmy-Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? BTW to add the link to the pic, highlight it and then click the link button in the signature editor. Don't ask me why they made BBcoding weird here, I'm used to the c-box style where you put whatever around whatever.

Why not? BTW to add the link to the pic, highlight it and then click the link button in the signature editor. Don't ask me why they made BBcoding weird here, I'm used to the c-box style where you put whatever around whatever.

[url=blahblah][img=blah][/url]
[url=http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39258&][img]http://i.imm.io/1bVoq.png[/img][/url]

1bVoq.png

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask you guys something? Why is everyone either mapping or spriting? L95 said something about this, but that was probably never noticed. If anything, your map should be inserted and your events being tested. That way, you can at least show the public something is coming out, not just the main character portraits (Which are interesting... But not good). Keep spriting for last, because you have literally have nothing but mapping and/or spriting.

*sigh*

Now lets get on to the portraits... I am no way trying to offend people, but these sprites are just not the greatest =( (Also, I'm talking about your banner portraits.)

TopFarLeft Portrait: That's kinda lazy people... What did you do? Just recolor his hair blue? Nobody can be as handsome as Harken...

TopMidLeft Portrait: Who did this one? It's actually quite good...

TopMidRight Portrait: That one is probably the best so far. Aside from a few shading errors, it isn't bad.

TopFarRight Portrait: I don't really know.. It's not the best, but not the worst, either.

BottomFarLeft Portrait: Please tell me this will either be fixed or replaced. IT'S JUST WENDY, PEOPLE!

BottomMidLeft Portrait: Lacks shading on the right side of the baseball shirt. Other than that, pretty good.

BottomMidRight Portrait: Ohai Idoun :Idoun:

BottomFarRight Portrait: Meh... Pretty good...

Overall: Some of them lack goodness. Some need work. Others are just flat out lazy. But they all (except the smexy archer guy with Raven's hair) need alot of work.

(Once again, I am in no way offending anyone, they just don't look good...)

Send questions to Umiko-Hime about the sprites. She's usually on Chat, but PM with questions if she's not. You would be correct in saying they all need work, shmexy guy Will has too many colors. We are keeping Wendy, though. Sorry to offend you, but once that character becomes full, then craziness. The OP has not been updated in a long time, and hacking is actually being done. Big thanks to MasterKeeperâ„¢, who's helping me out getting started with hacking. Guess I better say stuff like that.

Edited by Forceman

Send questions to Umiko-Hime about the sprites. She's usually on Chat, but PM with questions if she's not. Ah, okay.

You would be correct in saying they all need work, shmexy guy Will has too many colors. Shmexy guy Will? Over 16 colors? NUUU

We are keeping Wendy, though. Sorry to offend you, but once that character becomes full, then craziness. Mm... I really don't care about you keeping Wendy, actually.

The OP has not been updated in a long time, and hacking is actually being done. Really? That's good news.

Big thanks to MasterKeeper, who's helping me out getting started with hacking. Guess I better say stuff like that. That's even greater news :D Good luck with hacking, I wish you luck.

Replies in bold if you haven't noticed. :D:

Edited by PixelmanFE

Cries tears of sadness at Wyv's comment.

But yeah, at the current pace we may have some decent screenshots shortly meaning when Force stops being lazy. We do need some dedicated beta testers, as in someone who is not working on the hack. I think Force has someone willing, but more opinions are always good.

That's later though, once we get some more stuff done.

Edited by Zephias

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I obtained a life. I literally just had the first downtime of my day. Anyway, I evented with Master a few days ago and it blew up the Prologue. NEEDSMOAREVENT

What exactly does thou mean, "Blew up?"

My middle age speaking needs improvement :P

This hack is looking pretty decent if eventing is getting troubling it may help to have another eye look at your script. I have been dabbling in solo hack and i had to learn eventing but ive got it down really good. But if anything is still needed to not let this hack die then i would be willing to help with anything that needs it.

What it means in this case is that the only event that happened was Lyn loaded with a Fire and Vulnerary. The screen was dark except for the flames coming from the bottom.

Best. Event. Ever.

Acknowledged Shugey and GK. Once we get a script that doesn't blow up the map what the hell did you do to that ROM, Force we'll send it to you for some balance testing.

I'll be working on story and some maps as well so if all goes well we may have at least 2 chapters done shortly.

Edited by Zephias