Beyond Dreams: Looking for a spriter!

lonelyVoxel

**sigh**

I gave Force the wrong template.

The one I meant to give him was the one identical to the one I actually gave him, except it had OOBB.

So it was simply an Opening Blackness problem.

**facepalm**

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of some rather specific reasons such as Force scrapping pretty much all we had done screens may take a bit longer than expected.

the story is coming along quite nicely, which makes me happy since I was put in charge of developing it. Maps are being redone at the moment (btw Force, I finished the dungeon map for chap 1) however I'm worried about something and wanted to ask for some opinions.

The current Incarnation of the 1st map gives the player more or less 8 playable units. On chapter 1. Even though I'm not against the idea, I'm worried what the reactions to it may be, so I wanted to ask as well.

I would have made a poll if this was my topic but oh well :b

One chapter is just fine if you do it right. But eight prologues? Are they in a row? Isn't that considered the worst part of FE12?

IMO, you should do what you're capable of doing with the level of skill you have instead of taking votes on what you should be doing. You're already fighting a hard battle hacking FE8, you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot by doing something that not only makes it harder on yourself, but might hurt the quality of the hack itself depending on how it's implemented.

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

I voted for the 4 Prologue things, because It allows character growths, while not being too long.

But I'll find 2 prologue to be fine as well, if it is to hard to makes. Or 3, with 2/3 news each time.

8 seems overdone, but 1 doesn't seems to be enough, so anything in between is OK in my book.

How many chapters is this hack supposed to have?

I know that FE8 doesn't like to have extra chapters added to its roster... meaning that it's very difficult to hack if you don't follow the original pattern (due to the world map mainly). Not loading the world map when it's supposed to happen will just make the game crash before the chapter can even start.

So, did you find a way to cope with this or do you just plan to use 8 chapter slots for the prologues? And what about the world map events?

I'm pretty sure they had switched FE7 a while back, considering when we were join.me-ing, his ROM was FE7. Unless he just wants to learn events with that.

But I thought FE8 events were entirely different so why...

One chapter is just fine if you do it right. But eight prologues? Are they in a row? Isn't that considered the worst part of FE12?

I don't remember seeing any sentiment like that on the FE12 boards (my dislike of it is because of the lack of features, not because they're prologues). I think it would be cool if people voting in the poll would explain why they chose what they did.

The reason I wanted a poll is because I feel that randomly giving you 8 characters, especially in the way planned, leaves a lot of loose ends.

I absolutely LOVE character development and backstories, so that more or less conflicts with my personal beliefs. personally I think 2-4 prologues are enough, since it allows me to show some interactions between the characters in chap 1 so it's not just OH GOD 8 RANDOM PEOPLE OUT OF NOWHERE TEAMED UP AND BECAME A BADASS ARMY BECAUSE WHY NOT.

The reason I wanted a poll is because I feel that randomly giving you 8 characters, especially in the way planned, leaves a lot of loose ends.

I absolutely LOVE character development and backstories, so that more or less conflicts with my personal beliefs. personally I think 2-4 prologues are enough, since it allows me to show some interactions between the characters in chap 1 so it's not just OH GOD 8 RANDOM PEOPLE OUT OF NOWHERE TEAMED UP AND BECAME A BADASS ARMY BECAUSE WHY NOT.

I agree. Personally, while I chose 2, it seems the most fitting would be 3 Paralog- I mean Prologues (too much FE13 lately).

I don't remember seeing any sentiment like that on the FE12 boards (my dislike of it is because of the lack of features, not because they're prologues). I think it would be cool if people voting in the poll would explain why they chose what they did.

Opinions may have changed since the game came out, but im pretty sure i recall the prologue being the most boring part of the game for various reasons (as you said, lack of features). I've yet to play FE12 myself, however, since it's japanese only, so my opinion on it doesn't have much ground. I usually see it mentioned here and there, but maybe not enough to call it a bad thing.

Anyway, it's not my hack, so whatever force decides to do is up to him. If he can make it work, more props. I wouldn't do it though, at least not as an inexperienced hacker, but that's just me.

Zeph and I are currently discussing stuff over join.me, and at this point it looks like three prologues with Chapter 1 being half a prologue, but all 8 characters are in it.

So... are you putting in a lot of character development if you're going for this idea? 8 characters wouldn't be hard to make.

Also, mind if we could see your map, if anything, you want a good map to kick start your game :D

Part of what Zephias and I are doing is making the Chapter one map. It'll be done today most likely, and if not it will be worked on more throughout the week. Also, the 8 characters in question are the ones that are in Part one. They will appear in Part two, but they are the only P1 characters.

Part of what Zephias and I are doing is making the Chapter one map. It'll be done today most likely, and if not it will be worked on more throughout the week. Also, the 8 characters in question are the ones that are in Part one. They will appear in Part two, but they are the only P1 characters.

Wait, so there's going to be moar characters?

Also, will the parts be one hack, or two seperate hacks? Just wondering.

Chapter one is not half prologue... It's just the first chapter for some characters. That does not make it a prologue.

Chapter one is the point of convergence for the prologues. It is the point where the actual story starts. Thus it can not be called a prologue just because it's Sho and Kattarina's first chapter.

Got it memorized?

Edited by Zephias

Chapter one is not half prologue... It's just the first chapter for some characters. That does not make it a prologue.

Chapter one is the point of convergence for the prologues. It is the point where the actual story starts. Thus it can not be called a prologue just because it's Sho and Kattarina's first chapter.

Got it memorized?

That doesn't answer my question.

Unless you weren't answering my question lol...

I was not, sorry. That's more a question for Force, though I think he told me it would be in some kind of Lyn mode --> Eli/Hect mode system.

Oh, okay! Just wondering.

Idea seems intersting... you do the writing, write?

dumb joke.

Edited by PixelmanFE