recommendations for new fire emblem players.

sunnyman

FE 7 explains the game the best, but FE 8 is the easiest. Stay away form the older games till you have more experience because there are a lot of different features in them that might confuse you.

FE 7 explains the game the best, but FE 8 is the easiest. Stay away form the older games till you have more experience because there are a lot of different features in them that might confuse you.

If you don't know what FE7 is, it's the first American game on the GBA, simply called Fire Emblem.

FE8 is Sacred Stones, also GBA.

FE9 is Path of Radiance, GCN, and FE10 is its sequel, Radiant Dawn on the Wii.

FE11/FEDS is Shadow Dragon on the DS. I don't know if you already know this, but I guess clarifying the names helps.

Anyway, yeah, FE7's 10 chapter tutorial holds your hand, but explains the game concepts well. Expect different games than Awakening. If you're most comfortable with Awakening's "roam around a map" overworld, try Sacred Stones, but all of them are good.

Personally, I enjoy Path of Radiance, but its prices are pretty high nowadays (I've seen it go for like $170 new on ebay, but used is cheaper, but still above 50). All of the games, except Shadow Dragon, can get pretty expensive, though, since they're out of print. Path of Radiance is pretty easy, and it has optional tutorials that pop up during the game's Easy Mode.

Depends on what you like most.

If the world map, go Sacred Stones. If the skills, go Path of Radiance. If the challenge, do Fire Emblem for the GBA. And, I guess, if the setting, Shadow Dragon.

If you don't know what FE7 is, it's the first American game on the GBA, simply called Fire Emblem.

FE8 is Sacred Stones, also GBA.

FE9 is Path of Radiance, GCN, and FE10 is its sequel, Radiant Dawn on the Wii.

FE11/FEDS is Shadow Dragon on the DS. I don't know if you already know this, but I guess clarifying the names helps.

Anyway, yeah, FE7's 10 chapter tutorial holds your hand, but explains the game concepts well. Expect different games than Awakening. If you're most comfortable with Awakening's "roam around a map" overworld, try Sacred Stones, but all of them are good.

Personally, I enjoy Path of Radiance, but its prices are pretty high nowadays (I've seen it go for like $170 new on ebay, but used is cheaper, but still above 50). All of the games, except Shadow Dragon, can get pretty expensive, though, since they're out of print. Path of Radiance is pretty easy, and it has optional tutorials that pop up during the game's Easy Mode.

thanks it helps which one is which because i knew the names but not the order they came out with. I will most likely try getting path of radiance and sacred stones to start with and go from there!!

I'd say FE7 (Blazing Sword) and FE9 (Path Of Radiance) are the best games for new players; they start out with easy situations and grow onwards with more complicated stuff, both give handy and clear tutorials on playing the games, and generally have the most straight difficulty line (apart from that one defense chapter in PoR) so you can get used to the game. There are also the basic sort of units you'd expect to pop up in each game; you have your usual Lv1 starting units, some more advanced ones as you go along and your typical Jeigan/Oifey.

FE 7 is a good introduction, FE 8 is easier and you can grind in the Tower/Skirmishes and has branching promotions so I think both would be ideal for a beginner. Although I might be biased about FE7 since it was the first one that I played.