Fire Emblem in Real Life

Wake

So, I was just bored and decided to make a topic(because we know my success rate for that in the past).

Simple question: how do you show your addiction for FE in real life. For example:

Shirts, stories in English class or other language classes, I'm not biased), or Dungeons and Dragons.

Speaking of the third, I find it impossible not to make myself a walking reference to FE in DandD.

Not to mention, in my adventures(I'm a DM), every single blacksmith is an Orc named Manuel. The story behind

this is that they are all identical twins, and their parents gave them all the same name. Yes, I came up with the

idea long before Awakening. Nintendo is watching me...

So yes, in all of my D and D adventures, I have a Mexican Orcish version of Anna.

I would love feedback, as long as it isn't negative.

Edited by Mason The Tactician

Sadly, i havent played much DnD since getting really into the series. But i did try to recreate a World of Darkness version of Soren. Omg he was a badass.

Other than saying "hey play Fire Emblem" and occasionally blurting out quotes, not much. :/

Every time I try to convert my minions(because I don't have friends) to FE, I get defamed and driven away with torches and pitchforks to shouts of "WEEABOO! KILL THE WEEABOO!!"

FE has had some effect on my writing. Some characters from FE are great influences for characters in my fantasy stories. I also tried the Black Knight's Eclipse once while fencing, I lost that round. Most of all is whenever I watch a movie, if someone attacks a spearman with a sword, a little thing inside my brain hurts. Same goes for the rest of the triangle. Then someone pulls out a mace and my mind get fucked up.

Other than fangasming every time someone asks me about it:

It influences my artwork. Considering I am an art student, this means it affects my schoolwork. I cannot draw fanart for my projects, but I can be inspired and manipulate ideas from the game.

I have named tons of pets (I'm an animal person and have had over 100 fish, rodents, and all that) after various characters, weapons, even a place from the games.

Adults always were so confused as to why a 12 yr old's pets had such dramatic names.

"Your friends' bunnies are named Thumper and Cocoa, why is yours name Matthew?"

Dad: "So what is your new goldfish's name?"

Me: "Erk."

Dad: "Uhhhh okay..."

I named a blue hooded rat Ike XD

Once I had two rats and a Betta named Durandal, Armads, and Sol Katti.

Currently I have two gerbils named Chrom and Henry :)

Fire Emblem is the major reason I love dragons. So I've collected lots of figurines and stuff of dragons as a result.

My first cosplay was of Soren :) I plan on doing more of Henry and General Petrine in the years to come (FE cosplays are friggen expensive!)

My hair was a victim of my fandom. I used to wear it like Marisa in early high school, and then I began dying it dark green like General Petrine in my sophomore year, now I generally have it black with choppy bangs like Soren (after the cosplay, I realized it looked good that way.)

I have added a symbol to the end of my signature that is a compilation of the triforce and Soren's brand. I've been signing my name like that for about 6 years now. The hand-movement has become so natural to me that sometimes I accidentally include it when I sign checks and stuff (luckily it hasn't caused any problems.)

I use the term "mi'lady" regularly. (Mi'lord weirds people out for some reason. So I stick to "Sir" for men.)

It was a major reason I decided to take Japanese in high school, which led to me taking 4 years of it, meeting the majority of my best friends, and even going to Japan twice.

I dream about Fire Emblem. Not regularly, but it happens.

I have a mini FE "Shrine" in my bookshelf. It really isn't much, just all the the game cases I have (FE2-11 and 13), the VHS of the OVA, And the Thracia 776 bundle thingy (with the wyvern/pegasus plushies and stuffs :D). Lol I tried.

I have printed out a bunch of pics of characters and tacked them in my room (I have a few Nintendo Power Posters too.)

These are all just little things, but Fire Emblem has made a big impact on my life. Even though on the surface most people wouldn't even notice.

FE has had some effect on my writing. Some characters from FE are great influences for characters in my fantasy stories. I also tried the Black Knight's Eclipse once while fencing, I lost that round. Most of all is whenever I watch a movie, if someone attacks a spearman with a sword, a little thing inside my brain hurts. Same goes for the rest of the triangle. Then someone pulls out a mace and my mind get fucked up.

I feel embarrassed for you with the fencing thing.

Anyhow, I don't know if I publicly display my love for the games in any other way but discussing them. I have a few friends who play the series, so typically I'll just talk about it in casual conversation. I don't own any memorabilia, other than the games. Some of the names in the series interest me, and I'll use them if I ever need a stock name, but sometimes I don't even have to resort to that.

So, I was just bored and decided to make a topic(because we know my success rate for that in the past).

Simple question: how do you show your addiction for FE in real life. For example:

Shirts, stories in English class or other language classes, I'm not biased), or Dungeons and Dragons.

Speaking of the third, I find it impossible not to make myself a walking reference to FE in DandD.

Not to mention, in my adventures(I'm a DM), every single blacksmith is an Orc named Manuel. The story behind

this is that they are all identical twins, and their parents gave them all the same name. Yes, I came up with the

idea long before Awakening. Nintendo is watching me...

So yes, in all of my D and D adventures, I have a Mexican Orcish version of Anna.

I would love feedback, as long as it isn't negative.

Why does Lyn have stats above 20? I'm not REALLY familiar with DnD, but I guess this isn't a legitimate character sheet. What's it for then?

If this is an actual character sheet for a campaign though, I'm confused. A +27 modifier in a game with a 20-sided die is pretty insane (in a stupid, pointless way).

This almost reminds me of those FE-character stat pages people would generate on like, FEPlanet, and everyone would be a Hero/Swordmaster with capped everything and a lame Prf sword with fire and stuff. I don't know if that's negative feedback. I wrote it with the impression that I was confused, and then I trailed.

Only wanting positive feedback is kind of indicative of insecurity though, so I'd watch out for that.

Edited by Doga

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I once made a Fire Emblem themed costume for Halloween. I also dressed as a queen for another Halloween and wore my hair and crown like Elincia. lol

I also often bring my index finger to my chin while thinking, a la Anna. :P:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've had FE-related dreams too. Mostly about Ike. But I did also have a nice one about Geoffrey, surprisingly enough. Yet, I've yet to dream about Frederick or Kieran. DX

Edited by Anacybele

I also often bring my index finger to my chin while thinking, a la Anna. :P:

That's ...sort of just a thing that people do, though.

The character sheet is for me. Just in case i'm dying, i have the cav. One person. AAAAAAAAAAnd, i like Lyn enough to make her invincible, unkillable, and generally death in human form.

The character sheet is for me. Just in case i'm dying, i have the cav. One person. AAAAAAAAAAnd, i like Lyn enough to make her invincible, unkillable, and generally death in human form.

A stark contrast to her performance in the video game.

Edited by Doga

I shout quotes, listen to the music, have the 3DS, and play Marth religiously in SSBB (second, Main Peach).

Same goes for the rest of the triangle. Then someone pulls out a mace and my mind get fucked up.

^Ditto. Whenever I write now, I have to keep reminding myself that there are other weapons - *gasp* - besides what was used in this game series, as amazing as it is... I can also tell my characters are heavily influenced. And most of the time I just go with it. :|

I named a betta fish Eliwood once, he lasted for about a week and then died.

I think I should have named him Hector

...This has quite literally made me day, good sir. I am trying to cease the laughter but it still persists.

A stark contrast to her performance in the video game.

Rude, bro. Rude, uncalled for, and completely untrue. Them's fightin words, sir.

But let's not go there. How about we look at me?(only slightly abusive, and mostly a total reference to FE)

Edited by Mason The Tactician