Frustrating Maps, Go!

Vashiane

Actually, there are no mages in chapter 12, but you want to watch the 2 bow knights.

They're aren't? I could have sworn... Gyah. I know that there's a main storyline chapter with both armored units and mages, so you have to be really careful with Cherche.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're aren't? I could have sworn... Gyah. I know that there's a main storyline chapter with both armored units and mages, so you have to be really careful with Cherche.

Maybe it was chapter 14 or 15?

Maybe it was chapter 14 or 15?

14! The boat one. They bait you with those armored units and then the mages file in behind. Freaking fudge sauce, that almost got me my first playthough.Thank god for my boy Ricken and his staves. [/snuggles Ricken]

Edited by Vashiane

14! The boat one. They bait you with those armored units and then the mages file in behind. Freaking fudge sauce, that almost got me my first playthough.Thank god for my boy Ricken and his staves. [/snuggles Ricken]

I thought it might have been 14 since I had a bit of a problem there myself. And don't forget the pegasus knight reinforcements that you're not even warned about. They're what I have Cherche for.

I thought it might have been 14 since I had a bit of a problem there myself. And don't forget the pegasus knight reinforcements that you're not even warned about. They're what I have Cherche for.

Gods, I know. Fortunately, I had Ricken and Assassin!Gaius and Archer!Chrom to wipe them out in a heartbeat and a half. Bows for the win!

Although I STILL don't know what I was thinking when I made Chrom an archer. He kicked butt at it, naturally, but seriously, I must have gone all right-brained when I made that decision.

Fuckin' hate Brady's chapter. I can even deal with Manor of Lost Souls (I even LIKE that chapter) but not Brady's stupid bitch of a chapter.

Brady's only sucks if you are trying to save all the green guys. They love being right in the line of archer fire.

Manor of Lost Souls bugs me because of walls.

Chapter 21 was not a fun chapter for me. Tons of siege tome guys I can't hit noooooo thank you.

I hate that chapter. Its ass. The chests are laid out weird and argh.

Donnel's paralogue kinda sucks because you gotta make him level up once and that can be tricky and keeping him alive...Hard mode woes.

Tiki's Paralogue is ass if you dont know whats coming or leave an opening.

Brady's only sucks if you are trying to save all the green guys. They love being right in the line of archer fire.

Manor of Lost Souls bugs me because of walls.

I just blocked the villagers with my units so the enemy just suicide against them. Then again I leave no enemy alive but no trouble with that either. Hm....

Manor of Lost Souls is greatsome simply because you get Nah there.

The fact that the enemies actually IGNORE your units and head straight for lame older Tiki threw me off. It was actually kind of cool.

The fact that the enemies actually IGNORE your units and head straight for lame older Tiki threw me off. It was actually kind of cool.

I'd say that's artifical brilliance to a point indeed. Of course, if they can't reach her, they'll just attack you (specifically, the units on the same axis as Tiki).

What caught me off guard was that I WASN'T expecting to be ignored by the enemy, and was assuming that they'd attack if they had one of my guys in range. Which led to me putting my Falco Avatar in range of an enemy... who DIDN'T suicide on her.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I've been avoiding Tiki's paralogue like the plague... the stupid part of my brain is tempted to try it.

Although I really shouldn't, because if my sister had trouble with that paralogue (my sister with the Avatar that walks onto the battlefield, opens a tome and watches everything that touches her spontaneously fail to exist) then I may just be royally screwed.

Then again, said sister doesn't actually have a strategy. Her strategy is "throw Aresa in front of them and laugh maniacally when they die. Rinse, repeat, with an occasional Dual Strike from waifu Chrom".

>_> I'm not touching that paralogue without a strategy. Must. Think.

I've been avoiding Tiki's paralogue like the plague... the stupid part of my brain is tempted to try it.

Although I really shouldn't, because if my sister had trouble with that paralogue (my sister with the Avatar that walks onto the battlefield, opens a tome and watches everything that touches her spontaneously fail to exist) then I may just be royally screwed.

Then again, said sister doesn't actually have a strategy. Her strategy is "throw Aresa in front of them and laugh maniacally when they die. Rinse, repeat, with an occasional Dual Strike from waifu Chrom".

>_> I'm not touching that paralogue without a strategy. Must. Think.

I got a good one. Block Tiki off completely. It's what I do - block off Tiki from any enemy attack and let the Risen crash against my IRON WALL.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Unless you're not using the Rescue staff, Brady's paralogue is a breeze since all you have to do is kill the boss.

At least, that's how I always went about it.

And Tiki's paralogue is where Galeforce REALLY comes in handy. With some careful maneuvering, I was able to 2 turn the chapter and my only unit with Galeforce was Cynthia. If more units had it, it'd be a lot easier, I bet.

Edited by ZMesu

I got a good one. Block Tiki off completely. It's what I do - block off Tiki from any enemy attack and let the Risen crash against my IRON WALL.

Excellent. I need OHKO units though.

So I'm guessing a LOT of Sumia and Frederick, because THEY are my OHKO husband/wife team.

And Galeforce. Got it~

Edited by Vashiane

Excellent. I need OHKO units though.

So I'm guessing a LOT of Sumia and Frederick, because THEY are my OHKO husband/wife team.

And Galeforce. Got it~

OHKO units might NOT be necessary, and for that mattter, Galeforce isn't either. Overexposure is bad, after all.

Holy - my sister just shared with me some utterly shocking news.

Chapter 6 isn't as terrible a map as some others I know. Sure, I have to quarantine Frederick to a corner so Gaius doesn't try to go near him and end up getting a lance to the jugular, but it wasn't that bad.

Then my sister got to that chapter on her fourth playthrough and was like, "I FREAKING HATE CHAPTER 6 GRRRR."

And I'm like, "It's not that bad, hun, really."

And she's like, "Yes it is! Stupid Gaius keeps sneaking past my units and murders Emmeryn!"

And I'm like, "Sweetie, you just need a - wait, WHAT."

And now I'm on chapter 6 and sweating freaking bullets because of this. DARN IT, SIS I WAS SO CALM AND COOL EARLIER.

Chapter 6 isn't as terrible a map as some others I know. Sure, I have to quarantine Frederick to a corner so Gaius doesn't try to go near him and end up getting a lance to the jugular, but it wasn't that bad.

Then my sister got to that chapter on her fourth playthrough and was like, "I FREAKING HATE CHAPTER 6 GRRRR."

And she's like, "Yes it is! Stupid Gaius keeps sneaking past my units and murders Emmeryn!"

And now I'm on chapter 6 and sweating freaking bullets because of this. DARN IT, SIS I WAS SO CALM AND COOL EARLIER.

Chrom can recruit Gaius by turn two, possibly earlier. Gaius IS the problem, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gaius isn't the prolem for me, but Validar and his stupid Anathema is (on hard mode or higher he has Anathema).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I actually love Tiki's paralogue for being something besides kill all enemies/boss.

I don't like Chapter 24 (I think that's right), not because it's hard but because that damn forest... Thank god for flyers/Acrobat. Also the map is pretty boring, despite looking nice.

Chrom can recruit Gaius by turn two, possibly earlier. Gaius IS the problem, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently, her Frederick hates Gaius and will kill him on sight.

And the other thief behind Gaius is also a sneaky dastard and will get in there. I've don't recall having this problem my first playthrough.

Apparently, her Frederick hates Gaius and will kill him on sight.

And the other thief behind Gaius is also a sneaky dastard and will get in there. I've don't recall having this problem my first playthrough.

I take it Frederick is in Gaius's range during the enemy phase? I dunno if Gaius attacks if a unit is in his range, since I just bait him out and then have Chrom talk to him. As for the other thief, just blockade the passages ways as best you can. Masked Marth can help.

Aww.... Everyone say the fun maps are horrible. (Walhart's recruitment map gives that feel of an equal battle, Brady's and Tiki's give that trapped defense feel, Mila Tree looks awesome and the boss with his mustache and so on)

If any map that I hate and reset a lot, it's chapter 17, Group is split too thin and yet it's hard to reunite and move together. Reinforcement are also the devil. (We also get to see Excellus for the first time! )

I take it Frederick is in Gaius's range during the enemy phase? I dunno if Gaius attacks if a unit is in his range, since I just bait him out and then have Chrom talk to him. As for the other thief, just blockade the passages ways as best you can. Masked Marth can help.

Gaius does attack. You can rig it so that he fights you from a Pillar on Turn 1 Enemy Phase though, for an easy recruit on Turn 2 (Pillar usually saves him if people can't double).

Aww.... Everyone say the fun maps are horrible. (Walhart's recruitment map gives that feel of an equal battle, Brady's and Tiki's give that trapped defense feel, Mila Tree looks awesome and the boss with his mustache and so on)

If any map that I hate and reset a lot, it's chapter 17, Group is split too thin and yet it's hard to reunite and move together. Reinforcement are also the devil. (We also get to see Excellus for the first time! )

I'm not fond of 17 either for the reasons you named, and because I think that FE is at heart a game of numbers - having your group split up puts you in a bad position already.

Unless you're not using the Rescue staff, Brady's paralogue is a breeze since all you have to do is kill the boss.

Don't even need Rescue if you have Olivia and a unit powerful enough to KO the boss.

As for Tiki's Paralogue, I only ever had any trouble with it on Lunatic. On Hard you can just clear it on the 2nd turn with a bit of clever working.