Wow lunatic mode...

After still not getting FE13 and only having the demo since the release, I decided to revisit lunatic mode and try to triumph it. After countless thinking and careful stratagy, I finally beat the demo. I have to say, that was a pain in the arse, but I did learn that Fredrick and Chrom are the best team ever.

Does it get worse and worse later on? (I already know Lun+ is a lot harder with vantage+ and pavise+ or something like that.)

Gets worse before it gets better, but after about Ch5 or so you start to be able to keep your head above water (although the game does smack you in the face midgame, and then again prior to the end). Lots of ways to trivialize the difficulty level, gameplay-wise. I don't suggest Lunatic as your first playthrough, because game knowledge is a very important part of conquering it (run Hard first).

Don't be intimidated by what people say about the difficulty, and run Hard first so you can get the broken mechanics down, then it should be pretty easy after chapter 5 until around chapter 22. That's basically all I can advise you and after that you're pretty much set to go.

Edited by Quick

Well, I used to think the beginning's hard until I got my own strategy to get by. Got it committed to memory, and the run I tried the mode on went pretty well. :v

(Aaaand I paired MU and Frederick instead. Freddy gets to double as soon as MU's speed is high enough. c:)

Edited by Parsee

You'll regret it if you use Frederick too much early. The real MVP of Lunatic mode is VeteranAvatar.

I don't know about that. On one of my Lunatic runs the post-game chapter scroll has Frederick pretty much the MVP every chapter up until chapter 17, at which point he's the secondary MVP for almost the rest of them(Thanks to Dual Guard+).

I managed to beat the demo on lunatic now.

On the first map Fred+Avatar killed everything except for two Myrmidons which targeted Chrom+Lissa, and the last hit on the boss.

Had to switch partners once to Avatar+Lissa so that Fred was save from the Elwind mage.

Avatar didn't help Fred attack or defend even once -.-

Second map, Fred+Chrom doubled everything with an axe and evaded the hammer.

Everone else was hiding in the upper right corner.

Much easier than the first map in my opinion, which I failed several times.

So once I have the full game I probably will give lunatic a try sometime.