How do you pronounce Manakete?

Gold Vanguard

First option sounds kinda weird... but I think I usually pronounce it like ma-na-keet. As for how it should sound like, I have no idea. Did IS ever discuss this? Maybe someone should question them.

Just pronounce it the way its suppose to be... "Dra-gon"

I never understood the whole Manakete, Wyvern, Dragon, etc. What's the point? Just call them dragons and get it over with.

I pronounce it "Mana-keet"

The parakeet joke in shadow dragon leads me to think it's 'mana-keet'

^What they said.

Like a "Parakeet".

Because they just decided that the Japanese "Mamkute" (or Mamkoot if you hacked and saw the item description for the Flametongue in FE7) was just simply too Engrish.

Using the Japanese katakana to justify the "right" pronunciation will do you as much good as you justifying the localization of "Tiamo" to "Cordelia".

When I was younger I pronounces it as Mana ku te since my English sucked back then and I wasn't paying attention so I thought it was spelled like that too.

I still call it that way, but now it is because mana Keet reminds me too much of a bird.

TBH, I'm surprised at how many people pronounce the end of the word to rhyme with bet.

Since there's an "e" after the "t," I pronounce the end to rhyme with complete discrete athlete.

It's *probably* strictly supposed to be pronounced manakeet, but thanks to the silly lack of limitations on our silly language I get to pick and choose what sounds best rather than what's logical!