DLC Music

Cookies

So, now that all of Series 1 is out (and the first map of Series 2!) we should discuss: did they choose the best possible tracks for the various maps? I know it sent chills down my spine playing through RaR 3 and having Eternal Bond (one of my favorite RD themes) playing. Meanwhile for Golden Gaffe we had Winds Across the Plains, which was most likely one of the first map themes many English-speaking FE fans heard.

Also, can't stop playing Death's Embrace with battle animations on... I never noticed how awesome Tearing Shadows was because of emulator lag distorting the music.

I feel like I may have misheard somewhere, but wasn't one of the DLC maps supposed to have the music from the last chapter of Sacred Stones (can't remember the name right now)? It's my favorite final chapter music; I could have sworn reading somewhere that it was in one of the DLC but I don't think I heard it...

1365779174[/url]' post='2354213']

I feel like I may have misheard somewhere, but wasn't one of the DLC maps supposed to have the music from the last chapter of Sacred Stones (can't remember the name right now)? It's my favorite final chapter music; I could have sworn reading somewhere that it was in one of the DLC but I don't think I heard it...

It's in the strongest one DLC.

Actually, the normal music used in the ultimate DLC is exclusive to the Tower and Ruins. Speaking of which, the only real complaint I have is that the battle theme for said DLC isn't "Powerful Foe", which would've been more fitting.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Tearing Shadows is a really good song.

My opinion.

As for best music, i couldnt say. But the DLC is fansevice, so perhaps the choice of "best music" was intentional.

They picked good songs, but the ones in Ephraim and Celica's maps did not fit. Why would a FE8 character have FE3 Book 2 music and why did a FE2 character have FE4 music.

Granted, I love "Eldigan the Lionheart" and "Fateful Encounter", but...I expected Celica's map music.

I love how Ike's theme plays in Rouge and Redeemers 3. Brings back memories of RD. Although they did cut a few verse in the battle theme.

this was actually really annoying

especially when they did the same thing for The Devoted (battle theme on the map)

FE8 music does not deserve to be on the final DLC

It's in the strongest one DLC.

Thanks! That explains it....oh well, at least that's one thing I'll like about that DLC chapter.

And FE8 music is just as good as the rest and I'm happy its the 'final' music; it fits.

IMO, Seliph should have had his theme and not his Father's.

Celica could have used the final map theme for Gaiden

Ephraim could have used Determination and Powerful Foe.

Also, Elincia could have been bearer of hope, but this works as well.

IMO, Seliph should have had his theme and not his Father's.

Celica could have used the final map theme for Gaiden

Ephraim could have used Determination and Powerful Foe.

Also, Elincia could have been bearer of hope, but this works as well.

IMO, Powerful Foe would've been a better fit for the ultimate DLC, since you ARE going up against the toughest enemies in the game, complete with illegal forges.

Edited by Levant Fortner

My thoughts:

RaR1: Should've been Determination and Powerful Foe.

RaR2: Should've been With Mila's Divine Protection and (Vs. Duma?)

...And as great of music as FE8 has, I think TSON should've use Ascent (FE10 4:Endgame 1,2,3 theme) and The Strong (FE10; Zelgius battle theme).... at least on "heroic" mode.

My thoughts:

RaR1: Should've been Determination and Powerful Foe.

RaR2: Should've been With Mila's Divine Protection and (Vs. Duma?)

...And as great of music as FE8 has, I think TSON should've use Ascent (FE10 4:Endgame 1,2,3 theme) and The Strong (FE10; Zelgius battle theme).... at least on "heroic" mode.

Well, I guess I could agree on RaR1, though RaR2... With Mila's Divine Protection, I can agree with, though for the battle theme... I thought about this one, even if it's just a remix of the theme used in LB2:

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/thebest1/228%20Battle%205%20%28Finale%20~%20Ally%20Attack%29.mp3

Maybe someone else can say something...

should've used FE13 final chapter music, seeing as how the boss is only a unit in this game

I'm not picky so I like all the music they chose, especially for Infinite Regalia. I get a little bothered by the altered loops, though. I could live with the cut portions in Echoes of Daybreak and Dawn Brigade. However, I find the missing parts of Battle and a Beginning a little jarring, but I think the Distant Roads alteration caught me off guard the most. That said I haven't had a chance to sit down with R&R3 or the new ultimate training maps because I've been too busy with school lately.

It wasn't bad, but there definitely could have been some better music. Here's my take, for what it's worth:

FE1: There's not much good music here, so I'll let it slide.

FE2: The final map music would have been nice, but nobody really cares about it, so I'm alright with it. Alm's map theme is enough for me.

FE3: Some of the later level music would have been nice, but since it's not really memorable, again, I'll let it slide.

FE4: They really did this one justice. Birth of a Holy Knight, Light and Dark, and Versus Arvis? I would have liked to hear Light Inheritors, but considering how many other great songs there were, I don't miss it too much.

FE5: See FE3.

FE6: This is where it starts to get annoying. I personally think they should have put in Beneath a New Light. Oh, and maybe Battle for Whose Sake, or In the Name of Bern? Seriously, there was some good music that never got put in.

FE7: I think they got the most important ones here. (I'm especially glad they included Softly with Grace. That song rocks.)

FE8: Rise Above. Follow Me. Determination. This game had so many good map themes. Why did they pass over them? Oh, and Powerful Foe is an awesome battle theme. They could definitely have done better on this one.

FE9&10: Given that I have never played through these, I'll leave it to you to decide.

FE11: Clash of Two Virtues and A Hero's Destiny would have been nice. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

FE12: Can't think of much here they didn't already include.

To be fair, they can only put in so many tunes, and most of the ones I listed are no big loss. Where I think they really could have done better is in FE6&8.

EDIT: Levant Fortner, how did you put that music player in your post? I'd love to be able to do that.

Edited by Helswath

Although they did cut a few verse in the battle theme.

this was actually really annoying

especially when they did the same thing for The Devoted (battle theme on the map)

It wasn't bad, but there definitely could have been some better music. Here's my take, for what it's worth:

FE8: Rise Above. Follow Me. Determination. This game had so many good map themes. Why did they pass over them? Oh, and Powerful Foe is an awesome battle theme. They could definitely have done better on this one.

These guys nailed it. Seriously, I couldn't put it better myself.

This game definitely needs more Determination.

EDIT: Levant Fortner, how did you put that music player in your post? I'd love to be able to do that.

I just posted the url for the song in there.

I love how Ike's theme plays in Rouge and Redeemers 3. Brings back memories of RD. Although they did cut a few verse in the battle theme.

The verse did get cut in a few parts, but nobody's perfect. This DLC is now my utmost favorite next to the final one of course. =)

I just posted the url for the song in there.

Let me try.

http://serenesforest.net/media/fe8music/12%20-%20Determination.mp3

Like that? Just using the same song, since there can never be too much Determination, in the game or in this thread.

EDIT: Well what do you know, it worked. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Helswath