Is Priam Canon?

Than the main character should be named Hector xD...

Hector wasn't Paris's only sibling. oAo Paris's siblings who share the same mother include: Deiphobus, Helenus, Polydorus, Troilus, Polites, Antiphus, Pammon, and Hipponous.

Man. There won't be a shortage of names, that's for sure. Assuming the name Paris was supposed to be linked to Troy and/or The Iliad anyway. At least, that must be what the localization was going for, there's no way choosing Priam of all names is random.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hector wasn't Paris's only sibling. oAo Paris's siblings who share the same mother include: Deiphobus, Helenus, Polydorus, Troilus, Polites, Antiphus, Pammon, and Hipponous.

Man. There won't be a shortage of names, that's for sure. Assuming the name Paris was supposed to be linked to Troy and/or The Iliad anyway. At least, that must be what the localization was going for, there's no way choosing Priam of all names is random.

Well Hector fought Achilles for the sake of Paris....he is worth mentioning :P, I believe they went with Priam because Paris is quite confusing, and he has a better chance competing with Priam the King than competing with the city of Paris....

Edited by Azuren the Hero

I could never quite understand it myself. FE and shipping seems to be serious business across all of the games and there have been plenty of flame wars in all of them. But I have never seen them quite so vicious as Tellius's debates. It's a mystery why. >_>

Well, there are 2 shipping wars that is huge in the series

Both of them Involves a Blue Haired Dude, one of them wearing swords, the other wearing Lance

The first one is considered gay, while the other is presumed to be gay despite having a wife.

Hector as a descendant of Ike?

okay i'm done everything in the world is wonderful now

But Ike is based off Hector

Edited by JSND

Well, there are 2 shipping wars that is huge in the series

Both of them Involves a Blue Haired Dude, one of them wearing swords, the other wearing Lance

The first one is considered gay, while the other is presumed to be gay despite having a wife.

okay i'm done everything in the world is wonderful now

But Ike is based off Hector

A country that is ruled by blue haired tough guys, is only a good reason for Ike to be involved in it somehow.

A country that is ruled by blue haired tough guys, is only a good reason for Ike to be involved in it somehow.

I wonder where they're hiding all of the hair dye?

Okay confession time, I always thought Ike's hair was purple, don't ask why I just didn't see blue.

Probably would've been for the better though, as Lief, Micaiah, Elincia, Sothe (not necessarily a Lord but you can never kill him), and Celica are currently the only lords that don't have blue hair. Kind of wish Priam's hair was lavender but ah well.

Okay confession time, I always thought Ike's hair was purple, don't ask why I just didn't see blue.

Probably would've been for the better though, as Lief, Micaiah, Elincia, Sothe (not necessarily a Lord but you can never kill him), and Celica are currently the only lords that don't have blue hair. Kind of wish Priam's hair was lavender but ah well.

And Lyn, Eliwood, Roy, and sort of possibly Alm. And then Eirika and Ephraim have cyan hair, which is technically different than blue.

In Troy, I think Achilles pronounces it 'pree-am'. But that's only Brad Pitt's opinion, so I dunno.

As for the topic, yes Priam is obviously canon because he's in the game.

It comes from the Greek name Πρίαμος, which is pronounced pree-ah-mus.

So Brad Pitt was right.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Now if let's say, you saying someone is "stupid" for not having the same passion for Ike as you do... then there's a problem.

And yes, someone has said that to me. All because I said "Meh" and I was being pretty much neutral.

Being an Ike fan myself, I would agree with this. Personally I think that PoR/Brawl Ike is the best Ike. RD & DLC Ike is pretty meh. I'm an Ike fan, and I think the same way.

It's kinda funny. I played RD first, then played PoR. I guess I'm wierd like that. :/

I like PoR Ike's looks, but RD Ike's personality. Oddly enough. 8U Too much beefcake in his RD look, ew, I hate muscles. But he seems much more level-headed and mature than in PoR.