Is Priam Canon?

What is it about Tellius and debates about pairings and ships? I haven't seen any other FE get nearly as much attention as Tellius and Ike does ;/

If Priam is in the game, then he's canon (although I personally think that Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, and Aversa all surviving is kinda cheap. At least Yen'fay isn't from this timeline). As for whether he's a descendant of Ike or Mist or whoever, unless IS wants to expound on this I'm going with the simplest answer: that he is a descendant of Ike and a random village woman.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about Tellius and debates about pairings and ships? I haven't seen any other FE get nearly as much attention as Tellius and Ike does ;/

If Priam is in the game, then he's canon (although I personally think that Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, and Aversa all surviving is kinda cheap. At least Yen'fay isn't from this timeline). As for whether he's a descendant of Ike or Mist or whoever, unless IS wants to expound on this I'm going with the simplest answer: that he is a descendant of Ike and a random village woman.

I could never quite understand it myself. FE and shipping seems to be serious business across all of the games and there have been plenty of flame wars in all of them. But I have never seen them quite so vicious as Tellius's debates. It's a mystery why. >_>

^ I dunno, I think they're all canonically alive at the end considering they can all produce a child (Morgan). If they were Risen or strictly there for fanservice I don't think they would be presented as being fertile. Plus they can all actually die after showing up again. Walhart was probably talking about being dead metaphorically.

well they sort of are like that its only the MU that can interact with them which is the best sign for them not being canon... as for producing Morgan... EVERY character can produce Morgan... Thus I'm under the impresion that they are not canon but we can know unless the specifically say they are which would be weird...(Then again this game didn't exactly have a well done story so what can you say...)

Like the rest of the Spotpass Paralogues, there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

There's plenty to suggest that those are canon, and absolutely nothing go against it. If they're not canon, neither is Anna. Or fighting Kishuna, or any other sidequest in the whole series.

As far as supports go, the fact that they have them at all states that they're probably canon-- then they have endings, and final chapter interactions.

Previous "Bonus Units" like SS's Lyon and friends did not have any of that, so there's no real parallels there.

Lack of supports shouldn't be a point against them. A couple of main-quest characters have one or two supports besides Avatar, namely Say'ri, Flavia, and Basilio. Anna and Tiki don't get too many either, though they are "optional," but I doubt they would be considered not canon.

I also don't buy them being able to marry the Avatar and be Morgan's other parent is just fanservice. I'm sure plenty of fans would have loved to marry DLC Ike or Lyn. Why make these six anything beyond the other optional, download-only characters if their paralogues weren't intended to be canon? It would have been a lot more efficient to just send them out without any supports or new dialogue, not to mention making six additional confession scenes and endings... Heck, why not give them out as a quick Spotpass team or DLC pack if they really are just "extras"?

To me, everything seems to point to them all being canon, debating that is just being nitpicky.

Edit: Whoops, totally missed that very similar last post above mine before posting XD

Edited by Owain Dark

I could never quite understand it myself. FE and shipping seems to be serious business across all of the games and there have been plenty of flame wars in all of them. But I have never seen them quite so vicious as Tellius's debates. It's a mystery why. >_>

Because FE9 had really good supports and FE10 had really shitty supports.

It all makes sense now, Soren did Mist and everyone thought that Soren's bromance with Ike made him gay....quick check Paris's back and see if he has a brand

It actually seems possible, but knowing IS I doubt it is.

SorenxMist OTP

move over yaoi fans

Oh mother of crap.

I know I've already posted in this topic.

But while skimming I saw it as "Is Priam a Cannon?"

Someone... draw this... NAO.

I'm willing to pay for the commission.

I saw Priam Cannon

sounded pretty badass

Back when he was released in Japan I figured that Paris would be the brother/son of the main character in FE14 and he'd be the guy ultimately responsible for causing that week's apocalypse.

But then the localizers changed his name to Priam and now I can't pretend the name is meaningful. :<

Back when he was released in Japan I figured that Paris would be the brother/son of the main character in FE14 and he'd be the guy ultimately responsible for causing that week's apocalypse.

But then the localizers changed his name to Priam and now I can't pretend the name is meaningful. :<

Than the main character should be named Hector xD...

Well, according to Wikipedia, Priam was the father of Paris. 8U

I don't like what this is implying. Pleasssssse don't have Priam in FE14, unless hes a cameo character. I haaaate Ike.

I don't like what this is implying. Pleasssssse don't have Priam in FE14, unless hes a cameo character. I haaaate Ike.

"I"ke hates you too....seriously what have you done to the guy he gets angry the second he hears your name...

Edited by Azuren the Hero

Than the main character should be named Hector xD...

Hector as a descendant of Ike?

Hector as a descendant of Ike?

okay i'm done everything in the world is wonderful now

what have you done to the guy he gets angry the second he hears your name...

The fanbase.

The "I think he was cool in FE9. He's 'meh' in FE10".

The SECOND you mention that, the fanbase of the "Hero of the Blue Flames" just shoves crap down your throat.

Think of the way Micaiah mentions him in Part 1 of FE10.

Being "middle of the road" is never acceptable to fans of a character these days.

The fanbase.

The "I think he was cool in FE9. He's 'meh' in FE10".

The SECOND you mention that, the fanbase of the "Hero of the Blue Flames" just shoves crap down your throat.

Think of the way Micaiah mentions him in Part 1 of FE10.

Being "middle of the road" is never acceptable to fans of a character these days.

Well I'm sorry being Ike fan, for some Ike is only best character in Fire Emblem but for me Ike is the best character in everything...it's like someone crawled into my mind and created the character that I wanted to create...

Well I'm sorry being Ike fan, for some Ike is only best character in Fire Emblem but for me Ike is the best character in everything...it's like someone crawled into my mind and created the character that I wanted to create...

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Now if let's say, you saying someone is "stupid" for not having the same passion for Ike as you do... then there's a problem.

And yes, someone has said that to me. All because I said "Meh" and I was being pretty much neutral.