Japenese or English voices

Aethern

Japanese or English voices?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What voices do/will you use?

I'm curious as to what voices people use/will use for their fire emblem game. I would say without a doubt that the Japanese voices have better quality voices but I only know a very very very (can't emphasize enough) small amount of Japanese. So I don't think I'll be using japanese voices as I won't be able to understand about 99.9999999999% of the battle voices and such. If I ever do a 2nd playthrough I will deeply consider using them but for now I'll stick to English voices when I get the game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese voices... on my Japanese copy.

The bug on the English version is damn annoying when I have to restart after getting wrecked by Lunatic+.

I like the English voices. They did a pretty good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0G1fs1Yzk4

But like a friend and I agreed, it's just not the same with English Olivia for us. We both like Japanese Olivia a lot more than her English counterpart. She did mention though that Karen Strassman did a lot better job with Anna... simply because she fit her character better.

You also might want to fix that typo on the topic title.

Also in Japanese, Chrom is Lissa's son, and thats pretty amazing

Who... what?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Where'd you hear that JSND

In the Japanese game Lissa refers to Chrom as Oni-Chan (Brother)

So I don't know where you got that from but its incorrect.

I use both, just depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Although recently, I'd say I use English 80% of the time, and Japanese the other 20%. As I'm currently learning Japanese (slowly, but still), I sometimes switch to Japanese voices to pick up on some things and translate them.

Yeah, I have to agree with you Rey, the japanese voice actor for Olivia did a MUCH better job than Karen. I'm not necesseraly saying they're bad I'm just saying the japanese voice actors were generally better than the English ones. I do like the English voice acting quite a lot though.

Yeah, I have to agree with you Rey, the japanese voice actor for Olivia did a MUCH better job than Karen.

I didn't say that.

I said the role didn't fit the voice. That wasn't any fault of hers.

Yeah, I have to agree with you Rey, the japanese voice actor for Olivia did a MUCH better job than Karen. I'm not necesseraly saying they're bad I'm just saying the japanese voice actors were generally better than the English ones. I do like the English voice acting quite a lot though.

Voice Actors were good in both versions. I hold no bias here. I think that all the voices, Japanese and American, were good. Granted, some were better than others between the versions (such as the mentioned Olivia), but I think everyone did a rather stellar job in the acting department.

Besides, in a text-heavy game, it doesn't really concern me too much, especially since my first FE was FE3. The classics pretty much got me to the point where I could play Awakening with no voice acting at all.

....Of course they are because Fire Emblem is originally Japanese.

Don't get me wrong (even though I hate English dub voices overall in any game/anime), I admit that this English dubbing is pretty decent.

Chrom is Joseph Joestar >_>

And theres that particular 50 years old woman

Kana Asumi's not registering on Jojo.

Unless of course you're playing on the "Lisa Lisa" as the name.

If so, you're STRETCHING the joke.

Edited by shadowofchaos

but i love stretching a joke

Anyway, somehow playing a game that has English words with Japanese voice feels rather awkward

Looks like you never saw subtitles/fan subs on anime and such with Japanese voices.... :/:

but i love stretching a joke

Anyway, somehow playing a game that has English words with Japanese voice feels rather awkward

At first, I also didn't really know if I would be able to work with it, but Xenoblade helped me manage that better. I always play Xenoblade with Japanese voices now (unless I want to hear Reyn's hilarious dialogue). I'd do the same with this game, but I much enjoy Owain's English VA.

Looks like you never saw subtitles/fan subs on anime and such with Japanese voices.... :/:

Not really no

The problem generally comes from the In Story dialogue, if anything

Other games with Jap VA and English Dialogue that I have played was like..... EF1, and that one did not have Voice during in story dialogue

I can't stand the English voices. It's not that they're bad, no, the dubbing is stellar. The only problem is it doesn't really suit the character at all. Olivia is the biggest example. They also made Ricken sound like an older teenager instead of a young teenager. I'm way too used to the Japanese voices, and it's no trouble for me to flip the language switch every time I boot the game up, even if I go on a reset spree.