Japanese or English voices?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What voices do/will you use?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell

The kids sound just fine and Cynthia's voice actor captures her enthusiasm quite well so it can't be the worst. Inigo sounds like he's trying to sound "cool" or something like that to impress the ladies because that's just how Inigo is.

Then again all of the English voice acting in this game is pretty gosh darn good so eh to all you saying it isn't.

On Cynthia, for the record, I think the part is played well, the voice just sounds awkward to me. That's all I meant.

That's kinda exactly what I meant when I talk about Olivia's English voice.

And quite a few people got on my case?

That's kinda exactly what I meant when I talk about Olivia's English voice.

And quite a few people got on my case?

In my case, the English voice was the first I heard anyway, and I didn't go saying "the Japanese is better," etc. (I haven't even heard Cynthia in Japanese)

I didn't go saying "the Japanese is better," etc.

Err, I didn't say that as fact.

I always stated it was my own subjective preference of myself and my friends as a reason why we use the Japanese voices more than the English voices.

I'm not going on a crusade >_>;

in that case you are bad and should feel bad for having bad opinions

I might like talking to Integ, but these posts are what really get me riled up.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Err, I didn't say that as fact.

I always stated it was my own subjective preference of myself and my friends as a reason why we use the Japanese voices more than the English voices.

I'm not going on a crusade >_>;

I didn't mean it like that, sorry if it came off that way. All I mean is that the situations are different based on our reasons and justification. I will also admit, however, that what I originally said doesn't really reflect well what I mean, so it's understandable that people, especially those who like Cynthia's English performance, would see it in a more negative light, and that's why I wanted to explain myself further.

I might talking to Integ a lot, but these posts are what really get me riled up.

I can't tell if you see it or not, but in case you don't, Integ was pretty definitely not being serious.

I can't tell if you see it or not, but in case you don't, Integ was pretty definitely not being serious.

The implications are still there. ;/

Well, no I obviously saw it after his post after... but damn even as a joke... I'm *TRYING* to be neutral and saying my own opinions are subjective and just giving reasons WHY I like the Japanese voices the way I do besides the obvious "ZOMG YOU'RE A WEEABOO". Just TRYING to be agreeable here >_>;

Anyone saying "I prefer the Japanese voices better" almost always have at least one person singling them out saying "it's just because you're a damn weeaboo. You can't tell the difference between REAL voice acting."

I really HATE being grouped with the actual weeaboos...

Man, if TheEnd were here right now, he'd be saying something about my "power level" by now.

Edit: In any case, I apologize to anyone getting the connotation that I thought the English voices were bad in any respect. They're not, by a longshot. It's great... It's just that I prefer the Japanese voices.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The implications are still there. ;/

The only possible implication I see is making fun of people who argue like this, which should put him, if anything, on shadowofchaos' side, not getting anyone riled up.

Well, no I obviously saw it after his post after... but damn even as a joke... I'm *TRYING* to be neutral and saying my own opinions are subjective and just giving reasons WHY I like the Japanese voices the way I do besides the obvious "ZOMG YOU'RE A WEEABOO". Just TRYING to be agreeable here >_>;

I'll never have a problem with anyone preferring one way or the other, I just don't like it when someone insults the other side or unjustly calls one side better than the other. I'm not saying you've done this, but if I've ever "fired back" at you, that must have been what I saw. If it was a misunderstanding, I apologize.

It's a thin line, that it is, and no matter what you say there will always be someone around to take it the wrong way. Best not to worry yourself about it too much.

I like both options equally~

Both the Japanese and the English versions are incredibly awesome, and my complaints with either of themare minimal. I think the only voice I even mildly dislike is Cynthia's English voice, and that's only because it seems a bit awkward to me.

And I just have to say that I adore Inigo's voice. Liam O'Brien is one of my favorite VAs~ <3

I really HATE being grouped with the actual weeaboos...

The fact you lampshade your weebness makes you much more endearing. ;):

I find Tiki's english voice to be so goddamn cute.

Tbh shadowofchaos I've never had a problem with how you describe your preference of the Japanese voices, because every time I've seen you post on the topic you always say in the same post that the English voice acting is very good too. But some other people make it sound like preferring the English voices makes you inferior or something, for not being able to grasp the omgobjectivesuperiority of the Japanese ones. At least, that's the impression I've gotten.

Also you were so right on predicting the inevitable outbreak of arguments

So earlier in this thread I said I couldn't think of any Japanese voices I liked better than the English... I believe you have just reminded me of an exception :p

Edited by Owain Dark

I do, too, which is ironic when you realize that she and Cynthia share the same English voice actress.

Tiki's confession scene also gave me the feels. That was quite touching.

I do, too, which is ironic when you realize that she and Cynthia share the same English voice actress.

Tiki's confession scene also gave me the feels. That was quite touching.

Speaking of sharing voice actresses... I've already mentioned... Olivia and Anna share a voice actress in English.

Mother of crap, I just can't stop laughing that the contrasting character traits... Shy vs. Enthusiastic to sell her goods.

And then on the Japanese side, Nono/Nowi and Inverse/Aversa...

Just... I can't wrap my head around it. xD

And as for who I wished who voiced who in English...

Lon'qu should have been voiced by Bosch.

Same freaking situation as Guy Cecil.

THE JOKES WOULD HAVE NEVER ENDED.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lon'qu should have been voiced by Bosch.

Same freaking situation as Guy Cecil.

THE JOKES WOULD HAVE NEVER ENDED.

I actually think Lon'qu's voice actor fits him. If Bosch had voiced a character I would rather have had him voice Owain (I also like his voice actor btw), or have been on of the voice options for the male Avatar.

I usually prefer the original. But unless the english voice overs are bad (and many times they are bad indeed), I'll prefer english over japanese. I just can't stand the female voices (all sounding like 4 years old spoiled girls or squirrels or both).

Matthew Mercer did an amazing job on Chrom, though. That can't be denied.

If Bosch voiced Lon'qu then he and Ricken should have supported. For all my Persona feels.

On that note, Emmeryn's voice actor is also Chie's. I want peace with my f-steak, dammit.

I find Nah's voice in english something ... strange for someone of his appearance

* Escape criticism to himself *

Both.

Because Asuka Severa (Japanese) is fucking baddass with her critical voices.

Knowing some Japanese, (2 yrs exp so far) I happen to like the differences that some characters have in the English/Japanese version. Like, I like Japan Florina alot better as she makes my heart melt to no end with her gentleness that is alot more in the Jap version than in English. Jap Serra makes you want to strangle her. -.-

She thinks that everything is a game which that was retconned from our version. In the Jap version, she is insane.

But anyway, both!

And I like Tharja better than Saria and I like Wood better than Owain. xD

Wood makes it sound more Dragonballic. =P

The versions have their differences.

Edited by ポーラ

I actually think Lon'qu's voice actor fits him. If Bosch had voiced a character I would rather have had him voice Owain (I also like his voice actor btw), or have been on of the voice options for the male Avatar.

Bosch would've been perfect for Owain.

I usually prefer the original. But unless the english voice overs are bad (and many times they are bad indeed), I'll prefer english over japanese. I just can't stand the female voices (all sounding like 4 years old spoiled girls or squirrels or both).

I didn't realize the Japanese voices of Miriel, Emmeryn, Tharja, Noire, Aversa, Severa, Cordelia, Flavia, Lucina, Cherche, Anna, Panne, Kjelle, Sully, Tiki, and Say'ri also had cute moe voices. ._. Clearly those woman are as cute-sounding as Olivia, Sumia, Cynthia, Nono, and Nah.

Obviously.

If I could keep the setting straight, I'd never hear the English voices. I'd trade Frederick's delivery for never hearing Kellam again. . .fair enough~!