Pairing Suggestions

I find it funny how this went from a paring gameplay evaluation thread to Sumia bashing when it comes to Frederick X Sumia.

I suppose. I just think the payoff isn't enough to justify jumping through all those hoops... Swordfaire (which I suppose you meant instead of Tomefaire) is about all the Myrm class tree has that's of any note.

**coughcoughanother2.5Xdamagechanceandanextraskillclassbetterthansnipercoughcough*

Seriously, you just gotta make sure you're not dealing anything more than 1 DMG. Astra doesn't waste weapon uses like in other FEs, you know. Not to mention, a class with the speed of a Swordmaster and the accuracy of a Sniper is always helpful.

and in my humble opinion, Olivia's better paired with someone else.

The only ones who would probably be good non-Chrom candidates for a husband for Olivia would be Robin (no duh), Frederick, Stahl, and Lon'qu, and maybe Kellam and Virion. Several other options either have class overlap (Gregor), or classes that Inigo wouldn't necessarily want, or likely wouldn't have the growths for (Henry, Ricken, Libra). And the competition for good husbands is hot in some areas.

Edited by Little Al

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**coughcoughanother2.5Xdamagechanceandanextraskillclassbetterthansnipercoughcough*

Seriously, you just gotta make sure you're not dealing anything more than 1 DMG. Astra doesn't waste weapon uses like in other FEs, you know.

The only ones who would probably be good non-Chrom candidates for a husband for Olivia would be Robin (no duh), Frederick, Stahl, and Lon'qu, and maybe Kellam and Virion. Several other options either have class overlap (Gregor), or classes that Inigo wouldn't necessarily want, or likely wouldn't have the growths for (Henry, Ricken, Libra). And the competition for good husbands is hot in some areas.

True, Astra doesn't waste weapon uses like in other FEs, but it still doesn't really sound all that appealing when Lucina already has Aether...

Again someone is claiming that me saying why I dislike a character is bashing them? (the same happened on a different forum) Gods, give me a break, please. >_>

True, Astra doesn't waste weapon uses like in other FEs, but it still doesn't really sound all that appealing when Lucina already has Aether...

With Rightful King and Limit Break(er) it gives Great Lord Lucina a 60% chance+ to activate Aether and or Astra in one strike iirc. Where as if it was only Aether it would be only 37% I need to look up on that but point is Astra+Aether>Aether+Some other skill. Doesn't hurt that Swordmaster Inigo with Rightful King and Sol (my set in my Lunatic postgame run with ChromxOlivia) with a luck boosting tonic Inigo has almost an 80% chance to activate Sol and when with somebody (I think Hero and Assassin) he gets a whopping 86% chance to activate Sol and he can become pretty damn hard to beat even if you pit him in the middle of a mob with that. The only possible worthwhile replacement for that is if you paired Olivia up with either Lon'qu, Virion, or Frederick and gave Inigo Lancebreaker.

Edited by Quick

With Rightful King and Limit Break(er) it gives around a 60% chance to activate Aether and or Astra in one strike iirc. Where as if it was only Aether it would be only 35% I need to look up on that but point is Astra+Aether>Aether+Some other skill.

I'd rather some defensive skill over Astra since making up for lacking offense is easy. Making up for inadequate defense... is more difficult.

I'd rather some defensive skill over Astra since making up for lacking offense is easy. Making up for inadequate defense... is more difficult.

Well whatever it is Olivia!Lucina has all the defensive skills Lucina has, san Pavise. Renewal isn't a skill that is that great for Lucina (albeit a great skill for other units like Gerome) and Lifetaker isn't even worth considering over Astra. Sumia!Lucina is good but it's not like Olivia!Lucina doesn't have more than what she needs.

Well whatever it is Olivia!Lucina has all the defensive skills Lucina has, san Pavise. Renewal isn't a skill that is that great for Lucina (albeit a great skill for other units like Gerome) and Lifetaker isn't even worth considering over Astra. Sumia!Lucina is good but it's not like Olivia!Lucina doesn't have more than what she needs.

I dunno about you, but I'm not exactly enthused about having to grind Olivia just so she can have any real impact on Lucina's bases... and ultimately, I think the inconveniences of having Olivia mother Lucina are more than enough to be a dealbreaker. That is all. And to be honest, I don't know exactly what you were trying to prove with bringing up what you did, for one, and second, I think Chrom gives Lucina all the offensive skills she'd care about.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I dunno about you, but I'm not exactly enthused about having to grind Olivia just so she can have any real impact on Lucina's bases... and ultimately, I think the inconveniences of having Olivia mother Lucina are more than enough to be a deal-breaker. That is all. And to be honest, I don't know exactly what you were trying to prove with bringing up what you did, for one, and second, I think Chrom gives Lucina all the offensive skills she'd care about.

A lot of the mothers would have to be ground up (or at least brought up to speed) anyways to make their kids viable, y'know. Olivia's no exception.

Edited by Little Al

A lot of the mothers would have to be ground up (or at least brought up to speed) anyways to make their kids viable, y'know. Olivia's no exception.

I know that much. I suppose it's just bias speaking because I think Chrom/Olivia definitely coulda been handled better (ergo, I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't reduced to a last-minute thing).

Actually, I did Chrom/Maribelle for my (primary) playthrough. It's hard/casual, and I was interested in expiramenting with the fact that everyone else puts this couple down.

Sure, the two don't exactly support eachother in the best way, but the end result can work out quite well. I had Maribelle pass down Galeforce to Lucina, then made Lucina into a dark knight. Once she had galeforce, aether, and life taker, coupled with the high magic she inherits from her mom, she was a very strong force to be reckoned with. Her low defense modifiers were canceled out by her dark knight class and lifetaker, so all she really needs to do is pull of the kill and she's set. And Brady as a war monk wasnt half bad either. (And I always break down laughing when Sumia is creeping on the reunion.)

Oh, and Frederick+Sumia. I noticed quite a few people didnt like this pairing, and neither do I (I benched Sumia once they got married.) I did it because it makes Fred and Cynthia's supports that much better.

Edited by Saint

I actually like the Frederick x Sumia pairing. One, I can start supporting them at chapter 3, so Sumia's married off by chapter 8 at the most without grinding. Which means a better chance at Olivia. Their supports are cute, Frederick!Cynthia gets a beastly amount of defense and Luna, and her supports with her father are very heartwarming indeed. Granted, I REALLY hate that Sumia was locked out of options in the same way Chrom was... Chrom I understand a bit because he has to get married off before chapter 11 (but they could have given him Miriel, Panne, Tharja or Cordelia) but Sumia doesn't. To be honest, I would have loved to pair Sumia with Vaike. But that's just me I guess.

Anyway, this is about Chrom.

Chrom/Maribelle's supports are actually very sweet... it may be because Brady as Chrom's son doesn't seem as "right" as, say, Inigo or Morgan. That and I always pair Brady with Lucina so nope, can't do it. I like the pairing, really. And it's cute how Maribelle is still ever-so devoted to Lissa.

I actually like the Frederick x Sumia pairing. One, I can start supporting them at chapter 3, so Sumia's married off by chapter 8 at the most without grinding. Which means a better chance at Olivia. Their supports are cute, Frederick!Cynthia gets a beastly amount of defense and Luna, and her supports with her father are very heartwarming indeed. Granted, I REALLY hate that Sumia was locked out of options in the same way Chrom was... Chrom I understand a bit because he has to get married off before chapter 11 (but they could have given him Miriel, Panne, Tharja or Cordelia) but Sumia doesn't. To be honest, I would have loved to pair Sumia with Vaike. But that's just me I guess.

Anyway, this is about Chrom.

Chrom/Maribelle's supports are actually very sweet... it may be because Brady as Chrom's son doesn't seem as "right" as, say, Inigo or Morgan. That and I always pair Brady with Lucina so nope, can't do it. I like the pairing, really. And it's cute how Maribelle is still ever-so devoted to Lissa.

That makes two of us - I hate that Sumia was restricted in terms of marriage options for no real reason. I personally woulda liked to have her marry Stahl or something.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Sumia Vaike would be like.... a dream comes true. Its sad that in the end Sumia is surprisingly the best marriage choice for MU....

As for Maribelle and Chrom, their A support is basically a moment to respect for her.

The only thing about the possibility of Stahl x Sumia is that a lot of people would use it, not because they actually like the supports or what-not, but because it gets both of them out of the way.

It's sad, really. I adore Stahl so much, even if he's a mediocre unit in terms of gameplay.

And yes, it would be! Their supports would be hilarious.

Hopefully I feel inspired today and end up writing it. :)

Gods, yes. All of Maribelle's supports are beautiful - that's why I love her so much. She may initially come across as your standard snooty noble, but then her supports completely turn that on its head so well, I just... wow Nintendo. Serious respect for you.

I also wish Sumia has more candidates though. I could go with Sumia/Stahl if he's a candidate(makes a pretty decent Falcoknight Cynthia).

Revised my pairings a bit.

Pairings

LissaxVaike - Libra in case FeMU marries Chrom

SullyxDonny - Still searching for alternative in case Donny gets shafted to Tharja instead. Leaning towards Vaike for alternative.

MirielxRicken

SumiaxFrederick - Decided to make Cynthia a Falcoknight.

MaribellexHenry - Dunno what class for Brady, Sage or War Monk. Leaning towards Sage but he has an unique model as a War Monk.

PannexGregor

CordeliaxLon'qu

NowixKellam/Gaius - Kellam for slow but tanky Nah, Gaius for Galeforce. Leaning towards Kellam.

TharjaxGaius/Donny - In case Gaius was given to Nah then Donny takes the place. Also, Donny gives Noire Armsthrift.

OliviaxChrom/Virion - If FeMU marries Chrom then she'll get Virion instead.

CherchexStahl - The only one remaining. Still pretty solid IMO.

FeMUxChrom/Libra - If Chrom was taken then FeMU goes to Libra. Asset/Flaw is +Str/-Def.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

I was also thinking Cherche with Virion too because of their backstory(also they make a somewhat viable Gerome) but Stahl gives better mods.

And I'm still torn with Chrom and Libra. Chrom sounds better stat-wise and interaction-wise but I have a bias towards Libra soo...

I don't blame you if you go Libra, Princess. Miracle is never a bad skill to have on hand, and Healtouch is great if Morgan is reclassed to a stave-wielded class, like Trickster or Sage or Falcon Knight.

If that doesn't win you over, Libra's confessional just might. ;)

Vantage is a great skill in the mid-game, but late-game your avoid rate may be so high it completely nullifies the skill's usefulness. All depends on how you play, of course, but that's just from what I've seen.

Edited by Vashiane

That makes two of us - I hate that Sumia was restricted in terms of marriage options for no real reason. I personally woulda liked to have her marry Stahl or something.

Gregor on my front. In regards to Sumia's pairs that is.

Edited by Little Al

I don't blame you if you go Libra, Princess. Miracle is never a bad skill to have on hand, and Healtouch is great if Morgan is reclassed to a stave-wielded class, like Trickster or Sage or Falcon Knight.

If that doesn't win you over, Libra's confessional just might. ;)

Vantage is a great skill in the mid-game, but late-game your avoid rate may be so high it completely nullifies the skill's usefulness. All depends on how you play, of course, but that's just from what I've seen.

His confession is only one of the feats that wins my heart :3

Despite that, RK Morgan seems pretty good. Also, Chrom gives better mods.

I guess the time will decide.

Pairings

ChromxOlivia

LissaxVaike

SullyxDonnel

MirielxRicken

SumiaxFrederick

MaribellexHenry

PannexLon'qu - Decided to give Gregor to Tharja. Gregor might be a better choice but I need him for VVW Noire. Plus, +6 Skl and +7 Spd is nothing to scoff at.

CordeliaxVirion - Sure it's not the best but at least it's still viable. also Miku Severa

NowixGaius - Grants Nah Galeforce, also he gives pretty good mods for her.

TharjaxGregor - Since Tharja is the only possible Sorc that I'll use(and has Vengeance) I'm going to make VVW Noire. Also Gregor grants Armsthrift so that's a bonus. The mods aren't half bad either.

CherchexStahl

FeMUxLibra

80% done(actually done but not fixed yet), I still need suggestions.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess