New types?

Knife

Yeah, Poison is pretty much useless. Steel is immune to it, Poison as status effect other than Toxic is inferior to Burn, and it's only effective against one type (Grass)

It should be buffed at least a little.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poison is best used as a defensive type which I always found a bit strange. At least they absorb Toxic Spikes and can't be stalled out with Toxic. Maybe add a strength to Water, but...

Part of me thinks GameFreak isn't going to do anything drastic about types. It's not like they changed anything about them since Generation 2.

Also keep in mind that Light type wouldn't exactly be an opposition to Dark type, since Dark is essentially all about dirty fighting. Ghost is closer to some kind of shadow elemental type.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Don't fix what isn't broken.

One could arguably say Steel and Dragon are. The latter is somewhat understandable since it's introduction, but Steel resisting more than half of the types isn't too much for you?

Edited by Doga Blockovich

One could arguably say Steel and Dragon are. The latter is somewhat understandable since it's introduction, but Steel resisting more than half of the types isn't too much for you?

Even though Scizor and Dragonite are popular OU choices, they are not broken. That's what we have tiers for. If something is overpowered in its tier, it gets banned from play.

If you looked at each type's strengths and weaknesses, then yeah Steel and Dragon look fantastic compared to Poison and Normal. But pokemon of inferior types tend to end up in the lower tiers.

tbh I don't think there will be a type advantage revamp.

I would be bitter about having my competitive team screwed up, but that's going to happen anyway with the new Pokemon popping up. Type advantages are hard enough to memorize as it is, but I wouldn't mind them introducing a new type. B/W proved that change is a good thing in Pokemon.

I would be bitter about having my competitive team screwed up, but that's going to happen anyway with the new Pokemon popping up. Type advantages are hard enough to memorize as it is, but I wouldn't mind them introducing a new type. B/W proved that change is a good thing in Pokemon.

Play competitive Pokemon for a week on Pokemon Showdown with a type chart handy. You'll memorize the type advantages easily. Even with Platinum and BW2 the metagames were changed, which is great because the meta gets more boring to play the more that people are sure what the best Pokemon are.

I think Sylveon is most likely a fairy-type if not a normal one (I don't see how it looks at all like a flying type. o_O). The colors and the little bow things look so fairy-like to me. I also think the idea of a light type is cool though. I've added both these types to my fan region as well.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Sylveon is most likely a fairy-type if not a normal one (I don't see how it looks at all like a flying type. o_O). The colors and the little bow things look so fairy-like to me. I also think the idea of a light type is cool though. I've added both these types to my fan region as well.

And Kingdra looks nothing like a dragon, among many other things I could bring up in the series past. I doubt there will be a Fairy or Light type. Gamefreak would be promoting the game based on the new types if there were any.

Edited by Opinion Leader Jedi

And Kingdra looks nothing like a dragon, among many other things I could bring up in the series past. I doubt there will be a Fairy or Light type. Gamefreak would be promoting the game based on the new types if there were any.

You've never heard of a sea dragon? o_O

Also, perhaps GameFreak wants to keep us guessing for now instead of revealing everything right out. I find it more fun this way anyway.

I'm pretty convinced that Sylveon will be a new type (most likely the rumoured Fairy) until proven otherwise! There's just no convincing reason for them be guarding its type so fiercely if it's not going to be a new type. Anything else would just be anticlimatic at this point.

Sylveon's name is most likely derived "sylph", a type of fairy. This coincides with its Japanese name, Ninfia, which likely comes from nymph, another type of fairy. It all adds up so far.

I'm pretty convinced that Sylveon will be a new type (most likely the rumoured Fairy) until proven otherwise! There's just no convincing reason for them be guarding its type so fiercely if it's not going to be a new type. Anything else would just be anticlimatic at this point.

They do it to leave everyone wondering and create discussion. Not leaking information is a practice that most advertisers do. If Sylveon is a flying type, which is a more realistic prediction than assuming it's a new type, then it probably won't be leaked long before the game's release - a new Eeveelution does not have to be a new type to be revealed early :facepalm: If it is of a new type, then it'll probably be included when that information is released.

I think Sylveon is going to be a bug type since its ears are the same shape as the unova bug badge. Also the eyes look like they could fit a bug. I don't think it is going to be a new type.

They do it to leave everyone wondering and create discussion. Not leaking information is a practice that most advertisers do. If Sylveon is a flying type, which is a more realistic prediction than assuming it's a new type, then it probably won't be leaked long before the game's release - a new Eeveelution does not have to be a new type to be revealed early :facepalm: If it is of a new type, then it'll probably be included when that information is released.

How so? Sylveon looks nothing like a bird or other flying animal, it has no wings, and it's not even shown to be able to float. Its bows resembling those of Skyla means nothing. Lots of people that don't use flying types adamantly can wear bows. Also, GameFreak has stated that a pure flying type is near impossible to do because it'd have to stay airborne constantly. Which Sylveon is not shown to do.

I also don't see how it can be a bug type at all. It doesn't have any bug-like features.

I agree with anyone that says it's either normal or a new type.

Edited by Anacybele

He didn't say that Sylveon was most likely a Flying type, only that it's more realistic than a new type altogether.

Ah well, we'll know sooner or later anyways~

I'd like to see a Force type. A metaphysical sort of type that is reminiscent of the electromagnetic, gravity, weak and strong force ideas. Something could be categorized as psychic, but so could rock be encapsulated with ground.

Edited by Vorena

He didn't say that Sylveon was most likely a Flying type, only that it's more realistic than a new type altogether.

Ah well, we'll know sooner or later anyways~

Yes, and I was explaining why it's not realistic for it to be a Flying type. Or a Bug type. I still believe Fairy type if not normal or some other new type.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the fact that Game Freak is hiding the type in the first place is very suspicious.

Which leads me to believe that it's a new type.

And if not that, then Normal-type.

EDIT: Because honestly, it just does not look like a Flying-type Pokemon. But then again, neither does Gyarados and a bunch of other Pokemon. >_>

So yeah, I guess I can't really guess accurately, because who knows what Game Freak will decide to do?

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

It looks like it could be a kite, which would be flying related.

I'd be excited for it to be a new type, but if it isn't a new type then my money is on it being flying type.

If it was based on a kite, wouldn't it be shown gliding? Like Mantyke and Mantine (sort of)?

Not necessarily. I really only think Mantine and Mantyke look like that because they are based off manta rays, and thats how a manta ray looks. Like they're gliding.

I do think a new type is a strong possibility, but if it turns out that there is not going to be a new type I think flying is the most likely. Sylveon's name comes from the word Sylph, air spirits. Air spirits=flying type to me. Plus I just think the bows/ribbons look like a kite tail to a large degree.

Edited by frat_tastic