Apparently there were additional polls in Knights of Iris besides character popularity

I.M. Gei

Favorite pairings:
1 - FeMU and Chrom
2 - Virion and Cherche
3 - Henry and Olivia
4 - Stahl and Sully
5 - Gregor and Nowi
6 - Vaike and Miriel
7 - Ricken and Maribelle
8 - Frederick and Lissa
9 - MU and Lucina
10 - Chrom and Olivia

Most used character:
1 - MU (28.5%)
2 - Donnel
3 - Morgan (M)
4 - Morgan (F)
4 - Tharja
6 - Cordelia
7 - Inigo
8 - Chrom
9 - Lucina
9 - Frederick

Most used skill:
1 - Galeforce (32.2%)
2 - Sol (10%)
3 - Armsthrift (9.8%)
4 - Ignis (7.6%)
5 - Aether (6.6%)
6 - Lethality
7 - Rally Spectrum
8 - Lifetaker
9 - Renewal
10 - Vengeance

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 - Henry and Olivia

7 - Ricken and Maribelle

Why. WHY. Two pairings I hate rank so high in Japan. 8U

Different strokes for different folks?

It may be because of the dynamics that come with each pairing. Henry and Olivia is the classic bad boy meets a sweet, shy girl who tries to redeem him scenerio while Ricken and Maribelle is a prime example of a Rescue Romance.

Favorite pairings:

1 - FeMU and Chrom

2 - Virion and Cherche

3 - Henry and Olivia

4 - Stahl and Sully

5 - Gregor and Nowi

6 - Vaike and Miriel

7 - Ricken and Maribelle

8 - Frederick and Lissa

9 - MU and Lucina

10 - Chrom and Olivia

This is just another situation where I take it everyone is fed what things should be in a story. I mean all of these pairings are the sort where they are rather natural given what you know of from the storyline. Hardly ever do you see random things get placed together.

MUFxChrom for example is sort taken for granted due to friendship. Virion and Cherche are from the same country and already know each other. Stahl and Sully too comes across as fairly natural. Gregor and Nowi is put together form the start. Vaike and Miriel have their own little skit on the join chapter. Similar things with Ricken and Maribelle.

Henry & Olivia, Chrom & Olivia, MU(F/M) & Lucina is sort of unexpected though.

Edited by Vorena

ChromxOlivia is considered the optimal pairing if you're a male Avatar, and IIRC Male Avatar and Lucina isn't exactly uncommon, either (and it does get its own version of the post-chapter 21 scene and a pretty godly Morgan).

I guess a lot of Japanese players saw the HenryxOlivia support conversation and thought "Aww, that's just adorable~"?

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Olivia/Henry would be cute if the A Support wasn't so fake. OTL If she had been cursed from the beginning of the convo, I might have bought her random being-cursed-out-of-nowhere trick. Without any hint at all that she had been cursed, it felt like a cheap ploy to force emotion out of Henry. Manipulative bitc At least that's how it felt to me.

Buuuuut this isn't the place for ship-to-ship combat. 8U; I'm rather surprised at how popular Vaike/Miriel is to rank Top 10.

I'm surprised Sumia x Chrom isn't up there and I'd think Viole x Sully would be picked more than Stahl for her. Since he is the one that comes with her after all.

Other than that it's not really surprising, other than no Limit Breaker in skills list, but that might be because it's DLC.

Henry X Olivia was kinda different in Japanese version. In fact, it is one of the more popular Japanese convo that gets ruined by localization

But then again, this is Henry support, the same guy who basically screams the fact that he is the sanest person in the team...

Edited by JSND

The RNG goddess is upset because she didn't rank first.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who went Vaike/Miriel. It's total nonsense gameplay-wise, but such a fun support.

They make a cute couple I also like to pair her with Lon'qu.

Vaike/Miriel never clicked for me, and I don't think I'll ever like it (partly because I'm not a Vaike fan, partly because I prefer ma!MU/Miriel). The only pairing that I used in my first playthrough on the "favorite pairings" poll is Chrom/Olivia ;/

Guess I'm just contrary.

5 - Gregor and Nowi

What

How

I

Uh

WHAT

I mean, I pair them together a lot but that's only ironically and because it baffles everyone I've talked to about the game.

Edited by Rawr

Henry X Olivia was kinda different in Japanese version. In fact, it is one of the more popular Japanese convo that gets ruined by localization

But then again, this is Henry support, the same guy who basically screams the fact that he is the sanest person in the team...

It seems to be exactly like the English conversation from what I've read. D8 Olivia still gets randomly cursed out of the blue for no good reason, Henry's still denying anything's wrong with him, what exactly is so different between the English and Japanese dialogue?

It seems to be exactly like the English conversation from what I've read. D8 Olivia still gets randomly cursed out of the blue for no good reason, Henry's still denying anything's wrong with him, what exactly is so different between the English and Japanese dialogue?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38572&p=2310516

That post should help clear up nitpicks for it.

Edit: Derp. You posted right after him. Never mind.

Edited by shadowofchaos

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38572&p=2310516

That post should help clear up nitpicks for it.

Edit: Derp. You posted right after him. Never mind.

There's nothing in the Japanese B Support that suggests Henry is traumatized by his past. It's practically the same as the English B Support. Olivia still worries too much and claims Henry is faking his cheerfulness, and Henry is still insisting that it didn't effect him that bad and he's cheerful anyway.

Honestly, maybe I'm just bad at spotting details, but JP!Henry doesn't seem like a Stepford Smiler to me. People can have bad childhoods and still turn out cheerful and happy with life. I've read through JP!Olivia/Henry a million times, but there's nothing heartwarming about it. And JP!Henry is just as much as a sociopath, if his Japanese Critical/Battle quotes are anything to go by. ("Go die~" "This is fun~" "I'm going to kill you~", not to mention his insane laughing when he crits) Honestly, where are people getting this "it's so heartwarming" vibe when it comes to Olivia/Henry, in any language? It's certainly cute, but it's no tear-jerker like Cherche/Henry is.

There's nothing in the Japanese B Support that suggests Henry is traumatized by his past. It's practically the same as the English B Support. Olivia still worries too much and claims Henry is faking his cheerfulness, and Henry is still insisting that it didn't effect him that bad and he's cheerful anyway.

Honestly, maybe I'm just bad at spotting details, but JP!Henry doesn't seem like a Stepford Smiler to me. People can have bad childhoods and still turn out cheerful and happy with life. I've read through JP!Olivia/Henry a million times, but there's nothing heartwarming about it. And JP!Henry is just as much as a sociopath, if his Japanese Critical/Battle quotes are anything to go by. ("Go die~" "This is fun~" "I'm going to kill you~", not to mention his insane laughing when he crits) Honestly, where are people getting this "it's so heartwarming" vibe when it comes to Olivia/Henry, in any language? It's certainly cute, but it's no tear-jerker like Cherche/Henry is.

Oh, I know. Cherche has some of the best supports: hers with Lon'qu's about brought me to tears. Poor guy...

Edited by Vashiane

Wasn't this already posted at one point?

I guess I'll mention that Henry X Olivia never clicked for me. Even in the Japanese script. It's cute, but it's something I wouldn't exactly go for even gameplay or reasons.

Cherche/Henry is my favorite pairing for both of them, actually. (I haven't actually tried feMU/Henry yet.) It's a bummer that I can't find more people who like it :P

Libra/Tharja bugs me on the favorite pairing list. It's ranked 11th(?) but still, I don't get it why it's popular. It's my least favorite pairing.

I know it shows Libra's dark and troubled past, and Tharja actually being a pretty nice girl but other than that I don't see the appeal. I think it's breaking Libra's character instead.

Libra/Tharja bugs me on the favorite pairing list. It's ranked 11th(?) but still, I don't get it why it's popular. It's my least favorite pairing.

I know it shows Libra's dark and troubled past, and Tharja actually being a pretty nice girl but other than that I don't see the appeal. I think it's breaking Libra's character instead.

You've mentioned this quite a bit....

It doesn't break his character either.