Anyone else found themselve short on money most of the time?

BrightBow

Well, I am in my first playthrough now and the armies just meet each other for the second time and looking back, I pretty much never had any money to spare.

Heck, I even did some arena grinding on Holmes route. I am that broke most of the time, that I find it difficult to imagine that I could have ever bought the first Dragon Flute.

Considering that Fire Emblem games usually made me feel that there was money growing on trees, I found that to be rather surprising. Did anyone else have such trouble?

Edited by BrightBow

Runan's group was pretty much perpetually broke throughout my entire playthrough, though that might just be me being extremely wasteful. Holmes and his posse didn't have as many money issues because of all the loot they kept picking up.

The first time around, I had money problems. It was never catastrophic, but I was struggling. My second time through, though, I found the money to be more than enough. It was tighter than most FEs, but I wasn't broke once I had a better idea of how to deal with it.

Maybe by selling a few stat-up items? They do sell for quite a bit.

Edit: Come to think of it, my money situation really scares me when I think about actually investing in Repairs, Herbs and shields.

Edited by BrightBow

The only thing I tend to buy is those Pilum javelins back in chapter 7. Then I transfer all of my money to Holmes since Runan gets half of his stolen. Just give him 3 gold bags and use them/sell them just before getting the Dragon Flute in chapter 10.

The next route split could go halfsies. Money didn't seem that important later.

Having one of your slowpokes use the arena while whoever leads seizes the throne could be helpful for your funds.