Shocksticks, why are you such jerks?

Forrest

Not only are they only 1 range, they're impossible to obtain reliably. Not a single spotpass team sells them (Unless one of the "Other" teams has it). I bring this up today specifically because I just got Petrine in my bonus box. When I saw that she had a brave lance, I thought "Huh, did she use a brave lance before? Wait, no, she used a flame... lance. I guess it'd be a bit hard to transition that--wait a second, what about the Shockstick? It's a magic lance--WAIIIIIIIIIT!!!".

They dropped the ball on that one, I think, though that's just my personal thought on the matter.

They're still better than FE9 Bolt Axe and SD Levin Sword, as I see it, because at least there are units who can use Shocksticks well.

The only issue i had was that those are not 1-2 range. Cuz that like, doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Yes, especially since the Levin Sword and Bolt Axe are 1-2 range. Why did Lances get the...short end of the stick? :sirius:

Yes, especially since the Levin Sword and Bolt Axe are 1-2 range. Why did Lances get the...short end of the stick? :sirius:

Speaking of which, couldn't they have been throwable like a javelin, like the Flame Lance was in PoR?

When you put it that way, true. I do like how the magic weapons here actually have users that can bring out their potential. The range and availability irk me though (But I guess that's probably because magic weapons are a novelty I love.)

Also a throwable shockstick would be silly. Especially since they use a casting animation like the levin sword and bolt axe. But it'd be funny so I'd support that.

I know right? So saw what was done thar. :P:

I like using Shocksticks on my Brides but it really just burns my bacon they arent ranged! what the shit!

I like using Shocksticks myself when I get them, and it is upsetting that they aren't 1-2 range. One other thing I don't like is just simply the fact that all 3 of the magic weapons in this game are lightning. I would've liked it more if they were the Bolt Axe, Flame Lance, and Sonic Sword from PoR instead.