Why is your "Favorite Fire Emblem Game" listed in your profile your favorite?

I'm just curious...

For me, if I can overcome the difficulty in Thracia 776, I would fall in love with it (lol). This game has almost everything I wanted in a Fire Emblem. The only thing I don't like about it is that everyone has a 20 cap for non-HP stats and that Berdo is too damn easy (I never got to him, but seen other people pwning the shit out of him).

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

It was the first one I played, and it had elements that the others didn't. (Amazing supports, tactician, sidequests, etc.) Radiant Dawn is a close second, and Genealogy is up there as well.
Blazing Sword is my favorite FE also, for pretty much the same reasons as Fox stated. It was my first FE, and you always have a special attachment to the first game you play in a series, especially in a series like FE. The game having a tactician was one of my favorite parts of the game - it made me feel a part of the game, like I was involved in the action rather than just watching it happen, I was really disappointed when the following games in the series never included a tactician. The sidequests were excellent, they rewarded you for doing well in the game, provided an extra challenge and gave you more to accomplish, again I was very disappointed that side quests were omitted from the following games. Also th character as both units and personalities are my favorite in the series, again this my be linked to it being my first FE game because they are the characters I met first. Radiant Dawn comes second a not too distant 2nd.

Great plot, great setting, some of my favorite music, feels a bit more like "real war" than most of the other games to me and has honestly awesome units. I also like how the main bad guys in Holy War beat out all the others in terms of sheer bastardness per square pound.

Great plot, great setting, some of my favorite music, feels a bit more like "real war" than most of the other games to me and has honestly awesome units. I also like how the main bad guys in Holy War beat out all the others in terms of sheer bastardness per square pound.

Actually...I agree with all of that. Lakche especially is like... cheap or something.

For as far as I am, Alvis takes the cake on that last part.

im still debating between fe7 and fe10 but i like 7 because hector is bad ass i love the story and characters and its challange

fe10 same thing but ike is bad ass so idk

from the looks of it, you like fe10 more. Unless you flipped a coin or something...

Gaiden is my favorite, because not only does it have a nostalgic twist to it, but it's also the most different and original of all the Fire Emblem's yet. It's the only game I can play in the series where I can actually feel like something original is going on--it's always a breath of fresh air to see Cliff learn Thunder and start killing things from three spaces away, rather than equipping a weapon. It's music isn't so bad either~

The only thing I don't like about it is that everyone has a 20 cap for non-HP stats and that Berdo is too damn easy (I never got to him, but seen other people pwning the shit out of him).

There's a hack which raises the caps to 30, if memory serves, but this may make the game cheap, as the enemies wouldn't level as well, at least I think. If their stats are generated through their growths, they might exceed a previously capped stat, but I haven't seen it before :/

I find FE7 to be my favorite because um.... I not sure why :lol: It was the first one I played. I liked the characters, being a tactician in the game was cool, and most of all, it's fun to play.

My top three are RD, FE5, and and Sword of Seals. RD is my favorite because it was long and pretty challenging. It also has a good story with a nice plot twist. Some of the dialogue made me laugh and I thought the characters personality's blended well.

That's a very good question... At first I thought FE7 ruled and all because I only heard of FE7 and FE8 and my friend didn't like FE8. But then I played FE9... It was so much cooler for some reason. The characters, no annoying promotion items, no arena (I hate it when people win a game just because of the arena) and the plot was so interesting. I do miss the tactitian but you never decided anything. In FE9, you could change the storyline a bit (not really but they give you options XD). The I played FE8, the game was just as fun as FE7. I sometimes preferred FE8 but now it's more of a tie. FE6... I didn't like it that much but it was continuing FE7 so I wanted to play. And last week thanks to Sir Canas I found a translated version of Gaiden. But I don't like it that much because I like FE games a lot for there plot... But there is practically no plot to it. I didn't get far at all so maybe there's a plot later on. So my list is like this

FE9-10

FE7-8

FE6

FE2

(yes I know it looks like I'm putting them in order)

There's no plot to Gaiden because it's a Famicom Game. Perhaps a total 0f 10% of all 1400~1600 games to have come out had something going, but a majority are just quick blips to keep you going. New Ankoku (FE1 DS) is still like that, and Gaiden is like that :/

Rather than Sir Canas's method, I would recommend you just get the ROM and your own emulator, rather than use a flash emulator on the web. Better features, likely to have better emulation, and they're pro'lly using j2e's demo patch, which includes tons of bugs--two of which can crash the game and keep you from continuing, lest you remove the patch or save and quit from within the game, and reload through the save you created. If memory serves, there's an amendment patch which rectifies, and tries a little more, to salvage the translation and its bugs.

While Path of Radiance probably isn't the best game (I like the GBA ones a bit better), it was the first one I played that got me introduced to the Fire Emblem series, so that's why I listed it. It's started a healthy obsession.

There's no plot to Gaiden because it's a Famicom Game. Perhaps a total 0f 10% of all 1400~1600 games to have come out had something going, but a majority are just quick blips to keep you going. New Ankoku (FE1 DS) is still like that, and Gaiden is like that :/

Rather than Sir Canas's method, I would recommend you just get the ROM and your own emulator, rather than use a flash emulator on the web. Better features, likely to have better emulation, and they're pro'lly using j2e's demo patch, which includes tons of bugs--two of which can crash the game and keep you from continuing, lest you remove the patch or save and quit from within the game, and reload through the save you created. If memory serves, there's an amendment patch which rectifies, and tries a little more, to salvage the translation and its bugs.

thanks for the tip